View on Drugs (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I don't look down on people who do drugs and know what they're doing and why they're doing it. As for people who do it because others are doing it, because it's cool, or because they have emotional issues... well they need help and need to get off whatever they're on as soon as they can.
+1 to this

If you know enough about the effects of the drug you are taking, if you take it in a safe manner that does the least harm to your health and if you do it for your own reasons, that is perfectly fine. If you have nfi what you are doing or how to take it safely and you do it just to "look cool" or as some sort of remedy for psychological issues, you need to approach your problems in a more productive way by getting professional help

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Who are you quoting here, I have met a lot of people who smoke in my life, some really regularly, but can't recall even one person suggesting that everyone needs to do it. As a matter of fact they tend to be more open-minded and less judgemental about other people's lifestyle choices than the average person.

Of course, and it never will. How much information do we ever have that is perfect though? All decisions are partially informed. The same could be said about panadol/caffeine/nicotine etc.

Yes it has, and what is wrong with that in itself? If someone decides to start going to the gym that is also a lifestyle change. If caffeine gives a bit of a kick to your alertness what is wrong with it?
When I met some German backpackers, they had just come back from Nimbin. Now that place is apparently pretty chill, but they said they felt a few people (not a whole bunch) were really serious about weed. That, and you always have the odd teenage guy who thinks he's sick as just because he smokes weed. Guess I typed it out wrong, I don't hate the weed culture. I hate it when people take the weed culture too far.

Panadol is an absolutely terrible drug.

There's a difference in voluntarily changing your lifestyle as opposed to involuntarily. Nothing wrong with caffeine giving you a kick. But what happens when a person is compelled to drink it every morning just to feel 'normal'?

seanieg89

HSC
When I met some German backpackers, they had just come back from Nimbin. Now that place is apparently pretty chill, but they said they felt a few people (not a whole bunch) were really serious about weed. That, and you always have the odd teenage guy who thinks he's sick as just because he smokes weed. Guess I typed it out wrong, I don't hate the weed culture. I hate it when people take the weed culture too far.

Panadol is an absolutely terrible drug.

There's a difference in voluntarily changing your lifestyle as opposed to involuntarily. Nothing wrong with caffeine giving you a kick. But what happens when a person is compelled to drink it every morning just to feel 'normal'?
Okay sure, I agree with you there. It's just not that common in that extreme I feel.

Care to elaborate?

Well if that "normal" is more alert than their previous "normal" I see nothing wrong with it. Perhaps I am slightly biased here because I like many people in academia run off coffee and tea. In any case, it is hardly involuntary if they made the decision to start drinking coffee.

mike1994

HSC
Drugs such as weed and MDMA are good in MODERATION. Don't go over board like my mates did and turn into brain dead zombies.

williamdaft

HSC
need to start on cocaine to advance my commerce career..

*cough* wolf of wall street *cough*

TafeHereICome

HSC
Tip to people who are going to take caps or pills.

Take the cap first, once you peak dunk the pill. Total Euphoria.

bangladesh

HSC
Still has tobacco though and also you do it for longer than a standard cigarette. I had this perception and got told by many that the water filtered out all the tobacco, which it didn't.
das true. On this same topic, it's been proven that smoking weed (given that it's not long term and by long term i mean more than a year) is actually better than smoking cigarettes by far.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
das true. On this same topic, it's been proven that smoking weed (given that it's not long term and by long term i mean more than a year) is actually better than smoking cigarettes by far.
source pl0x

my incredible opinion: Alcohol is da worse, drugs are ight as long as you dont go overboard

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Drugs are bad. So are all the people that need to take pain killers taking bad things?

(Sarcastic tone)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)