• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

uws is shit (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Learn to spell its not that hard to say "just" "or "you"

Lack of facilities may make it more difficult, it doesnt make it impossible.
First of all, I do know how 2 spell, if ur so critical about the lingo, then an internet forum aint the place 4 u since u have juz offended pretty much every1 who ever used this forum.

Secondly, no1 said lack of facilities make learning IMOSSIBLE, rather, lack of facilities MIGHT make learning slightly harder. Man read b4 u write geez :cool:

HerO

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
I certainly hope he doesnt. I mean we dont have much better compared to you guys, we may be better established, but we're plagued with the same stigma, which is unfairly placed.

Who cares what the kiddies have to say anyway.
If ur critical about ur own Uni man, then why are u there? U can always leave whenevr u want, no1 is stopping u from buying a 1 way ticket to UWS. :cool:

HSC
HerO said:
If ur critical about ur own Uni man, then why are u there? U can always leave whenevr u want, no1 is stopping u from buying a 1 way ticket to UWS. :cool:
I think everyone should be critical of their own Unis, seeing as no Uni is perfect. If we acted like nothing was wrong, just because it was the uni we happened to attend, well, we'd all be natstar. :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
It's amazing how when the university fucks you without lubrication in your outhole, you just get told to "grit your teeth and bear it." The uni is cutting costs, fine, then they should be cutting places. I don't think it's up to students to leave because the university has fucked up. People who make that decision are obviously blinded by their love for the place, and so have become elitist.

Blaming the government is also foolish, as other universities have had funding cut, some of these universities are multi-campus, and still tend to function normally. CSU hasn't upped prices as far as I know, and Wollongong definately hasn't upped prices.

That being said, natstar and cape, I do believe you misunderstand. You said you'd rather see courses cut than pay more. I hope you realise, being pre-2005 students, your fees will remain constant until 2008.

People questioning another's choice in university are scum. This includes people from UWS who constantly say USyd is shit, or they know jack shit. A person's choice to go to a certain university is their choice, people who question or criticise it need to get a reality check.

Also, I'll keep out of the grammar argument. I was owned on IRC and don't want to be reminded. :(

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
I think everyone should be critical of their own Unis, seeing as no Uni is perfect. If we acted like nothing was wrong, just because it was the uni we happened to attend, well, we'd all be natstar. :)
We all know my uni isn't perfect. :>

HerO

Banned
HSC
LaraB said:
i said that facilities facilitate in learning ie make it easier, but without it it isnt necessarily hard - just perhaps not as easy - ie it can make it easier but it isnt a conlucsive fact that a lack of means it would be difficult
Nope u HAVE contradicted urself, here's why:

If u agree the claim that "facilities facilitate learning" that meaning, make learning easier then it would certainly follow that "lack of facilities make learning harder" here's an example why it is so:

Say 4 example, UWS is in bankruptcy and thus is unable to provide students the use of computers and printers.
A student of UWS, who does not have access 2 computers and printers at home needs the use of these basic tools 2 access lecture notes and also printers so he/she could print them out b4 lectures.

Depriving this student of these basic tools from being readily accessed at Uni would mean that the student may need 2 use up more than the required time 2 print these lecture notes out in a library, internet cafe, friend's place etc...Thus the student is deprived of more study time by not being able to view and print lecture notes at uni and indeed wastes those critical extra hours from going elsewhere to access those lecture notes

So therefore this student's learning capacity is made HARDER, whether it's made harder by alot or not by much that is not the point, the point being the the fact that the lack of facilities deprived the student countless hours of study time could of been avoided if the Uni had better facilities and thus the student's time could be put 2 better use. :cool:

Damn, sometimes i wonder why people need 2 be spoon fed 2 understand simple facts. :cool:

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HerO said:
First of all, I do know how 2 spell, if ur so critical about the lingo, then an internet forum aint the place 4 u since u have juz offended pretty much every1 who ever used this forum.

Secondly, no1 said lack of facilities make learning IMOSSIBLE, rather, lack of facilities MIGHT make learning slightly harder. Man read b4 u write geez :cool:
Umm, thats what i said....
AsyLum said:
Lack of facilities may make it more difficult, it doesnt make it impossible.
I was terming that on the general, rather than as a direct response to you.

