We are the last year to sit HSC without laptops (1 Viewer)

SayWut

HSC
My tutor (been teaching for 30+years) says that he's noticed a substantial difference the quality of Maths students since laptops have been implemented i.e. they've been getting worse.

Do you guys think that this trend will continue?

rogerlam

HSC
yes, try a past hsc paper from like the 1990s and you can see a difference

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah I think Australia just doesn't really give a shit about maths, it's just gotten easier in general and nobody cares. It's not just laptops, there are consoles, the internet, social networking etc. You can't really procrastinate maths, at least not to the extent you can do in humanities subjects = more ppl fail.

Bloodstriker

HSC
I'm pretty sure the class of 2014 is the first year to use laptops. I agree with the procrastinating thing and the tutor's theory
+ We live in a western country
i know someone who lived in China and they started integration in yr 8

Last edited:

amour

Female
HSC
My tutor (been teaching for 30+years) says that he's noticed a substantial difference the quality of Maths students since laptops have been implemented i.e. they've been getting worse.

Do you guys think that this trend will continue?
what do you mean?
i got a mac from my school from the gov funding thing?
didnt ur year get it too?

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
what do you mean?
i got a mac from my school from the gov funding thing?
didnt ur year get it too?
Jealous. Alot of the current year 12s didn't get them. I had to buy my own, and then my school wanted to make it 'Board Approved' (So, limit what internet activity I had, and give me certain programs, and another program which disallowed executable files.)

amour

Female
HSC
Jealous. Alot of the current year 12s didn't get them. I had to buy my own, and then my school wanted to make it 'Board Approved' (So, limit what internet activity I had, and give me certain programs, and another program which disallowed executable files.)

That's so silly! Ours arent board approved, their more like our personal one. we get to keep them after we graduated

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
That's so silly! Ours arent board approved, their more like our personal one. we get to keep them after we graduated
I've seen the ones some of my friends got (the year 9s and 10s got them). They have little Board of Studies things in each corner of the screen (like safe mode, but telling you that this computer belongs to the government), and have certain sites and executables blocked. There have been some other schools that got like what you did, and some that got shafted. Imo, it's rediculous.

PH011

HSC
Apparent, the board is making 4u/3u multiple choice, removing conics from 4u, and moving SHM from 3u to 4u................

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparent, the board is making 4u/3u multiple choice, removing conics from 4u, and moving SHM from 3u to 4u................
Yep. They fucked us big time.
Also, to the past paper thing - try papers around '87. We tried doing them in year 11 and could… not… do.

Chahoud

HSC
Hahaha all you guys got macs or could buy your own laptop my shit ass school gave us yr 12s the small shitty Lenovo and we had to pay for it and the fregin yr 7's got macs seriously wtf, just shows my school is a tide ass and I go to a private school !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)