• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

uws is shit (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
the name of the uni or whatever does not matter man, i mean it does...but as long as u have a diploma with "UNIVERSITY" of something written on it its gud. Its the grades that matter i think, and anyway if you're planning to take ur degree overseas like i am the people are'nt going to look the uni up and compare it with Usyd or whatever, for me uni is uni, you can change it if u dont like it, its up to u to put the effort in and make things happen but if you're satisfied then you're satisfied, it all depends on how much you wanna study and get out of - what your career goal thingy is.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yeah true dumdida... see.. it doesn't matter whether the lecturers/tutors are good or not, the uni facilities, the capacity of classes etc.. if you want to get good marks, you will do what it takes, get the info yourself, work independently.. no matter how shit/good the uni is.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Annegelic said:
yeah true dumdida... see.. it doesn't matter whether the lecturers/tutors are good or not, the uni facilities, the capacity of classes etc.. if you want to get good marks, you will do what it takes, get the info yourself, work independently.. no matter how shit/good the uni is.
Well i do some part-time law work... the only other people with the same sort of deal as me in this company are two 2nd year unsw chicks... but like i doubt that's cuz of uws, but i dun think uws really limits people.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
NTB, nice of u to say something slightly positive of UWS for once. *clap clap* :)

L

LaraB

LazyBoy said:
I cant really say weather the teachers are any better at USYD than UWS, But i dont think ive seen anyone saying that UWS is shit because you pay less. I did say that the person really shouldnt complain about the lack of facilities because thats why they are paying less.

But the lack of facilities just simply means that it is harder for the individual to gain an education. Facilities faciliate learning. Lack of facilities therefore make learning hard. E.g. a lecture hall filled to capacity might mean some people will be on the floor or what ever and theat makes there learning hard. It doesnt make the university shit, it just places more responsibility on the learner to try hard.
sorry but - maybe you should read what i say more carefully before you comment..

you'll notice that i said Usyd people ive heard/seen, and others say that UWS people paying less therefore means we should have expected to attend / do attend a lesser quality uni...

i never said anyone at uws says our uni's shit coz we pay less...
because, i know i cant speak for everyone, but i know personally and friends prefer the fact that it isnt elitest and going to send us into as huge a debt once we're graduates...

yes - you are right when you said "facilities facilitate learning" but that would therefore mean that you're saying facilities can help make the learning process easier... but then you say that "Lack of facilities therefore make learning hard" - i couldnt disagree more..

yes i agree that facilities can aid in the learning process...but not having top of the range/more costly stuff doesnt mean that learning will necessarily be hard...

i experienced this all of high school - we didnt even have a school hall til 4 years into my time at high school and facilities were all either non existent or majorly outdated... but our school continually ranked/s in the top 5 or so in hsc/sc results - so its a perfect example of how although facilities facilitate learning, they don't neccessarily decide the success of an institution - you can succeed in spite of a lack of facilities...

having a lack of facilities doesnt necessaily make it h arder, just means you have to work differently:)

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
LaraB said:
yes - you are right when you said "facilities facilitate learning" but that would therefore mean that you're saying facilities can help make the learning process easier... but then you say that "Lack of facilities therefore make learning hard" - i couldnt disagree more..

yes i agree that facilities can aid in the learning process...but not having top of the range/more costly stuff doesnt mean that learning will necessarily be hard...
U are full of total crap son. First and foremost I would juz like 2 say that u have juz managed 2 contradict urself. If u originally had agreed to the claim that:

"Facilities facilitate learning since the learning process is somewhat affected by the quality of the facilities made available. Then it would follow that facilities DO make the learning process easier."

Then u disagreed with the statement "Lack of facilities therefore make the learning hard."

Son, u either agree or disagree, no muckin around brother, if u agree that facilities facilitate learning, then it would mean that lack of facilities would make the learning process somewhat harder, even if it's not a big difference.

Wholly Shmolly, is it juz me or does UWS students often contradict themselves. :cool:

Last edited:

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
Thanks for ur input, now run along
BTW. Every stupid, offensive post in this thread will get reported
Alrighty then, if that's the way u play, no problemo.

natstar said:
actually better yet, fuck off completly if u have nothing useful to say.
oooh my, aren't u agro.

natstar said:
Lmao...ur an idiot
Boy ohhh boy, that juz destroyed Shuter, man is he hurt by that.

natstar said:
Usyd students have no right saying anything cuz well, they know jack shit don't they
U have juz offended roughly 56.85 million (dead or alive) Usyd students. Geez...

