Things to do during holidays between end of Year 11 and start of Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
What really bugs me is the tip sharpness. I tend to push really hard on my pens and that often results in punctured holes in my books when I use fine pens. That's why I tend to stick with medium pens, although fine pens look better.

oh yeah! I forgot to buy that. Instead, I got 10 other pens that should last me about 3/4 of the year.

That's what I plan to do with 4u Fitzpatrick. Instead, I think I'll buy 4u Terry Lee. My school I've heard is giving us a 1988 version of Patel 4u maths :uhoh:

My parents do the same with me. But I funded about 60% of my textbooks because my school gives you $30 vouchers for which ever subject you Dux so back in Year 9, I bought a stack of maths and physics books which I can quite happily use today :D
lyounamu said:
That sucks if you don't get anything...

I should get $150 if that's the case for my school too...

Well, at least I am getting a some kind of small trophy...that will be the only source of motivation...
You guys are both better off than me.. I duxed two subjects... all i got is two pieces of paper... not even marble paper :(

ratcher0071

HSC
the-derivative said:
You guys are both better off than me.. I duxed two subjects... all i got is two pieces of paper... not even marble paper :(
Same here, except 3 pieces of paper :cool:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL!

Well if it makes you feel any better, I got a clean sheet of paper printed in black and white once back in year 7 for 100% attendance.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Re: This October Holidays....

jessiekg14 said:
wow no one at my school is studying!!!! we're all just relaxing before we gotta put in all our effort later....you dont want to burn out!
That's at my school too (well the majority of people).
I get teased for studying. Oh well, their loss :read:

lionking1191

HSC

i started srsli studying a week ago, so lets see...you have about a year minus a week to chill out

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

we had a compulsory reading to do for the holidays so i've read half of that and i've done a bit of maths coz i like to hav an idea of wat we're doing when we're learning it.

JessicaCaroline

HSC
Oh my god i really can't believe people are talking about doing any sort of study in these end of year 11 start of year 12 holidays.
GUYS are you serious!?!? This is our last period of freedom from assessment and study stress and you should be making the most of it, not doing school related stuff, gosh!!
You'll regret not fully lapping up these last precious holidays when year 12 hits you!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Timothy.Siu said:
we had a compulsory reading to do for the holidays so i've read half of that and i've done a bit of maths coz i like to hav an idea of wat we're doing when we're learning it.
Holy crap - you've read half already? =(

jaychouf4n

HSC
in 3U maths yr 12 finished chapters 1,2,3,6

hehe, i still have a life nevertheless, seen eagle eye twice ><, and going to K on tuesday

yay :D

Last edited:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
JessicaCaroline said:
Oh my god i really can't believe people are talking about doing any sort of study in these end of year 11 start of year 12 holidays.
GUYS are you serious!?!? This is our last period of freedom from assessment and study stress and you should be making the most of it, not doing school related stuff, gosh!!
You'll regret not fully lapping up these last precious holidays when year 12 hits you!
Who cares. I've been studying maths every holidays since Year 3 so I know no fun in the holidays. Never once have I gone through a holiday without flipping through a maths textbook, so this is quite normal for me - it being the last holidays before year 12 or not.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
JessicaCaroline said:
No buddy. We get a huge holiday after term 4. Don't tell me you will be full-out by that stage.

I mean, come on guys, this is definitely NOT THE last holiday we get. I mean, I will continue to procrastinate anyway (but the frequency of that will be *massively reduced!*) during the upcoming holidays apart from this one.

I reckon it is better to use this holiday to start some consistent studying.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
jaychouf4n said:
in 3U maths yr 12 finished chapters 1,2,3,6

hehe, i still have a life nevertheless, seen eagle eye twice ><, and going to K on tuesday

yay :D
is that movie good? i might watch it next this week, ive been stuck at home the past week doing nothing except watch tv/computer and a bit of studying i.e finshed reading Romulus, My Father and im about halfway through Frakenstein...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
electrolysis said:
is that movie good? i might watch it next this week, ive been stuck at home the past week doing nothing except watch tv/computer and a bit of studying i.e finshed reading Romulus, My Father and im about halfway through Frakenstein...
Man, everyone is reading that book! (Including myself)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
its a pretty sad book, felt like crying at some stages - you can tell how crap my holidays been so far, reading books and crying at them :mad1:

Dresden.

HSC
JessicaCaroline said:
Agreed lol, thats exactly what i think =]

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Dresden. said:
Agreed lol, thats exactly what i think =]
and this is wat i think
lyounamu said:
No buddy. We get a huge holiday after term 4. Don't tell me you will be full-out by that stage.

I mean, come on guys, this is definitely NOT THE last holiday we get. I mean, I will continue to procrastinate anyway (but the frequency of that will be *massively reduced!*) during the upcoming holidays apart from this one.

I reckon it is better to use this holiday to start some consistent studying.

Dresden.

HSC
I've tried to get my hands on a copy of Romulus My Father but they're all onloan at libraries :mad1:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Who cares. I've been studying maths every holidays since Year 3 so I know no fun in the holidays. Never once have I gone through a holiday without flipping through a maths textbook, so this is quite normal for me - it being the last holidays before year 12 or not.
Wow - that is dedication.
This is the first holidays which I've actually studied... stupid HSC.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Dresden. said:
I've tried to get my hands on a copy of Romulus My Father but they're all onloan at libraries :mad1:
It's a really good book. I'm only up to Chapter 5 but it's been pretty entertaining.
the-derivative said:
Wow - that is dedication.
This is the first holidays which I've actually studied... stupid HSC.
It's just actually Asian parents forcing you do to maths. I swear, my earliest childhood memory is doing subtraction and addition on my whiteboard back at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)