VB one day series [ind, aus, zim] (1 Viewer)

Who'll win?

• INDIA

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • AUSTRALIA

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • ZIMBABWE

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • *vote here if you couldnt give a toss, and are only voting for the sake of voting*

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Rahul

Dead Member
lol @ mojoman. although, scheah86 is probably an indian fan or anti-aussie fan. in which case i agree with him. :p

very close today for the zimbabweans...they should TOTALLY reverse their batting order.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they should get ervine and streak to open the batting. how good was dougie hondo's catch today to get gangers out. what a blinder!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well the batting skills of zimbabweans 1-9 are all about the same, its just that the top order ppl has higher pressure and more reputation(read self inflated), cept for heat streak who is prolly their best batsman/bowler/fieldsman desptie only getting 3 or something runs today

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
if the zimbwabeans had of kept the majority of the team they had in the early 2000's (neil johnson,andy flower,murry goodwin,henry olonga) they would probaly be a little more competitive.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by copious
if the zimbwabeans had of kept the majority of the team they had in the early 2000's (neil johnson,andy flower,murry goodwin,henry olonga) they would probaly be a little more competitive.
yeah, what happened to those lot- especially andy flower?

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
haha rahul dravid got fined for ball tampering against zimbabwe last night! fuckin idiot

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Dravid fined for ball-tampering

Wisden Cricinfo staff

January 20, 2004

Rahul Dravid has been fined 50% of his match fee, after being found guilty of ball-tampering during India's 24-run victory over Zimbabwe at Brisbane.

Dravid was caught by the TV cameras rubbing a cough lozenge on the shiny side of the white ball and is believed to have been reported to Clive Lloyd, the match referee, by the third umpire Peter Parker. He was subsequently charged under clause 2.10 of the ICC's code of conduct.

Dravid had earlier top-scored with 84 in India's total of 255 for 6. His case echoes that of Sachin Tendulkar at Port Elizabeth in 2001-02, who was handed a 75% fine and a one-match suspended sentence by Mike Denness for a similar offence.

It was one of a host of decisions - including the banning of Virender Sehwag for excessive appealing - that so enraged the Indian Cricket Board that they demanded his removal as referee for the subsequent match at Centurion, which was deemed unofficial by the ICC.

Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, what happened to those lot- especially andy flower?
they aernt playing due to politcal issues.

Originally posted by freaking_out
is that ganguly's nickname?
haha yeah thats what me and my mates call him.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
mugabe would have his head on a stick..... he only played the rest of the world cup after that 1st game cuz rest of the team would boycott making mugabe look like more of a fool if he forced the issue....

besides he's injured playing for sth aus isnt he....

goodwin would help their batting alot though... too bad hes a greedy bastard :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
damn what a match that was, it had it all. lee hitting the winning runs with that cracking 6, awesome match!. anyway keep in mind there was no sehwag,tendy, kumble, hayden etc..should be a cracker of a finals series.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by copious
damn what a match that was, it had it all. lee hitting the winning runs with that cracking 6, awesome match!. anyway keep in mind there was no sehwag,tendy, kumble, hayden etc..should be a cracker of a finals series.
yeah, at first australia seemed to b winning for all money, and then the rough patch, and then a good fight back to reach home-even though there were lot of interruptions! good match! :)

Rahul

Dead Member
what a match!

either of the teams would have thought they were home at numerous occasions...

good knock from yuvraj, disappointed in laxman a bit...he batted a bit slow.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah a bit slow, but thats just the way he is. dravid use to be a bit like that but he's scoring at a run a ball these days.

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh... and also i dont like the way laxman handles the last 10 overs. he seems to be unable to get the bowling away.

i liked the way dravid was going today...very much in the frame of mind to dominate. maybe that allegation has increased his intensity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)