And like i said, its not THAT FUCKING DIFFICULT to add a "just" or "to" in your messages. Being on an internet forum, means you have time to type out your responses, its not real time, so why the fuck cant you do that?

HerO said:
Critical of my own uni? Where did i say that "OH MAN MY UNI BLOWS ASS, I MEAN ITS SO SHIT"

AsyLum said:
I certainly hope he doesnt. I mean we dont have much better compared to you guys, we may be better established, but we're plagued with the same stigma, which is unfairly placed.

Who cares what the kiddies have to say anyway.
I was referring to the 'stigma' of being a "shitty" uni. YOU can learn how to read, and perhaps understand what the hell half the words mean, kthxbai, lah

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HerO said:
Nope u HAVE contradicted urself, here's why:

If u agree the claim that "facilities facilitate learning" that meaning, make learning easier then it would certainly follow that "lack of facilities make learning harder" here's an example why it is so:

Say 4 example, UWS is in bankruptcy and thus is unable to provide students the use of computers and printers.
A student of UWS, who does not have access 2 computers and printers at home needs the use of these basic tools 2 access lecture notes and also printers so he/she could print them out b4 lectures.

Depriving this student of these basic tools from being readily accessed at Uni would mean that the student may need 2 use up more than the required time 2 print these lecture notes out in a library, internet cafe, friend's place etc...Thus the student is deprived of more study time by not being able to view and print lecture notes at uni and indeed wastes those critical extra hours from going elsewhere to access those lecture notes

So therefore this student's learning capacity is made HARDER, whether it's made harder by alot or not by much that is not the point, the point being the the fact that the lack of facilities deprived the student countless hours of study time could of been avoided if the Uni had better facilities and thus the student's time could be put 2 better use. :cool:

Damn, sometimes i wonder why people need 2 be spoon fed 2 understand simple facts. :cool:
Should i lecture you on the subjectivity and apparent paradox within your definition of "hard." If something is made harder, or as LaraB put it, not inherently "hard" but rather more difficult or "not as easy"

Is death inherently bad because it takes life away?

No one is arguing that better resources can facilitate learning to an easier degree, but at the same time, thats not to say that not having the same gym as Usyd, or having the lecture halls of unsw, or anything like that is going to make people inherently bad, or give them a "hard time."

HerO

Banned
HSC
LaraB said:
nice to see someone who'll read a full post rather than picking and choosing phrases and then going nuts about how wrong it is:p
I have read the posts, but 2 save every1's time I choose the important bits and if those bits seem irrational, I would indeed correct them. But my rationale is fact ridden and facts will not lie and I indeed will present wateva facts that is needed 2 prove I am right. Watch and learn, son. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Facts, oh so you have facts saying that not having certain equipment will be detrimental, nay harmful to one's learning.

Im interested.

S

Shuter

AsyLum said:
Facts, oh so you have facts saying that not having certain equipment will be detrimental, nay harmful to one's learning.

Im interested.
Because of course having lots of additional facilities and equipment is going to be detrimental or have no benfit to learning :rolleyes:

HerO

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
Should i lecture you on the subjectivity and apparent paradox within your definition of "hard." If something is made harder, or as LaraB put it, not inherently "hard" but rather more difficult or "not as easy"

Is death inherently bad because it takes life away?

No one is arguing that better resources can facilitate learning to an easier degree, but at the same time, thats not to say that not having the same gym as Usyd, or having the lecture halls of unsw, or anything like that is going to make people inherently bad, or give them a "hard time."
No, feck the lecture, u know JACK SHIT (hey NAT :rolleyes: )

If ur gonna choose a example 2 mount ur case then choose something related, fecken fool, has death got anything 2 do with "facilities facilitating learning"?

Welp, if every1 agrees that "facilities facilitate learning", however, not every1 who agreed 2 that point would commit 2 the fact that "lack of facilities make learning harder" then well...feck, people are juz so retarded i juz can't be bothered explaining but feck I will juz 2 prove that i'm right...

The idea: "facilities facilitate learning, therefore make learning easier" is wildly agreed by all...yipppeeee!!!

The idea: "the lack of facilities make learning harder" is however still in the air, dun dun...

Welp, ppl if u fecken agree 2 the idea that "facilities facilitate learning".

