• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

uws is shit (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Also, lol sorry about sig, I didn't realise. What screen resolution are you running? It's fine here @ 1600x1200, but I guess yours must be lower?
yeup, 1027x768.

Demandred

HSC
Oh yes, please don't bag something of which you haven't experienced yourself. Though I admit, it does lack some facilities and resources, but most of the time I don't mind because there are a million other things at UWS that makes it great and worthwhile. Some of which you don't know or haven't heard about because you haven't experienced it.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Demandred said:
Hero, your going around trying to hit everyone with a fluffy pillow. And since your new here, please stfu and reconsider your place in the food chain.

The impression you made has made yourself look like a stubborn ass, if you want to stay in this friendly community, quit trying to bash members with your fluffy pillow.
lmao.... fluffy pillow..... rofl
i was gonna comment about him being a newbie too.. but didn't want to upset other newbies who've been good.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
HerO, not how it looks from here. Some of your posts look to be bordering on gibberish, and you've used incorrect words often enough to make the point of some of your posts quite difficult to understand.

An example, though not as bad as some of the others (Though I can't be bothered scrolling back):

"Anywayz, juz 2 reverberate my point, everything I say is followed by facts, these facts are supported by reason, I will never criticise anything without facts or good reasoning"

The word I think you're after is reiterate. On top of that, what you go on to say after saying that you're "reverberating" makes little sense, as I haven't really noticed any concrete facts, nor sound reasoning, in your posts.

Half the time you've been arguing with people who agree with you, but have worded their opinions differently, and all in all it's most confusing to follow. Your posts look needlessly argumentative and seem largely unproductive, like you've just read "Debating 101" and are ready to conquer the world or something.

Also, lol sorry about sig, I didn't realise. What screen resolution are you running? It's fine here @ 1600x1200, but I guess yours must be lower?
Nah man, the word I was looking 4 was in fact "reveberate"...reveberate or reiterate, fecken same thing anywayz so I really don't see ur point there. If u can't be bothered 2 prove that my posts are "gibberish" then u don't have a valid case.

The thing is, some ppl aint agreeing with me, but I have consistently backed up my point with facts, but fools would find facts and good reasoning hard 2 fathom. :cool:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
The thing is, some ppl aint agreeing with me, but I have consistently backed up my point with facts, but fools would find facts and good reasoning hard 2 fathom. :cool:
*looks around for facts* 22 pages of nonsense and there is NOT A SINGLE FACT THAT YOU HAVE POSTED! All you have posted is insults against yourself while trying to critise uws and its students.

L

LaraB

HerO said:
Nah man, the word I was looking 4 was in fact "reveberate"...reveberate or reiterate, fecken same thing anywayz so I really don't see ur point there. If u can't be bothered 2 prove that my posts are "gibberish" then u don't have a valid case.

stop calling everyone who doesnt agree with you fools!

thats a load of bs! just coz someone thinks you are wrong doesnt make them a fool!

and quit talking down at everyone else - its only effective if you are actually above other people, which you arent

HSC
So which definition of reverberate was it that you intended?

To resound in a succession of echoes; reecho.
To have a prolonged or continuing effect: Those talks with his teacher reverberated throughout his life.
To be repeatedly reflected, as sound waves, heat, or light.
To be forced or driven back; recoil or rebound.
Seems like reiterate would be much more appropriate to me, convention would seem to dictate the same seeing as I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "to reverberate what I said earlier!", but what would I know. The definitions also look to be a little different, especially given normal usage. Either way, carry on man, you'll beat the end boss of the Internet in no time.

As for not proving that you're wrong, I don't really have the patience nor spare time to wade through pseudo-Engrish in order to demonstrate that you make no sense, when it's pretty plain that you're not open to reason, especially when everything you've said is flawlessly backed up with "reason AND fact!".

Some people aren't agreeing with you? lol, that's an awesome understatement :)

Also, sig fixed, that's probably a bit nicer on the eyes anyway now. Thanks for pointing that out Annegelic.

HerO

Banned
HSC
LaraB said:
stop calling everyone who doesnt agree with you fools!

thats a load of bs! just coz someone thinks you are wrong doesnt make them a fool!

and quit talking down at everyone else - its only effective if you are actually above other people, which you arent
I have not called every1 a fool, only the ppl who are stubborn and not commit 2 the fact that i have proven that their wrong, those of whom are fools.

Whos 2 say that i'm not above u since I have rpoven u 2 be wrong and thus i'm ahead of u. :cool:

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Also, sig fixed, that's probably a bit nicer on the eyes anyway now. Thanks for pointing that out Annegelic.
lol you didn't really have to change it.... but thanks anyway, and no prob :)

HerO said:
Whos 2 say that i'm not above u since I have rpoven u 2 be wrong and thus i'm ahead of u. :cool:
dig deeper.

