UMAT : Nervous? Excited? Tensed? Suicidal? (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Hah, I'm a little nervous. I've studied for the UMAT since 07 thus if I fail miserably it's not the avenue of entry for me.
TBH I've lost interest in medicine so I'm currently looking at other areas of interest.

That said, if all goes well this year and I'm offered a place, I suppose I'll stick with it but I feel the place would be better suited to someone with a keen interest in the study of medicine.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Anyway I'd make a terrible doctor. I'm a racist, I'm impatient and I don't really like to talk much irl.
Group collabaration is something I fail too, and from what I've heard, there's lots of group work during the course.

jules.09

HSC
So freaking nervous that the word doesn't even do it justice.

What I'm feeling is ineffable.

ASDFGHJKL:"!!!!!!!!!

astroe

HSC
LOL.
This thread reminded me, I forgot UMAT was so close!

5 days man.
SHIT I HAVN'T TOUCHED ANY OF THE PREP. MATERIALS.
ARRRGHHHH.

So complacent of me.

Anyway I'd make a terrible doctor. I'm a racist, I'm impatient and I don't really like to talk much irl.
LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL.
Sounds like me except for the no talking bit, haha.

spandax

HSC
N/A
Just got diagnosed with ADD... Funny thing is that it got discovered because of UMAT. So I am actually quite relieved... although im still getting used to my meds. They must be helping though, because I just did another trial paper and my marks skyrocketed :D

It explains... so so much.

hey mate how did you find out u had add, like what symptoms were you experiencing?? I think i might have the same problem...

dolbinau

HSC
I personally find section 2 pretty awsm ..i hate section 1 cause it requires extensive reading:p

Section 2 is also about reading :p, and can be worse than section 1 if it has long novel excerpts, imo :p.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC

Section 2 is also about reading :p, and can be worse than section 1 if it has long novel excerpts, imo :p.
Yer. And 50%+ of the time section 1 doesn't involve extensive reading. Those little paragraphs that involve logical thinking are awesome.

jules.09

HSC
Yer. And 50%+ of the time section 1 doesn't involve extensive reading. Those little paragraphs that involve logical thinking are awesome.
Those little paragraphs are ok. If it's a scientific excerpt that takes up a page, well, that becomes, not ok. :p

123ash

HSC
Group collabaration is something I fail too, and from what I've heard, there's lots of group work during the course.
think positive, give ur best try.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
im surprisingly relaxed. don't know why. haha

lala2

Banned
HSC
lol suicidal. Good luck to everyone, and don't forget, if you don't make it, there's thousands of people out there who also didn't make it. And there's always GAMSAT :)

freq707

HSC
haha...somehow im not that nervous...
a little nervous, with a little excitement, throw in a bit of fear..and a lack of concentration :)

everyone always says you can only really improve lots in section 3...the only section i havent focused on at all! haha...still getting 22/30 and annoyed about it lol

just remember this guys -
were all on here, discussing and learning and doing prep stuff and...there are thousands of people out there that
-havent done any prep
-only done the acer books and think its guna be that easy
-dont want to do it but have asian parents making them do it
-and the small group that may be slightly retarded and are still having a try

so...stay positive we'll all be sweet :D

lAt3sT-uMaT

HSC
s2 hopefully good, s1 decent if i stay in time, s3 really need to get in time and get the patterns lol.

TruBlu

HSC
Hmm...I haven't even bothered to check my email for UMAT details, let alone feel stressed about it.

However, I snuck a peek just then from hax'd MedEntry material - the questions don't seem too hard, [expect for maybe those "What comes next (random array of lame symbols)?" ones], and from my friends who have done (and passed) the UMAT, its more of a personality test (whether you're emotionally retarded, ie section 2 was it?, whether you possess inductive qualities, etc.) lol. Hence, 11pm the night before prep will do for me. :read:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)