wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I did SS when I first started - squat and deadlift went up so quick, it was awesome.

dis is tha end result

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I was trying to improve my deadlift form. I didn't read any guides or anything, just guessing. I thought it would be a good idea to pull my shoulder blades back, keep the upper back tight.

This detaches the posterior deltoid from the scapula.
dear god

q3thefish

HSC
and so the pre-summer cut begins

lookin forward to being light as a feather

vjykmr89

Banned
HSC
Each routine depends on a lot of variables, such as age, experience, weight, what your looking for....everything. If you want to get tone you need to lose weight, not so much change a exercise routine. Try eating about 500 calories less a day than what your daily recommended caloric intake is. You can find that by going to google and typing in something like daily caloric intake per weight. Also try doing some light cardio 4-5 times a week, for about 30-45 minutes.

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
Digggg this.

Joined virgin active health club - shameless plug here... it is incredible.
A few dollars extra (compared to other fitness first etc in the city) ... around the corner from work @ $28 p/wk .

The place has sauna, spa, pool, fuckloads of rooms, hot yoga, meditation, MMA, capoeira, rock climbing walls, resistance hanging off roof equipment, stuff I don't even know what the fuck it is yet. It feels like a 5 star resort. It has nap pods so i can just sleep there at lunch time. It's a permanent holiday destination, plenty free weights too. Newest everything equipment - and a cafe where YOU CAN BUY HEALTHY FOOD THAT DOESN'T SKIMP ON MEAT AND PROTEIN.

Also I now have a little burger maker in front of my computer.
Can make a kangaroo burger in 5 minutes. Has separate facilities for meat and toast.
Fuck,
Everything is lego, and coming together accordingly.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I'm thinking of going to a new gym than the one I'm currently at. It only has 2 1.25kg plates. In the entire gym. I've seen them once and the rest of the time, they've disappeared (spent 15 minutes searching for them). Also all of the meatheads that work out there rarely put their weights back on racks. Fucking plates all over the shop. Also they have literally no areas designated for lifting things dead from the ground, so I have to move shit around in order to do deadlifts or pendlay rows because I refuse to not do them for full ROM.

However, the staff are good and the rest of the stuff is pretty great especially since it's 24 hours most weekdays.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking of going to a new gym than the one I'm currently at. It only has 2 1.25kg plates. In the entire gym. I've seen them once and the rest of the time, they've disappeared (spent 15 minutes searching for them). Also all of the meatheads that work out there rarely put their weights back on racks. Fucking plates all over the shop. Also they have literally no areas designated for lifting things dead from the ground, so I have to move shit around in order to do deadlifts or pendlay rows because I refuse to not do them for full ROM.

However, the staff are good and the rest of the stuff is pretty great especially since it's 24 hours most weekdays.
every gym ive been to outside of unsw has the same problem. lazy fuckers everywhere

maybe its because we're a little out west

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah man I have no idea if the benches/racks are free because there are still barbells with plates on them.

I need to post a pic of the power racks. They have what seem to be safety bars a few inches off the ground, but they're used to hold a barbell so people can deadlift off it, as opposed to off the ground. So there are heaps of guys that are doing deadlifts with 2/3 ROM.

kfnmpah

HSC
every gym ive been to outside of unsw has the same problem. lazy fuckers everywhere

maybe its because we're a little out west
yes try working in a gym. the last hour of my shift is spent picking up after fuck head meat head cunts that leave piles of 25kg plates everywhere after i say 'hey make sure you put those away they are too heavy for me' (they aren't but still)

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
trying to come up with a push/pull; strongth/hypertrophy routine. never done or tried this before. mainly concerned about monday (heavy squot) followed with tuesday (lightish SL dedlift). also tuesday looks a bit too much. have no lats or biceps so need curls (neglected for too long) n not confident wit pull-ups yet

also i kno str/hyper could just be same lifts but different weight/rep range, but just felt like changing the exercises for some variation

pls rate n suggestions

Monday --- Push STRENGTH (3x5-6)

Quads: Squats
Delts (Front): Military Press
Quads: Leg Press (KEEP??? PUT ON HYPERTROPHY DAY???)
Chest: Flat Bench Press
Triceps: DB Skullcrusher
Calves: Smith Machine Calf Raises (To Failure)

Tuesday --- Pull HYPERTROPHY (3x10-12)

Hamstrings: Stiff Leg Deadlift
Glutes/LowBack: Gluteham Raise
Back (General): DB Lying Row
Delts (Side): DB Lateral Raise
Delts (Rear): Cable Face Pull
Biceps: DB Bicep Curls (x2)/DB Hammer Curls (x2)
Traps: Shrugs/Back Shrugs
Abs/Obliques:

Friday --- Pull STRENGTH (3x5-6)

Hamstrings: Deadlift
Back (General): BB Bent Row
Back (Lats): V-Bar Pulldown
Delts (Side): EZ/DB Upright Row
Delts (Rear): Rear Lateral Raise
Biceps: Curls of some sort (Probs Barbell)

Saturday --- Push HYPERTROPHY (3x10-12)

Quads: DB Step-up
Delts (Front): DB Shoulder Press
Chest2: Incline Bench Press
Triceps: DB Skullcrusher/ or Triceps Dip
Calves: Smith Machine Calf Raises (To Failure)
Abs/Obliques:

Last edited:
C

Chayum

Day A:
3x5 Back Squats
3x5 BB Bench Press
3x5 BB Rows
1x20 Pullups

Day B:
3x5 Front Squats
3x5 OHP
1x5 Deadlift
1x20 Dips

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
ok niggas i work in a gym and don't really like doing weights when the gym is open because my gym is the biggest steroid dealing gym in newcastle and it's a big sausage fest and the guys are your stereotypical gym jerks and ceebs

so trying to gain strength, do a kind of weights-cardio thing with all my supersetting, and i'm getting back on track with diet.

I train after I close the gym. this also works out better in terms of free equipment and music is all up to me

monday: spin
tuesday: body pump and yoga
wednesday: train after I close up the gym: Legs, Chest, Shoulders
- squats (8-10) sset with pushups until failure 3 times
- walking lunges (10 each side) sset with incline db press 3 times
- stiff leg deadlift sset with rear delt raises 3 times
- squats (lighter weight, more reps and faster rhythm) sset with lateral raises and shoulder press 3 times

thursday interval sprints
friday intervals or rest or yoga
saturday spin
Sunday: train after I close up at 6 Back, arms

Deadlifts sset triset with bicep curls and tricep push downs 3 x (finish on deadlifts so 4 sets of dlifts)
pull ups triset with barbell 21s superset and dips (feet up on bench, dropset to floor) 3 times
bent over row (under hand grip), tricep kickbacks

yep idk it's been a while since I've really done any lifting i know stuff i just can't be bothered to try and remember it haha

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
fuck i want some power cleans and clean and presses and shit in there too where should that go?

merrrrrrrrgh

q3thefish

HSC
^
power cleans etc beginning of sesh
accessory workouts afterwards

usheer

HSC
You get a really good upper body work out from rock climbing. I think i'm going to get a very light six pack soon :p I have the lines forming on my stomach, I feel fit even though I have an extremely unhealthy diet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)