• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

We made a mistake with Rudd, didn't we? (1 Viewer)

Do you wish Howard had won the last election?

• Yes. Howard was the man we need for the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
yeah, valid point my friend, but since it has come from their own website, it ruins the point.
If that information came from say, an independant website, it would be more believeable

Just saying.
why would they put something on there website they didn't believe in? this is the Liberal party saying "this is what we believe in, this is what we support" why would it be needed from an independent website?

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
what does that have to do with anything??!??!!?
im asking you a straightfoward question
can you justify that liberal policy (in relation to the bolded) backs the written statements i quoted from you regarding "conservative beliefs"?
you have two options for your response:
1. yes, and heres my justification; or
2. no, my name is scuba steve and i fail at life.
the choice is yours.
the Liberals backs these statements because they have done so and have upheld these beliefs through history also idk IT CAME FROM THEIR WEBSITE.

Liberal are conservative on social issues. but on economics they lean towards right Libertarianism. i hint at "lean government" anyways i gtg

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
because of bias, my friend. Because of bias. Thats the only reason.
wtf are u talking about bias has nothing to do with this at all.

i could say labour is bias because they believe in stimulus packages and education revolutions?

OF COURSE THEY ARE BIAS ITS THEIR OPINIONS AND BELIEFS

Lauchlan

HSC

Conservatives are authoritarian. Scuba steve is libertarian.
finally a source. if there is another name i should have used, insert it in replacement but it doesnt take away the point i was making.

Lauchlan

HSC
yeah, valid point my friend, but since it has come from their own website, it ruins the point.
If that information came from say, an independant website, it would be more believeable

Just saying.
exactly, it is bias therefore invalid.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
lol the fact that somebody had to post a picture after me telling you like 8 times that i wasn't a conservative backs up my theory that you are a complete moron

Lauchlan

HSC
why would they put something on there website they didn't believe in? this is the Liberal party saying "this is what we believe in, this is what we support" why would it be needed from an independent website?
because the liberal party website is trying to promote themselves through bias.

they can believe in that all they like but it doesnt mean their current govt will do these beliefs justice.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
because the liberal party website is trying to promote themselves through bias.

they can believe in that all they like but it doesnt mean their current govt will do these beliefs justice.
well fucking 50+ years of Liberal history says you're wrong these are the core beliefs that the party has had since day fucking one

Lauchlan

HSC
wtf are u talking about bias has nothing to do with this at all.

i could say labour is bias because they believe in stimulus packages and education revolutions?

OF COURSE THEY ARE BIAS ITS THEIR OPINIONS AND BELIEFS
the point that is being made is: your source doesnt do your political position in this argument any good. this is because it is bias. we are not using any labor endorsed sources, nor is it necessary.... so i will say that the belief in education revolutions is a good one - your party says they will do abolutely everything possible to maintain the highest education in australia - yet historically they havent really helped the states at all... this goes for other issues like health.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
the point that is being made is: your source doesnt do your political position in this argument any good. this is because it is bias. we are not using any labor endorsed sources, nor is it necessary.... so i will say that the belief in education revolutions is a good one - your party says they will do abolutely everything possible to maintain the highest education in australia - yet historically they havent really helped the states at all... this goes for other issues like health.
well prior to labour take over i don't recall the public education system in a complete utter mess?

as for health when you are trying to run a business as complex as health it is no place for the state to continue to fuck it up. that goes for labour and Liberal

these are the beliefs of the Liberal party. under Howard government they kept a lean government with a comparatively minimal governmental interference.

and as i have stated the intentions of government policy no matter who is in power will not produce their intended result

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
thats open to debate :)
no it isn't open to debate you can't debate facts moron. most of those beliefs in that list is what the liberal party has always stood for. its why many people vote for the party

the best thing government can do is to keep its hands out of peoples lives as much as possible because it will only make it worse

Lauchlan

HSC
well prior to labour take over i don't recall the public education system in a complete utter mess?

as for health when you are trying to run a business as complex as health it is no place for the state to continue to fuck it up. that goes for labour and Liberal

these are the beliefs of the Liberal party. under Howard government they kept a lean government with a comparatively minimal governmental interference.

and as i have stated the intentions of government policy no matter who is in power will not produce their intended result
as usual i agree with you to an extent, but i also oppose you generally when it comes to political opinion.

so are you saying health should be commonwealth controlled? both labor and liberal agree on this... yet we only have one policy - labors. liberal still fail to produce policy and that is one area i criticise them on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)