Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (2 Viewers)

sleepybearx

HSC
As I said, it may not be the best idea if you're struggling. Find a decent maths tutor and try joining when you're more confident. Your experience there will be a lot more fluid and comfortable if you join on a high rather than on a low.
It's a bit too late for truongs isn't it? *sigh* I was hoping by going there it COULD bring up my 'confidence' but I guess I'm going to have to 'build a strong foundation' first before going. Just praying I can get good results in maths (yn)
I'm going to quit my maths tutor after I finish the term. Looking for a new one. Hopefully I can pull myself together. :L
Alright. Thanks for your help!! :)
Still on a quest to find a new tutor...

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
As iSplicer suggested - you need a private tutor: a good(ha ha) and very experienced one like me (but I'm not cheap, am quite full now and you are not in my area). From your post it appears your maths background is still wobbly. So better to get it fixed now: get a really good tutor preferably not just someone who knows his maths but one with the experience to fix your maths (provided it can be done). For you, for now, the well-known coaching centres are not for you - they suit the better students. I have even now a Yr 12 2U student whose maths deficiencies should have been diagnosed a couple of years ago so remedial work could be done. I wish students like him could have their clock wound back 2 years - but we all know that is very hard to do.

Students often think that by hiring someone with an awesome ATAR or attending an top coaching centre they will somehow become good at maths. If it were that easy then the children of the wealthy should have no difficulty doing well in maths. If you don't have the aptitude for maths or are not prepared to put in the hard yard - it won't happen.

Last edited:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
As iSplicer suggested - you need a private tutor: a good(ha ha) and very experienced one like me (but I'm not cheap, am quite full now and you are not in my area). From your post it appears your maths background is still wobbly. So better to get it fixed now: get a really good tutor preferably not just someone who knows his maths but one with the experience to fix your maths (provided it can be done). For you, for now, the well-known coaching centres are not for you - they suit the better students. I have even now a Yr 12 2U student whose maths deficiencies should have been diagnosed a couple of years ago so remedial work could be done. I wish students like him could have his clock wound back 2 years - but we all know that is very hard to do.

Students often think that by hiring someone with an awesome ATAR or attending an top coaching centre they will somehow become good at maths. If it were that easy then the children of the wealthy should have no difficulty doing well in maths. If you don't have the aptitude for maths or are not prepared to put in the hard yard - it won't happen.
+1

zhiying

HSC
You can always call him and give it a shot, just be polite and etc.

If you aren't great at math then I suggest you opt for one of the slower classes, he's focusing on accelerating a lot of the classes and I teach one of them so I can tell you the pace is quite fast.

qwertyuiopi

HSC
is troung great because i want to join but im scared if he is too fast at teaching. also i want to know if the teaching is good over there.

qwertyuiopi

HSC
how do you apply go to the adress and then ask if you can join then sit the entrance exam after that what happens?? is it possible to join the first class

such_such

HSC
If you're in yr10, after the exit exam (which passed I think) it's very unlikely that he'll accept you. Under some circumstances, he could let you in but you'll have to be pretty lucky

Kandahar, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh btw, he was so scary during entrance exam but he's really nice in class (as long as you dont muck around and study properly and do hw) and most importantly a great teacher (a lot better than school). His lessons are pretty cheap at 25 bucks/1 hr 45 min and he's really generous with money. Only thing I dont like about truong is that the classes are way too big

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
In case anyone is wondering, the year 10s have swapped over into the year 11 classes now, so the centre won't be taking anymore senior students.

Otherwise, if you want to apply for the centre, please just go to the address and speak to the receptionist.
They'll take your name and contact details down and notify you about an entrance exam in the next fortnight (if I remember correctly).

juniormaths

HSC
N/A
I'm having truong himself for 4 unit math tutoring. He sorta does go fast (which makes my handwriting get ugly lol) but just pay attention constantly and you will have nothing to fear :)
i've also heard about Mr Mai aka truongs look a-like-brother, im trying out for james ruse and baulkham hills this year, and some of my friends say that mr mai is the best.
His classes are packed with these ruse and baulko kids, thats so scary!

i'll definitely call Mr Mai / Truong to TRY join such a epic class!
LOL ... thats if i make it to ruse or baulko ...

my ruse friends told me to say "sir" to mr mai on the phone and he'll take you - hehe.
they say thats his "weak spot"

Last edited:

jackerino

HSC
i've also heard about Mr Mai aka truongs look a-like-brother, im trying out for james ruse and baulkham hills this year, and some of my friends say that he is the best.
His classes are packed with these ruse and baulko kids, thats so scary!

i'll definitely call Mr Mai / Truong to TRY join such a epic class!
LOL ... thats if i make it to ruse or baulko ...

my ruse friends told me to say "sir" to mr mai on the phone and he'll take you - hehe.
they say thats his "weak spot"
Dude truong is psycho! like anger management psycho! smart guy and all, and good teacher, but fuck he goes crazy sometimes. Especially when there's a white kid! LOL! hardly any white folk at truong.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Dude truong is psycho! like anger management psycho! smart guy and all, and good teacher, but fuck he goes crazy sometimes. Especially when there's a white kid! LOL! hardly any white folk at truong.
You hardly know him at all. He's one of the most considerate, passionate and caring people I've ever met.

juniormaths

HSC
N/A
I couldn't call Mr Mai , so i called Mr Truong, and he then made me call Mr Mai ... ROFL

I finally got through to Mr Mai, and said he'll call me back because he has a few other baulko/ruse kids to call first.

His secretary then called me for an entrance exam, and i was lucky enough to be in mr mai top class!
OMG he is awesomee, i've never learnt so much in my life and he is sooo funny, yet scary, i dont know

but he is so good!!!!! he then told the class about scary story of "big sir", but for some reason the story end up being hilarious !!

at the end mr mai gave me a one-to-one chat, and really motivated me to make it in to ruse and baulko.
I go to sydney girls now, but i've never had so much motivation before to change schools !!!!

i've lost motivation in maths for a while, but its slowly coming back

i really understand all of iSplicer comments now.
ngo and sons =DDDDDDDD

Last edited:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I couldn't call Mr Mai , so i called Mr Truong, and he then made me call Mr Mai ... ROFL

I finally got through to Mr Mai, and said he'll call me back because he has a few other baulko/ruse kids to call first.

His secretary then called me for an entrance exam, and i was lucky enough to be in mr mai top class!
OMG he is awesomee, i've never learnt so much in my life and he is sooo funny, yet scary, i dont know

but he is so good!!!!! he then told the class about scary story of "big sir", but for some reason the story end up being hilarious !!

he gave me a one-to-one chat, and really motivated me to make it in to ruse and baulko.
I go to sydney girls now, but i've never had so much motivation before to change schools !!!!

i've lost motivation in maths for a while, but its slowly coming back

i really understand all of iSplicer comments now.
ngo and sons =DDDDDDDD
Woooo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)