Video-ians (1 Viewer)

demonomaniac

HSC
fillmings' a bitch

lol thats exactly wots happening to me,mine looks okay but I hav a feeling I myt hav to film a lil more too..just to make up the time! do we really hav 3-4 weex left?? its due during trials ryt?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
demonomaniac said:
lol thats exactly wots happening to me,mine looks okay but I hav a feeling I myt hav to film a lil more too..just to make up the time! do we really hav 3-4 weex left?? its due during trials ryt?
everyones trials are at different times so i dunno about you.. its due the first day back after we finish our trials.. fuck thats so stupid

publiccrazy

HSC
i've finished an initial attempt at my film. all the editing and shit. started last sunday night, finished 7am tuesday after staying up all monday night. i've changed a few things since then and will probably keep tweaking, but it's something i can show my teacher.

the aust film tv radio school is in north ryde (sorry, i don't know where epping road is) and it has some sort of connection to macquarie uni.

you guys must have had very definite ideas about exactly what you wanted in each scene and been very careful with your schooting if you need more time. i've already decided that i'm going to have to make a directors cut so that i can fit everything in. i've got mine running for 7 minutes 59 seconds.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
publiccrazy said:
i've finished an initial attempt at my film. all the editing and shit. started last sunday night, finished 7am tuesday after staying up all monday night. i've changed a few things since then and will probably keep tweaking, but it's something i can show my teacher.

the aust film tv radio school is in north ryde (sorry, i don't know where epping road is) and it has some sort of connection to macquarie uni.

you guys must have had very definite ideas about exactly what you wanted in each scene and been very careful with your schooting if you need more time. i've already decided that i'm going to have to make a directors cut so that i can fit everything in. i've got mine running for 7 minutes 59 seconds.
You sound so organized when it comes to your film .... I am still trying to get some more scenes filmed .... I have edit 1/2 and am about to finish filming ... STRESS ..... ARGGH

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive edited about ooo 20 seconds of mine? my editing program isnt on my computer cause it i didnt have enough memory on my computer to store the movie so i have to rely on my boyfriend and when he is free for when i can edit mine. It doesnt take long to edit once you know what you're doing really.. You just need to know what you want, what music you're gonna use, make sure the audio matches up and yeah.. well maybe im making it sound easier than it is.

its ok VonDavis :) we're here if you need to have a vent :)

publiccrazy

HSC
AAAAAAAAARGH!! last night i spent four hours cutting my film down, because i hadn't looked at the requirements for ages and thought i had 6-8 minutes. remember guys, cut off is SEVEN minutes.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I am having the same issue ... My teacher told me that if we go over the 7minutes our films will be extrememly penalised .... Stress. I have done over 20 minutes of filming (too much I know) and alot them are great shots. But after canceling out alot of the shots I have been left with still too much footage but if I take too much out my film won't make sense ....
When is everyone's showcase day? Mine is on the 16th so my film must be finished by then and on the 10th it has to be almost complete i.e. all scenes in place maybe no text or sound

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
7?! I coulda sworn it was 8! So its 5-7 minutes? or 6-7 minutes?

My showcase day is the 4th of August.. i need to getcracking big time

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its ok im gonna edit today cause its our day off i hope.. i hate not having the editing program on my computer its so hard to find time where i can use the computer its on. MY computer didnt have enough memory space for the film to fit it was freakin shit. I've been trying to find a way of making my voiceovers a little bit different but nothing has struck me yet. gah

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
what program are you using .... I know you have posted it on here before but I can't find it

publiccrazy

HSC
my showcase is 1st of august, but i've basically done mine, i'm getting some feedback from my teacher already, because the 1st is also my trial.

you think 20 minutes of footage is too much? i didn't plan mine enough beforehand, i have FORTY minutes of footage. that was tough to choose what to use.

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
what program are you using .... I know you have posted it on here before but I can't find it
adobe premiere 1.5 or something

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im not in sydney :) im like 3 hours away from it.. haha

hows ur film going? ive been having camera and tape problems. does anyone know what to do if big thick lines come up across the screen (both computer and camera) like as if the screen has frozen on the camera and the rest is going on in the background? im not sure if that makes sense but anyway

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
_muse_ said:
im not in sydney :) im like 3 hours away from it.. haha

hows ur film going? ive been having camera and tape problems. does anyone know what to do if big thick lines come up across the screen (both computer and camera) like as if the screen has frozen on the camera and the rest is going on in the background? im not sure if that makes sense but anyway
Is it a part of your footage? Like while you were filming it was happening? Because if that is the issue you will have to reshoot the scene but other wise if it is the computer just uploasd the footage again ...

I will have finished all of my editting on Sunday (Hopefully). It has been so fun filming all of this.

I watched my footage just before I logged on and I have noticed so many mistakes like my male actor sits in one shot and stands in another and my female actor is wearing two different outfits and it is supposed to be the same day and my female actor and male actor use the same set of keys to open two different doors it is quite funny ... I'm going to have to mess around with all that in editing so I don not confuse the audience.

I am almost finished ... YAY...

Last edited:

publiccrazy

HSC
i've finished mine. i think. two days to the trials. performance night, all that stuff. bleugh.

i'm at galston high.

erm....yeah. i'm lucky i don't have any continuity issues. i think. mostly because my main character wears exactly the same thing the whole time. always wearing his sunnies, almost always has a cigarette unless he's just put one out. that made it fairly easy.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I am finished I just have to work out a title for my work .... I am struggling so hard on finding a good name

publiccrazy

HSC
does your film have a theme? or whats the main event that happens? or just something completely unrelated like: "MARSHMALLOWS: THE CONSPIRACY"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)