time management study tips for trials (1 Viewer)

howcanibesmarter

HSC
bruh i thought my trials were early why r urs this term
yea nah mate we the first lol
Our english tests everyhting, paper 1 has common mod + short answer, paper 2 has mod abc
4u test has all content, 3u everything except stats
engi everything tested, phys - mod 567 lmao its so doomed

dav53521

HSC
wdym everyone has to memrosie 4k words whether u want to or not
I didn't and I did fine. I just memorized quotes and built my essays around them, which allowed me to better answer questions and also prepare because I didn't have to worry about memorize 4k words and instead could memorize quotes and ideas

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Whats your personal strat for memorising essays? Surely there's more to it than just look cover write check
i find it quite easy if uve written something in ur own style- ur 100% informed of what ur talking about and so it shouldn't be diffcult after just reading it a few times or lisetning back on it as ur brain fills in the blanks

ImagineDragin

HSC
i find it quite easy if uve written something in ur own style- ur 100% informed of what ur talking about and so it shouldn't be diffcult after just reading it a few times or lisetning back on it as ur brain fills in the blanks
yeah but obviously for the every other mod other than C, ur gonna have a lot of quotes and refining from teacher or other people feedback so even if it is your own words it feels slightly unnatural. So how do you deal with that?

howcanibesmarter

HSC
yeah but obviously for the every other mod other than C, ur gonna have a lot of quotes and refining from teacher or other people feedback so even if it is your own words it feels slightly unnatural. So how do you deal with that?
just brute force it aint that deep...theres no better way...its sort of like rote learning

for context i managed to do my ts eliot one in like 2hrs, cus ive memorised it before, same as common mod but that look a little longer at 3hrs.
mod a took the longest since ive never memorised it before, around 5hrs, but still not as fluent as what I would like it be as. Mod c should be the easiest to memorise :)
you would want to go through every day, recite and write at least once in morning, andafternoon

Last edited:

howcanibesmarter

HSC
just brute force it aint that deep...theres no better way...its sort of like rote learning

for context i managed to do my ts eliot one in like 2hrs, cus ive memorised it before, same as common mod but that look a little longer at 3hrs.
mod a took the longest since ive never memorised it before, around 5hrs, but still not as fluent as what I would like it be as. Mod c should be the easiest to memorise :)
you would want to go through every day, recite and write at least once in morning, andafternoon
thats if you memorise word for word, ik some people just remember the important quotes and write on the day. (usually only takes 1hr per essay this way)

I don't want to and never did it like that, so since prelims I've always memorised word for word, and its been working well so I just stuck to it.

dav53521

HSC
well everyone at my school is doing it even the teachers want us to lol, for the acutal hsc i would think you want to have at least 3 essays and 1 creative layout that yk its worth 20/20, and u just adapt ur essay to that on the day
The issue is what happens if a curve ball question is asked and that essay cannot be properly adapted to fit that question so now the essay is useless and there is a potential lack of knowledge/evidence to properly answer that question due to the reliance on pre-prepared essay.

howcanibesmarter

HSC
The issue is what happens if a curve ball question is asked and that essay cannot be properly adapted to fit that question so now the essay is useless and there is a potential lack of knowledge/evidence to properly answer that question due to the reliance on pre-prepared essay.
yea nah that wont happen because all our questions are curveballs lol
paper 1:common mod: almost always a quote with a specific human experience i.e. love, mercy, discovery etc
paper 2: ts eliot, they prescribe poems so you need to memorise paragraphs on all 5 peoms rather than 2 which is required by hsc
mod a: they give you an extract, you have to use a quote from that in ur evaluation and link with the other text, generally a quote that no one used to be fair, and then have a question saying how does the above extract resonate with your understanding of ___
mod c, they give you a quote/extract, you contineue the story with creative/discursive.

this is typically the trend

plus an essay will never be useless... you have to remember quotes for a reason mate. ur essay is legit based around those quotes, i.e. with all the analysis, if ur gonna memrosie ur quotes which u legit have to, then u might as well memroise the analysis instead of writing and think on that on the day lmao, and thats legit the entire essay.

sure u can get away with not memorising that much, but if ur gonna dedicate urself into writing a response, you might as well commit it to memory in case you never know what happens on the day

Last edited:

howcanibesmarter

HSC
ig what i do somewhat agree is ur creative cannot be fully adapted, then it will be useless. but generally speaking your creative should be something that is the most adaptable. or at least thats what i made mine. Its very broad but could be narrowed down to identity, nature, oppression, relationships, etc

different people have different preferences, i just follow what my school wants us to do no hate, you could have somehting you prefer, just not what I do thats all lmao agree to disagree

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)