Theatre Thread! (1 Viewer)

shcottydont

sweet i get a title!!!
HSC
i went and saw an amatuer version of 'Just So' (put on by Stage Artz) as i knew alot of the people in it and was really shocked at how good the main character was. his name is blake (lastname currently unknown).

i think he is one to watch, and i know he has been invited to audition for 'Mary Poppins' today for when i finally comes to Australia (im fairly sure it opens in Sydney)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No need to apologise. :D I was just going by what I could remember. It should be an interesting show to see.

shcottydont

sweet i get a title!!!
HSC
i am def looking forward to seeing it, might even fly down to Melbourne to watch it

any sydney people planning on seeing Mama Mia this season?

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Also, I forgot to write - some dickbag's phone went off during Streetcar!
What a fuck!
Anger!
Did you see what Hugh Jackman did to an audience member when his phone went off.?

Anyone went to see "When The Rain Stops Falling" or "Threepenny Opera" @ NIDA?
I went to see "WRSF" and it was so fantastic, I wanted to go again. I wonder if it's still playing...

six demon bag

HSC
Did you see what Hugh Jackman did to an audience member when his phone went off.?

Anyone went to see "When The Rain Stops Falling" or "Threepenny Opera" @ NIDA?
I went to see "WRSF" and it was so fantastic, I wanted to go again. I wonder if it's still playing...
Threepenny was fantastic! I loved it.

I just missed when the rain stops falling which sucks cos I really wanted to see that one but sadly no :(

jaimebien

HSC
When the Rain Stops Falling is playing at Melbourne Theatre Company at the moment. I saw it earlier this year and it's my absolute favourite ever. Sorry, Streetcar holds nothing to it. Speaking of Streetcar, I saw it last weekend. Will post more thoughts later.

johony

HSC
saw 'references to salvador dali make me hot' at griffin last night. enjoyed it quite a lot, but felt a little short being only 60 minutes running time.

btw guys (i've invited some of you on fb already), the griffin youth initiative is having their first event on the 29th of October and the play being shown on the night will be Strange Attractor; heres a linky for deets: Login | Facebook

it's only $8 so it'll be really swell to see some of you down here. oh and there's only 50 tickets as well!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ok, so here's most of the details for Angels in America.

UOW's Faculty of Creative Arts is proud to present
"Angels In America" By Tony Kushner
Part 1 "Millennium Approaches" Directed by Tim Maddock
Part 2 "Perestroika" Directed by Chris Ryan
With 3rd year students from the School of Music and Drama
Tony Kushner's "Angels in America" is an iconic dramatic romp through 1980's aids ridden America. It's full of glitter, tears, blood, guts and pride.
This interpretation of the classic American text is by Tim Maddock and Chris Ryan who take the play back to it's visceral human roots and leave the stage messy and pulsing.
Place: PACT theatre Erskineville
Dates: 29th 30th and 31st of October
Time: To be confirmed

(contains strong language, drug use and nudity)

Login | Facebook

Or search for: UOW 3rd Year Grad Show "Angels in America"

Last edited:

jaimebien

HSC
Dammit, BOS is a bit screwy lately.

Anyway, Absolutezero, count me in for Angels in America! Any other BOSers going? I have very high expectations, so I need someone to rant/rave about it afterwards.

Johony, I *might* be able to make it to that, but I need to economise my time. I see that Laura from STC YAP is also there, which is pretty cool. I reckon both theatres' panels should meet together, since it's about getting theatre out to youth in general, not just one particular theatre.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Angels in America, additional information:

Times:
Part 1 6pm and Part 2 8.45pm

Prices:
Part 1 & 2: $30 Full, $25 concession
Part 1 OR 2: $25 Full, $20 concession
Group Bookings (both parts): $25 (10 people or more)

Bookings:
MCA Tix 1300 306 776, www.mca-tix.com.au

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, for those near Wollongong, with some time free:

FCA Performance presents...

AS I LAY DREAMING

Written and directed by Catherine McKinnon.

A workshop production created in collaboration with 2nd year FCA Performance students.

A group of friends gather at the river in memory of a friend who drowned there ten years earlier. In this nocturnal world, they find the river is a meeting place. Some meet up with strangers, others with friends, one with a ghost, but all feel the draw of the mysterious river. As the night unfolds each takes a step into the water.

This is a story about the awkwardness of new beginnings and the suddenness of endings, about love’s strange currents and the collision of the rational and the irrational, about the lies we tell and the fictions we create, and about how one small event can change the course of our lives forever.

CAST: Matt Abotomey, Madison Chippendale, Lily Calderbank, Tiffany Estreich, Rose Maher, Jack Michel, Aidan Emanuel, Irene Kokotatsios, Emily Freestone, Felicity Tchorlian, Sam Wade, Steven McLeod, Jessica Wilkinson, Blake Wiggins and Tom Weber.

Contains strong language and nudity.

Pricing:
Adult: $23; Concession: $16; Student $13; Groups (10+): $15

Performance Times:
General Public:
Thurs 22 - Sat 24 Oct 8:15pm

Running Time:
1 hr 30 mins

Book online at:
http://merrigong.com.au/shows/as-i-lay-dreaming.html

Box Office Telephone:
(02) 4224 5999

johony

HSC
I reckon both theatres' panels should meet together, since it's about getting theatre out to youth in general, not just one particular theatre.
can't believe i missed this for a month
i reckon it'd be a great idea to set up an event for a viewing of the griffin/stc cross production happening in 2010. also it'd be good to discuss ways of getting theatre really out there for young people.

griffin has an exciting season for 2010 which will be up soon. i'll be at the season launch tomorrow night :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)