Now Nat, will u plz report urself in 4 all the indescent obscenity dished out on ur behalf, or as usual contradict urself by ignoring ur previous posts and seemingly suggests that wateva good u say will stay and wateva rubbish u dish out shall be ignored. :cool:

Jonathan A

HSC
HerO said:
U are full of total crap son. First and foremost I would juz like 2 say that u have juz managed 2 contradict urself. If u originally had agreed to the claim that:
"Facilities facilitate learning since the learning process is somewhat affected by the quality of the facilities made available. Then it would follow that facilities DO make the learning process easier."

Allow me to clarify that Lara has sought a balance. Either way, being a law student, Lara is encouraged to learn through self-directed means, like my peers and I are encouraged to do. SO facilitieis will only be good in the discussion of that learning.

Wholly Shmolly, is it juz me or does UWS students often contradict themselves. :cool:

It's you

Jonathan A

HSC
HerO said:
Alrighty then, if that's the way u play, no problemo.

oooh my, aren't u agro.

Boy ohhh boy, that juz destroyed Shuter, man is he hurt by that.

U have juz offended roughly 56.85 million (dead or alive) Usyd students. Geez...

Now Nat, will u plz report urself in 4 all the indescent obscenity dished out on ur behalf, or as usual contradict urself by ignoring ur previous posts and seemingly suggests that wateva good u say will stay and wateva rubbish u dish out shall be ignored. :cool:
Don't you go to Macquarie or something?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HerO said:

Then u disagreed with the statement "Lack of facilities therefore make the learning hard."

Son, u either agree or disagree, no muckin around brother, if u agree that facilities facilitate learning, then it would mean that lack of facilities would make the learning process somewhat harder, even if it's not a big difference.

Learn to spell its not that hard to say "just" "or "you"

Lack of facilities may make it more difficult, it doesnt make it impossible.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
Don't you go to Macquarie or something?
I certainly hope he doesnt. I mean we dont have much better compared to you guys, we may be better established, but we're plagued with the same stigma, which is unfairly placed.

Who cares what the kiddies have to say anyway.

L

LaraB

HerO said:

ok...obviously you dont understand what the word "facilitate" means - facilitate simply means it aids in something, therefore i DID NOT contradict myself - aiding in something is different to removing an element of difficulty

i said that facilities facilitate in learning ie make it easier, but without it it isnt necessarily hard - just perhaps not as easy - ie it can make it easier but it isnt a conlucsive fact that a lack of means it would be difficult

and before you bitch back, anyone with a decent grasp on grammer would agree that that makes sense as there is a clear difference in inference between the terms "difficult/hard" and "not as easy" - ie one is a comparative term, one is a straight fact

perhaps before you criticise next time, try not taking out select phrases and instead refer all of what i said rather then taking select phrases and criticising them out of context

so dont have a go at me for contradicting myself because i didnt...

improve ur own english skills before you are so quick to criticise other people

and another thing - dont ever again call me "son" or "brother" - i am a girl you damn moron, and even if i was a guy, calling me "son" or "brother" in this context is demeaning, insulting and just plain stupid given that you are in fact wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LaraB

AsyLum said:
Learn to spell its not that hard to say "just" "or "you"

Lack of facilities may make it more difficult, it doesnt make it impossible.
nice to see someone who'll read a full post rather than picking and choosing phrases and then going nuts about how wrong it is:p

L

LaraB

HerO said:

ps - from the way you talk, you dont sound like a uws student so if we're all just morons who contradict ourselves, leave the forum... its as simple as that... its not like we will miss your "criticisms"

this a UWS part of the forum intended quite obviously for UWS people, not other people who are totally ignorant as to what uws is about to vent ignorant rants..

but, if you are a uws student, as i dont know if you are or not, you realy need to work on ur attitude towards the uni because i dont see too many people being to friendsly with you if this how you react to your fellow students....

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
shane86 said:
uws is a shit uni my lecturers are constantly reminding us how the uni is in a financial crisis. my biology tutorial has over 400 ppl in it. my anatomy pracs have been slashed from 11 to 9 to now 7. which means The Unit objectives now cannot be met which means i cant undertake anatomy units later in my degree and · It may not fulfil credit transfer requirements if i want to move to another university. my biology practicals have also been slashed in half to once a fortnight
:eek: Bugger!:eek:

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
ffs, i meant that USYD students dont know jack shit about UWS.
Nat, should I be surprised or is it juz so typical of u. Yet again u have ignored everything u have said and therefore juz proves u ARE the CONTRADICTION QUEEN.

But ok fine, if u wanna only refer back to the statement "USYD STUDENT'S KNOW JACK SHIT", then u never in any sort of way refered 2 it as "USYD STUDENTS KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT UWS" rather u made a generalisation that "USYD STUDENTS KNOW JACK SHIT"

Therefore ur saying Usyd students know ABSOLUTELY JACK SHIT about anything and everything rather than the more polite way by saying, Usyd students know JACK SHIT about UWS :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)