IT WOULD HAVE 2 FOLLOW THAT THE LACK OF THOSE FACILITIES WOULD MAKE LEARNING HARDER!...
- even if it doesn't reflect on ur grades, IT STILL MADE THE LEARNING HARDER!...
- even if learning is not made harder by alot thru the lack of facilities, IT STILL MAKES LEARNING HARDER!...
- even if ur a super smart asswipe who doesn't require any facilities, IT STILL MADE LEARNING HARDER than it would have if the facilities were made available

So yeah, again, if u agree that "facilities make learning easier", u CANNOT reasonably argue that "lack of facilities" doesn't make learning harder, since u already agreed that "facilities make learning easier", it would follow that lack of facilties would be harder even if it's not a significant difference, the mere fact that u agreed 2 the claim "facilities makes learning easier" then that would instataneously mean that lack of those facilties would make learning harder :cool:

Last edited:
HSC
HerO said:
So yeah, again, if u agree that "facilities make learning harder", u CANNOT reasonably argue that "lack of facilities" doesn't make learning harder, since u already agreed that "facilities make learning easier", it would follow that lack of facilties would be harder even if it's not a significant difference, the mere fact that u agreed 2 the claim "facilities makes learning easier" then that would instataneously mean that lack of those facilties would make learning harder :cool:
swap "harder" for "easier" ?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Because of course having lots of additional facilities and equipment is going to be detrimental or have no benfit to learning :rolleyes:
Oh of course, my mistake, i mean, $$$ means the richest school in the state MUST be the best right? I mean, the rich must be the intellectual elite.

Idiot.

S

Shuter

AsyLum said:
Oh of course, my mistake, i mean, $$$ means the richest school in the state MUST be the best right? I mean, the rich must be the intellectual elite.

Idiot.
So having access to more facilities now instantly must mean you're a rich moronic snob? Jeez sounds like you've got a chip on your should for not making it into UNSW or something.

HSC
I got the impression that all he was saying was that the lack of facilities doesn't necessarily equate to a guaranteed worse learning environment, with worse results, and that there are factors aside from that which come into play.

S

Shuter

ogmzergrush said:
I got the impression that all he was saying was that the lack of facilities doesn't necessarily equate to a guaranteed worse learning environment, with worse results, and that there are factors aside from that which come into play.
Yes, but with all these being equal, clearly additional facilities will help you learn better and easier.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HerO said:
The idea: "facilities facilitate learning, therefore make learning easier" is wildly agreed by all...yipppeeee!!!
facilities facilitate learning Welcome to a truism.
HerO said:
The idea: "the lack of facilities make learning harder" is however still in the air, dun dun...

Welp, ppl if u fecken agree 2 the idea that "facilities facilitate learning".

IT WOULD HAVE 2 FOLLOW THAT THE LACK OF THOSE FACILITIES WOULD MAKE LEARNING HARDER!...
- even if it doesn't reflect on ur grades, IT STILL MADE THE LEARNING HARDER!...
- even if learning is not made harder by alot thru the lack of facilities, IT STILL MAKES LEARNING HARDER!...
- even if ur a super smart asswipe who doesn't require any facilities, IT STILL MADE LEARNING HARDER than it would have if the facilities were made available

So yeah, again, if u agree that "facilities make learning harder", u CANNOT reasonably argue that "lack of facilities" doesn't make learning harder, since u already agreed that "facilities make learning easier", it would follow that lack of facilties would be harder even if it's not a significant difference, the mere fact that u agreed 2 the claim "facilities makes learning easier" then that would instataneously mean that lack of those facilties would make learning harder :cool:
You are speaking in potentiality and not in actuality. Potentially, in a utopian world, we can expect the majority of people who had access to such resources to use them to the best of their capabilities.

"u CANNOT reasonably argue that "lack of facilities" doesn't make learning harder"
So as my example, death is bad, because it causes death, and therefore life is good because it is not death? That is the relevance of my example. Like i stated before, if you were serious about your study, then having different access to resources is inherently NOT harmful or "bad." Why? Because we dont measure final exams through an intervarsity scaling or marking system. We are not measured against USYD or UNSW or UTS or any other uni students. You are tested as a student of UWS, and OTHER students of UWS, therefore bringing "better" resources into it as a signal of a shit uni is useless, as it defines the subjective "better" upon an "other" the concept that identity is gained through the opposive force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)