The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Hi! I just got a job as a casual at woolworths and was wondering how much the pay is per hour? I'm a 20 year old student. Thanks :)!
Grade 2 casual rate is ~$25/hr. Part time is a little under $21/hr.

What position did you get? Everyone knows that Nightfill is the best department to work for in Woolworths. :)

Last edited:

coffeeandsocks

HSC
It's a new store opening(Feb 2014), so I'm not too sure yet where I'll be working. But I think it'll be check out :)!

nanakid12

HSC
Nightfill, the best department? Pfft, only thing they are good for is providing priority ones for service :p

And even then there still hopeless ha.

Just kidding (that's a joke me and the Nightfill captain have- he jokes that service staff are useless, so I likewise have to joke back) I just find Longlife to be extremely boring. The staff are great to work with :) it's just not for me, when I can help it haha.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Nightfill, the best department? Pfft, only thing they are good for is providing priority ones for service :p

And even then there still hopeless ha.

Just kidding (that's a joke me and the Nightfill captain have- he jokes that service staff are useless, so I likewise have to joke back) I just find Longlife to be extremely boring. The staff are great to work with :) it's just not for me, when I can help it haha.
if only it were a joke, the duty manager isn't much help either.

the saturday night before christmas i had to shout at him just to get some people on register, why don't people think "all staff" includes them when it's busy.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Hah. None of my nightfillers are checkout trained. If they were I'd never get our work done each night! They all have to work at 70 cartons an hour as-is to get the job done.

I love teasing the front end manager. :) Telling her that if the Nightfillers worked on the front end there would never be a priority one call because we would scan more than 5 items per minute! :p

Katebrunner

HSC
How much do meat managers get paid? I heard they are some of the highest paid people because they have to be qualified butchers!!!

djhol4

HSC
N/A
My store is quite old, and customers always complain about the layout of it.
we have no bakery
a small delhi
6 express POS - which is attached to the smoke-shop
5 large registers, of which only 4 are operation, an only two are ever open at once

we do $360-400,000 a week

is this unusual? what size store would u say this is?

I though this was small, but apparently their are stores eveeeeeen smaller

OH and I also need to do my usual vent.....

One of my night supervisors is training me for service 10 cause he realizes I'm actually a competent employee (ie not lazy and untrustworthy), told the CSM and 2ic that i was an "excellent worker" (hope u dnt mind me blowing my own horn) and that they should give me more hours and call me more to cover late shifts..........to which the 2ic replied "oh but he's not in the top 5 for scanning rates?"

Im like number 7 and since when does any manager pass judgment on an employees ability/motivation/competence/work ethic based purely on scanning rates.... I'm I the only one who thinks some managerial staff have been lobotomised...this isnt th only negative experience ive had with managers btw

Last edited:

Katebrunner

HSC
My store is quite old, and customers always complain about the layout of it.
we have no bakery
a small delhi
6 express POS - which is attached to the smoke-shop
5 large registers, of which only 4 are operation, an only two are ever open at once

we do $360-400,000 a week

is this unusual? what size store would u say this is?

I though this was small, but apparently their are stores eveeeeeen smaller

OH and I also need to do my usual vent.....

One of my night supervisors is training me for service 10 cause he realizes I'm actually a competent employee (ie not lazy and untrustworthy), told the CSM and 2ic that i was an "excellent worker" (hope u dnt mind me blowing my own horn) and that they should give me more hours and call me more to cover late shifts..........to which the 2ic replied "oh but he's not in the top 5 for scanning rates?"

Im like number 7 and since when does any manager pass judgment on an employees ability/motivation/competence/work ethic based purely on scanning rates.... I'm I the only one who thinks some managerial staff have been lobotomised...this isnt th only negative experience ive had with managers btw
That's a small store but not tiny.

I guess there is a reason why your night supervisor is not the CSM or 2ic. They are in those positions to make decisions, and you must respect them because they are managers.

djhol4

HSC
N/A
thanks for the speedy replybut...no offense but save me the condescension....

the reason my night supervisor isnt 2ic or CSM is becasue he is at least 10 years younger than them and hasnt been working at woolworths as long as them, he actually knows more than the 2ic about administrative stuff ironically

not for a second did i suggest I didnt "respect my managers"... Im just saying sometimes they frustrate me, I mean this same 2ic went on leave for 2 weeks and forgot to cover her own shifts....she works 40 hours a week, 80 hours of work over two weeks had be replaced in a few days....

Katebrunner

HSC
thanks for the speedy replybut...no offense but save me the condescension....

the reason my night supervisor isnt 2ic or CSM is becasue he is at least 10 years younger than them and hasnt been working at woolworths as long as them, he actually knows more than the 2ic about administrative stuff ironically

not for a second did i suggest I didnt "respect my managers"... Im just saying sometimes they frustrate me, I mean this same 2ic went on leave for 2 weeks and forgot to cover her own shifts....she works 40 hours a week, 80 hours of work over two weeks had be replaced in a few days....
I didn't say that you didn't respect managers, I meant that you should respect their decisions.

As you said, the night supervisor is younger and less experienced than the CSM and 2ic. That is why they are the ones that get to make the decisions.

Having said that, I know some real idiots who are managers lol! And I agree that the scanning rate shouldn't be the only thing they consider!!

djhol4

HSC
N/A
Having said that, I know some real idiots who are managers lol! And I agree that the scanning rate shouldn't be the only thing they consider!!
Amen!

Also, do u have to be a supervisor to do store opening, or have supervisor numbers?
At my store sometimes a normal operator is rostered on for opening and then the actual day supervisor comes like 2 hrs later?

And somedays we dont even have a day supervisor rostered on? is that because the csm/2ic is technically supervising?

nanakid12

HSC
I would suggest not posting your store's sales figures on here. That's a big no no.

Although our store does less than yours and we have 8 main registers, 4 express and 2 smoke shop. One of our mains and two of out express we don't keep money in, so they never get used.

Katebrunner

HSC
I would suggest not posting your store's sales figures on here. That's a big no no.

Although our store does less than yours and we have 8 main registers, 4 express and 2 smoke shop. One of our mains and two of out express we don't keep money in, so they never get used.
My store normally does around $750-$800k

Katebrunner

HSC
Does anyone like checking out the customer comments on the woolworths Facebook?? Lol sooo funny to see all the dumb complaints!!

nzbru

HSC
N/A
I am just wondering if this is normal, I have recently viewed my last payslip from the Allyours website and this appeared on it:
3J CAS+50% 4.00- $ 18.0885 $ 72.35-
That amount was subtracted from the total figure. I can not think of any reason they would subtract hours of work from it, do you guys think it is a mistake?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I am just wondering if this is normal, I have recently viewed my last payslip from the Allyours website and this appeared on it:
3J CAS+50% 4.00- $ 18.0885 $ 72.35-
That amount was subtracted from the total figure. I can not think of any reason they would subtract hours of work from it, do you guys think it is a mistake?
If you were rostered to work Christmas week and didn't work, then yes. Pay was sent early that week so any staff who were rostered were paid, and then if you didn't work then they take the $$ out of your next pay. Otherwise ask your SSO to clarify.

nanakid12

HSC
Whoa this thread is still going???
You're back! For good???

Had the most awkward customer today. I brought up the topic of the current heat wave we're experiencing here in SE-QLD, and he loudly announced how he liked to stand in the air-conditioning in the newsagent reading the dirty mags "checking out the tits and the pussy".

That certainly turned a few peoples heads.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)