UNSW O-Week (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
My stereotype of atheists was supported today.
An old divorced cranky man who seemed to know it all , and a young sweaty pressurable teen :)

Was cool though.

LOL at the Marxist Left wing dude. THE LADY DIDNT HAVE HER ARMPITS SHAVED ... "shivers"

what-for?

HSC
Dave2007 said:
The introductory lectures and faculty welcome for arts were nothing you couldn't have read online...but I suppose its nice to see it all.
what did the welcome for arts actually involve? being a lazy ass, i didnt go.
and could you provide the link to the webpage that talks about said faculty?

Beege

HSC
what-for? said:
what did the welcome for arts actually involve? being a lazy ass, i didnt go.
and could you provide the link to the webpage that talks about said faculty?
Everything that was discussed today can be found online but there was this funny guy who spoke. I forget his name.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
speed dating was epically disorganised. 5 minutes into it the thing was just a giant mass of people standing around randomly talking to each other in groups.

rest of the events were pretty good. would have been nice if there were a few more stalls with free food/drinks. paintball tickets cost me everything i had on me and the Arc could not provide for my empty stomach and drying mouth.
As for why they didn't have speed dating in the main roundhouse area is completely beyond me. I was trying to play pool with a friend but all the speed dating people kept crowding our table. Blah.

Movie was pretty shit tbh. As was the popcorn. Although it was all free so I really have nothing to complain about.

Unibar prices have gone up. $5 spirits during non-happy hours is starting to see unibar catch up to places in the city (also, beer today was $3.30). Bit sad really. But what is good is it seems you don't have to be an Arc member to get regular happy hour prices as I got 2 beers for $5, and a double vodka for $5 between 5 and 6 (even though I didn't think they had happy hours during o-week. I was wrong).

Oh and, attempting to have a table tennis competition with only 2 tables was definitely going to be a failure so we decided against that very quickly.

xxPanDa

HSC
tell me allllllllllllll about the freebies!

its just not right, goin to oweek without scabing freebies

IceOnFire

HSC
I went on Monday and was a bit dissappointed since I had such a high expectation for it. However it was still fun in ways and all the walking was tiring.

Making new friends is harder than I thought :(

Chris.

HSC
IceOnFire said:
I went on Monday and was a bit dissappointed since I had such a high expectation for it. However it was still fun in ways and all the walking was tiring.

thats because you wont make any unless you go up to sum randoms and start talking. you'll talk to new people in your tutes anyway

IceOnFire

HSC
Chris. said:
thats because you wont make any unless you go up to sum randoms and start talking. you'll talk to new people in your tutes anyway
I did go up to randoms and talk to them... it's just alot of them are non-responsive.

It doesn't matter since it was only the first day. I am still optimistic about the future tho. :)

HSC
it worked for me, i built a base of friends pretty quick when i started going here. but then again i just joined hellsoc :p

Kmara2nv

HSC
ill be there for science orientation day gigity gigity goo

HSC
lol hellsoc isnt some satantic cult its hellenic society, hellenic is just phonetic translation of the word greek

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
IceOnFire said:

Haha don't worry! More than likely even if you did make friends with people during your Yellow Shirt Orientation or Faculty welcome, you'll probably never see them again.

Friend-making is best during your tutorials or labs. Are you a Science based student?

UNSW's running a pilot program this year for 1st years to join a Peer Program, there you'll also develop new friendships, etc.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
STx said:
I think you can get the diary but without the coupons and stuff if you're not an arc member
The only real difference is. If you're a non-member, you can still get the diary etc bla bla bla with coupons. But if you are a member, you get a diary with more coupons.

Depends on your needs really. If you like shopping at UNSW, then by all means grab the membership.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
IceOnFire said:
I did go up to randoms and talk to them... it's just alot of them are non-responsive.

It doesn't matter since it was only the first day. I am still optimistic about the future tho. :)
wannab e my friend? =D
haha;

anwyays;; im going to o-week 2morrow. =]
Wooo. gonna be meeting mitsui there and check out some of the clubs. does anyone knw when that ahndo thing finishse?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
shinji: 9.30-10pm? around there.

where/which stall has the free pens and shit?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Joining societies and actually going to their events is where you'll meet lots of people. It's a much better way to make friends than tutes. There isn't a lot of time to socialize in most tutes, but you do meet people I guess.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Freeeebiessss .... tea, salad rolls and various handouts ....
But damn the boa constrictor long lineup of people after a free BBQ.

IceOnFire said:

If they don't strike up a conversation or at least talk or respond to you they probably aren't interested in friends in the first place.
Made at least a friend or two today.

IceOnFire said:
Lols OK. :)

I am only going to orientation again on thurs tho.
Wow, same as my friend only because of the faculty welcomes whyyyy ...

Jago said:
shinji: 9.30-10pm? around there.

where/which stall has the free pens and shit?
Ombudsman one.

chucknthem said:
Joining societies and actually going to their events is where you'll meet lots of people. It's a much better way to make friends than tutes. There isn't a lot of time to socialize in most tutes, but you do meet people I guess.
Done the joining part.

Last edited:

what-for?

HSC
for those who did not join Arc, where do we pick up our free diaries?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)