Tony Abbott new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
An Abbott and a Bishop leading the party.

matthew.mclean

HSC
BBJ its not just Abott's batshit religious views you'll have to put up with, but Abbot has some fairly One Nation type views considering he employed ONe Nation's deputy David Oldfield as his Parliamentary Secretary
Don't forget Abbott was the one who organised a trust to bankroll legal action against the One Nation party in 1998.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
Finally.
I liked Turnbull until he supported the ets.
I liked Hockey until he was going to allow a conscience vote on the ets.
So now I like Abbott because he is making the party vote no.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
P.S. I mean in reference to the individual merits of Turnbull and Abbott as leader. Though I think most people think ETS=fail anyway.
"On the question of an emissions trading scheme, Nielsen had 49 per cent supporting a delay until after Copenhagen and 39 per cent wanting it introduced as soon as possible. Galaxy advanced only the former proposition for a result of 60 per cent. Newspoll found 53 per cent supported Turnbull’s backing of the legislation against 26 per cent opposed, but there was a wide gulf between Labor and Coalition supporters, the latter opposing the move 48 per cent to 35 per cent. Nielsen had overall support for an emissions trading scheme at 66 per cent.

On top of all that, The Weekend Australian reported breakdowns on a question Newspoll posed in September regarding the scheme, which found 63 per cent of metropolitan Coalition voters believing the government’s bill should be passed against 28 per cent, whereas in rural areas the figures were 50 per cent and 41 per cent."

The Poll Bludger

This on top of about 80% of Australians acknowledging that climate change exists and is driven by humans.

Me, personally, I'm a Greens voter. I don't like the ETS because it's a diluted, bureaucratic piece of shit with a target of dick-all of nothing. I suspect it might even encourage polluters. But your assertion that most people don't support the ETS is simply wrong. I suspect a straight carbon tax may be a superior alternative.

HSC
N/A
"on the question of an emissions trading scheme, nielsen had 49 per cent supporting a delay until after copenhagen and 39 per cent wanting it introduced as soon as possible. Galaxy advanced only the former proposition for a result of 60 per cent. Newspoll found 53 per cent supported turnbull’s backing of the legislation against 26 per cent opposed, but there was a wide gulf between labor and coalition supporters, the latter opposing the move 48 per cent to 35 per cent. Nielsen had overall support for an emissions trading scheme at 66 per cent.

On top of all that, the weekend australian reported breakdowns on a question newspoll posed in september regarding the scheme, which found 63 per cent of metropolitan coalition voters believing the government’s bill should be passed against 28 per cent, whereas in rural areas the figures were 50 per cent and 41 per cent."

the poll bludger

this on top of about 80% of australians acknowledging that climate change exists and is driven by humans.

me, personally, i'm a greens voter. i don't like the ets because it's a diluted, bureaucratic piece of shit with a target of dick-all of nothing. I suspect it might even encourage polluters. But your assertion that most people don't support the ets is simply wrong. I suspect a straight carbon tax may be a superior alternative.
lol

Lentern

HSC
More disturbingly, most people appear to support the ETS without understanding what it actually is.
Most people didn't understand the ins and outs of workchoices, GST, the pacific solution, the GST rollback, the RU486 bill and in truth quite a lot of government policy.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Most people didn't understand the ins and outs of workchoices, GST, the pacific solution, the GST rollback, the RU486 bill and in truth quite a lot of government policy.
Valid point.

However, it doesn't in anyway mean that such an approach to government policy should continue. Open scrutiny of the impact of the legislation is fundamental. Rudd generally supports inquiries and reporting committees.

Edit: an election was fought on the GST. There was a plethora of information available at the time. Moreover, the RU486 Bill is hardly comparable in terms of the direct impact of the CPRS on the economic position of industry and households.

Last edited:

atreus

HSC
Its fucked, one member wasn't present during the meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF WTF WTF

tat could have decided it by 43-41 or it could have been 42 - 42!!!!!!!!!!!

They were all present, but Fran Bailey fell asleep after the first round.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Fran Bailey was not present at all due to illness. (She would have likely supported Turnbull)

There was also one informal ballot in the second round.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
This is exciting for my Labor comrades. Kevin Rudd will likely succeed Bob Hawke as the longest reigning Labor Prime Minister because Tony Abbott is electoral sewage.

Go Comrade Kevin. DD it and fast-track these corpses through the crematorium.

ill still vote libs

dumb if you dont really, abbot wont last long, and atleast k rudd is gone
Ironic considering how absolutely moronic and clueless you are, you inbred hick.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
"Abbot asks Bishop to be his deputy, Pell graciously declines"

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
1. naturally live in bradfield therefore the LORD compels you to vote liberal
2. most people think ETS is fail. Ignoring that newspoll released yesterday showing 66% support for it
I live in Bradfield and after this I'm putting the Libs after the fucking 11 CDP candidates

fuck

*FUCK*

(Sex party, LDP and Greens in the first runs of shit according to how I feel on the day)

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
For the first time in his life Abbott has decided not to pull out

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
There's going to be a lot of self-flaggelation about this in the Liberal party

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
This is exciting for my Labor comrades. Kevin Rudd will likely succeed Bob Hawke as the longest reigning Labor Prime Minister because Tony Abbott is electoral sewage.

Go Comrade Kevin. DD it and fast-track these corpses through the crematorium.

Ironic considering how absolutely moronic and clueless you are, you inbred hick.
lol mate dont be pissy because i know more than you ok

lala2

Banned
HSC
I live in Bradfield and after this I'm putting the Libs after the fucking 11 CDP candidates

fuck

*FUCK*

(Sex party, LDP and Greens in the first runs of shit according to how I feel on the day)
Yeah I would've done that too except I put in my postal vote yesterday first thing in the morning :mad1: I would probably even have put one of the million Christian Democrat candidates up there for laughs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)