University Open Days (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Share your plans on the upcoming University Open Days. Who's going?

A current list of dates:

ANU: August 31
Canberra: August 31
UND: August 31
USYD: August 31
UNSW@ADFA: August 31
UTS: August 31
UWS: September 1
UNSW: September 7
ACU: September 7
Macquarie: September 14
Southern Cross Coffs: December 2
Southern Cross Lismore December 4

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Might go to either USyd or UNSW

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll chip in and say I went to the three in 2012-UNSW, UMELB and ANU open days (and informally visited USYD the day after the UNSW open day). I thought I was deadset on UMELB which was the one I went to first, but ironically ended up at USYD, the one I didn't go to the official open day for :p

I think it's so important to visit the open days and get a first hand feel. I really encourage having SPECIFIC questions to ask on the open day, think;
*Course requirements and UoS- many HSers get hung up on the name of the course and not the UoS flexibility, or what UoS/subjects you do in it. Some courses are really flexibles, others are more set, so it pays to ask. Many HSers also don't realise doing doubles can trade 'electives' you'd have instead.
*Scholarship questions
*Exchange partnerships and the feasibility of the exchanges with your potential degree
*Accommodation questions, costs, catered and non-catered, consider touring the uni's colleges and accommodation
*Look at the social side of the campus-if you're spending a few years here you'd want to feel cohesive with it :)

I think many wander into open day just straggling around, but going in with Qs makes it a much more informative experience.

P.S I will probably be at a stall at the USYD one on Aug 31st, so come say hi guys :)

D94

HSC
N/A
You should add UNSW's open day is on the 7th of September.

Web Addict

HSC
I'll probably go to a few of them. I hope that these open days can help me make up my mind on what I want to do because I'm so undecided.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank goodness UNSW and Macquarie are on separate days.

Only recently did pretty much all the universities in Sydney have their Open Days on the same day. It was such a hassle to try and make it to each one.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Will be hitting USyd and UNSW on their respective open days.

Most excited about the live music- is this a regular thing at these unis, or usually the lawns are quiet?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Will be hitting USyd and UNSW on their respective open days.

Most excited about the live music- is this a regular thing at these unis, or usually the lawns are quiet?
Live music is pretty common across the unis. You often get other performances as well like comedians, dancers, or circus arts.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll chip in and say I went to the three in 2012-UNSW, UMELB and ANU open days (and informally visited USYD the day after the UNSW open day). I thought I was deadset on UMELB which was the one I went to first, but ironically ended up at USYD, the one I didn't go to the official open day for :p

I think it's so important to visit the open days and get a first hand feel. I really encourage having SPECIFIC questions to ask on the open day, think;
*Course requirements and UoS- many HSers get hung up on the name of the course and not the UoS flexibility, or what UoS/subjects you do in it. Some courses are really flexibles, others are more set, so it pays to ask. Many HSers also don't realise doing doubles can trade 'electives' you'd have instead.
*Scholarship questions
*Exchange partnerships and the feasibility of the exchanges with your potential degree
*Accommodation questions, costs, catered and non-catered, consider touring the uni's colleges and accommodation
*Look at the social side of the campus-if you're spending a few years here you'd want to feel cohesive with it :)

I think many wander into open day just straggling around, but going in with Qs makes it a much more informative experience.

P.S I will probably be at a stall at the USYD one on Aug 31st, so come say hi guys :)
similar story for me. i used open days to decide between usyd and unsw and now i've ended up at UTS and i'm really happy here

HSC
Uni Grad
One of my societies at UNSW is planning to make a presence on that day, and around 20 clubs or so will have a presence at UNSW open day. :)

I hope the weather at UNSW open day is going to be great though. Fingers crossed.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
One of my societies at UNSW is planning to make a presence on that day, and around 20 clubs or so will have a presence at UNSW open day. :)

I hope the weather at UNSW open day is going to be great though. Fingers crossed.
Gotta catch em all!

bedpotato

HSC
USYD right before bio trial.
Will probably go for a couple of hours, which will end up being the whole day. And then UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)