Things to do during holidays between end of Year 11 and start of Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
Re: This October Holidays....

Its good to get a head in anything. Unless you're extremely confident in your courses for next year, i suggest any amount of studying wouldnt hurt?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

I agree with Aerath. It's all about you and what you feel about it. If you feel the need, give it a shot. I am doing some studying ahead and I think it is really helpful...but that's just me.

ratcher0071

HSC

kevda1st said:
Hi, im in year 11 and on my FINAL holidays before i go into year 12 and start my HSC. Should i be studying?? xD Well i went through the first week doing nothing, tired from the prelim yearly. And decided i need to start doing somthing on the second week.
So any advice on how i can start studying for whats to come? Any tips and advice would help! Thanks!.
If you think you got in you to study, and not get distracted, then by all means, otherwise just relax.

chltmddus112

HSC

ah, its the last holiday u can relax -_-..

I am just gonna relax ~ or, if u feel worried, study for lyk 2 hours?

Probably jst read thru text books and see what comes out

jessiekg14

HSC

wow no one at my school is studying!!!! we're all just relaxing before we gotta put in all our effort later....you dont want to burn out!

H4rdc0r3

HSC
Aerath said:
Welcome. :)

Hmmm, it's pretty much the same here. Except, I'm not quite pedantic about it being the right smoothness or tip sharpness. :p

especially the part about being a girl :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
LOL - I like using gel pens - they're good if they don't smudge (they smudge for most people but i don't get that problem).
Well, most of us are right-handers. :)

sometimes use those for exams too.. they're so expensive tho like $5 each?
Yeah, in stationary shops, they're like $5. But some genius from our school bulked them from Melbourne, like 100 pens + refills, for like $2.50 each, and sold them to us for like $3.50. Made a huge profit. :p

H4rdc0r3 said:
especially the part about being a girl :p
Screw you too. :p

Crates

Banned
HSC
Aerath said:
Well, most of us are right-handers. :)

Yeah, in stationary shops, they're like $5. But some genius from our school bulked them from Melbourne, like 100 pens + refills, for like $2.50 each, and sold them to us for like $3.50. Made a huge profit. :p

Screw you too. :p
I love making money off stupid kids at school. It's a shame I can't do it anymore since I've left.

For example, after they pulled all the junk food from the canteen, I began selling cans of Coke for $1/can, when I bought them for about 40c a can. Also, I downloaded an ebook of the 7th Harry Potter book, put it on CD and sold it for $10/CD. Made a fortune from that as well. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
I sometimes use those for exams too.. they're so expensive tho like $5 each?
ahh I wish I too had the money to spend on new stationery.. my savings were spent on new text books :(
You serious? You spend your own money to buy all those books? My mum just gives me money if I say that I am going to buy books, no further question asked. lol

ratcher0071

HSC
lyounamu said:
You serious? You spend your own money to buy all those books? My mum just gives me money if I say that I am going to buy books, no further question asked. lol
my parents will just say to borrow books from the library, unless the books are needed for whole year (like school recommended maths,physics,chem textbook)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
my parents will just say to borrow books from the library, unless the books are needed for whole year (like school recommended maths,physics,chem textbook)
rly? My mum has a mindset that: the more I have, the better...lol

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
Hmmm, it's pretty much the same here. Except, I'm not quite pedantic about it being the right smoothness or tip sharpness. :p
What really bugs me is the tip sharpness. I tend to push really hard on my pens and that often results in punctured holes in my books when I use fine pens. That's why I tend to stick with medium pens, although fine pens look better.

the-derivative said:
LOL - I like using gel pens - they're good if they don't smudge (they smudge for most people but i don't get that problem).
oh yeah! I forgot to buy that. Instead, I got 10 other pens that should last me about 3/4 of the year.

the-derivative said:
LOL
I'm not going to buy text books for Year 12 - my school's got pretty good text books, and if I need anything - I'll just scab them off a library.
That's what I plan to do with 4u Fitzpatrick. Instead, I think I'll buy 4u Terry Lee. My school I've heard is giving us a 1988 version of Patel 4u maths :uhoh:

lyounamu said:
My parents do the same with me. But I funded about 60% of my textbooks because my school gives you $30 vouchers for which ever subject you Dux so back in Year 9, I bought a stack of maths and physics books which I can quite happily use today :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
What really bugs me is the tip sharpness. I tend to push really hard on my pens and that often results in punctured holes in my books when I use fine pens. That's why I tend to stick with medium pens, although fine pens look better.

oh yeah! I forgot to buy that. Instead, I got 10 other pens that should last me about 3/4 of the year.

That's what I plan to do with 4u Fitzpatrick. Instead, I think I'll buy 4u Terry Lee. My school I've heard is giving us a 1988 version of Patel 4u maths :uhoh:

My parents do the same with me. But I funded about 60% of my textbooks because my school gives you $30 vouchers for which ever subject you Dux so back in Year 9, I bought a stack of maths and physics books which I can quite happily use today :D
That sucks if you don't get anything...

I should get $150 if that's the case for my school too...

Well, at least I am getting a some kind of small trophy...that will be the only source of motivation...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
That sucks if you don't get anything...

I should get $150 if that's the case for my school too...

Well, at least I am getting a some kind of small trophy...that will be the only source of motivation...
LOL yes it does suck if you don't get anything. It's my main motivation for the year! To Dux as many subjects to ensure that I don't use my parent's money. But my school also provides you with scholarships and that also pays for school things, so I was glad when I got that. Plus, you get reinburst on the textbooks you buy.

Small trophy? That's better than my school. They just give you a sheet of marble paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)