L

LaraB

HerO said:
I have not called every1 a fool, only the ppl who are stubborn and not commit 2 the fact that i have proven that their wrong, those of whom are fools.

what the hell is wrong with you?

lets say hypothetically you were correct - even if you were, since when does one single insignificant point in one conversation in life mean you're above everyone else?

geez..good luck with the rest of yor life if that's the case - with an attitude like that you're going to need it

just b ecause people cant be bothered trying to break thru the brick wall tat is youre logic doesnt make them fools or stubborn...if anything you are the most foolish and stubborn but simply assuming that there is no merit in what other people have to say

HerO

Banned
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
So which definition of reverberate was it that you intended?

Seems like reiterate would be much more appropriate to me, convention would seem to dictate the same seeing as I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "to reverberate what I said earlier!", but what would I know. The definitions also look to be a little different, especially given normal usage. Either way, carry on man, you'll beat the end boss of the Internet in no time.

As for not proving that you're wrong, I don't really have the patience nor spare time to wade through pseudo-Engrish in order to demonstrate that you make no sense, when it's pretty plain that you're not open to reason, especially when everything you've said is flawlessly backed up with "reason AND fact!".

Some people aren't agreeing with you? lol, that's an awesome understatement :)

Nah man, either those are ur own definitions or ur dictionary is rather anal, here's a more reliable source:

Collins English Dictionary meaning of "REVERBERATE":

"to resound or re-echo. to reflect or be reflected many time. to rebound or recoil. blah blah blah...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
HerO, you should just stop with your whole "I have proven you to be wrong" because from the looks of it, not much people understand your concept of proven facts..not because they're fools but because you just don't make any sense. There's a big difference between thinking people are all against your ideas and being completely delusional.

HSC
HerO said:
Nah man, either those are ur own definitions or ur dictionary is rather anal, here's a more reliable source:

Collins English Dictionary meaning of "REVERBERATE":

"to resound or re-echo. to reflect or be reflected many time. to rebound or recoil. blah blah blah...
www.dictionary.com chief, and many of the definitions there match Merriam-Webster almost word for word, so I'd say it's reasonably reliable.

Also,

"To resound in a succession of echoes; reecho. "
was one that I listed and you've said:

"to resound or re-echo."

Yeah, I guess your dictionary is way better than mine seeing as they're both pretty much identical, good work chief, again :)

It still sounds like it's a stretch for the context you used it in, but if we pretend that you've lived in a cave all your life and usage conventions in the English language don't apply to you then it's probably passable.

Either way I don't really see how you can argue. What I'm saying is that I'm quite able when it comes to English, and reading the shit you're churning out I find that a lot of it makes little sense to me, and evidently quite a few of the others. What are you going to do, tell me that it does make sense (to me)?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
You have presented no facts, you have presented your "logic" and one which is inherently flawed. You have offered an opinion and your own constructed perceptions and perspectives.

You have not provided ANY facts or evidence per se.

(so to distinguish my response to hero)
So hero, i still ask...Where are the "facts" ?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HerO said:
Do that urself if u want 2 prove me wrong, since i'm innocent until u have proven me guilty, thus it's ur job 2 prove that i'm wrong. Anywayz, juz 2 reverberate my point, everything I say is followed by facts, these facts are supported by reason, I will never criticise anything without facts or good reasoning. :cool:
You are trying to tell us, that UWS is in fact inferior and severely lacking in facilities, AND that as such, facilities = grades.

You have not provided ANY studies, any reputable source, or even the minutest internet site with some applicative matters.

So i await this study upon facilities equalling grades.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
It's not my job 2 prove I have presented the facts, rather u have accused me of providing no facts, so it's ur job 2 prove that i have presented no facts in my reasoning.
In english means - I have no facts - I'm a bs artist and I know nothing. Instead I came into this forum to cause trouble.

HSC
Cape said:
In english means - I have no facts - I'm a bs artist and I know nothing. Instead I came into this forum to cause trouble.
As well as being further clarification of my Debating 101 comment.

Also, HerO, why does AsyLum get such a fast reply when I've been waiting ages for one and you still haven't responded? :(

HerO

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
You are trying to tell us, that UWS is in fact inferior and severely lacking in facilities, AND that as such, facilities = grades.

You have not provided ANY studies, any reputable source, or even the minutest internet site with some applicative matters.

So i await this study upon facilities equalling grades.
Man, u are seriously a retarded fool, find the quote where i actually mentioned UWS is inferior and severely lacking in qualities, and find the quote where I said facilities = grades...In fact I even have mentioned, the lack of facilities won't may/may not affect grades, only that the lack of facilities would make learning harder...b4 I provide any reputable facts rgarding facilties = grades, u find the quote 2 prove I even said that u fool

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
YOu are trying to disprove, and go against the populus reasoning and status quo.

It is YOUR responsibility to attempt to discredit.

The affirmative has the topic, until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)