Weight Of Your School Bag. (1 Viewer)

esa91

HSC
depending on wat subejects i have any where between 2-10kg- and i'm very small as in 43kg so that's bad for me.but my sister's was always heavier and even in yr 10. i remember one time i wore it while sitting on the armrest of the couch and i fell off. lol

4unitfreak

HSC
It's heavy for a small bag, but not that heavy. I carry a folder with all my notes in it. The most my bag ever has in it is my Maths textbook, a novel, my diary, a pencil case and lunch. I don't think it ever has all of them in there at the same time... I rarely take my textbook anyway. And I drive to school most days so I'm always dumping stuff back in the car throughout the day.

D

dillay

My bag is extremely heavy :/. i have to bring a textbook for Maths, Biology, Ancient History, sometimes Visual Arts and Advanced English. Actually, thats pretty much all my subjects + books and folders o.o". i can't stand carrying folders around everywhere coz i constantly forget it everywhere and takes me so long to get one book out xD.

nandison

HSC
:( omg is it even necessary to have one , lol nahh jkes

its depends on my nerdy days i carry 5 folders 3 in my hands and 2 in my bag , for all my subjects , and on a day that i cant be bothered i take nothing but money for me and the canteen lol !!!! :eek:

i-r-nerd

HSC
mine is heavy like all the time. i dont want to know how much it weighs coz i have a bad back and i dont want to know how much it is stuffing up my back more!!!!!

beccygoddess

HSC
Just like a lot of you say, I use folders instead of books- its lighter that way. BUT I need 3 folders for my 7 subject... so I end up putting 2 in my school bag and carry one. Needless to say, I have to replace them every term because they get absolutely TRASHED.

On top of that I have:
MASSIVE ancient history textbook
2 economics textbooks
MASSIVE SOR textbook (I don't know why I bother, honestly)
Chemistry textbook
Misc English book (King Lear atm)

And because I normally have 6 out of my 7 subjects everyday, I have to bring all this crap.

Any ideas about how I can make my bag lighter?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
my bag weighs 10kg

dont use a folder coz imma end up leaving it at school or on the bus

karnage

HSC
5-10kg i guess.

I use a folder system but i put the folder in my bag so it doesnt get kicked around etc.

CaptainJacq24

HSC
I carry a folder, which is a *&^*^ sometimes, but it makes my bag less heavy and it's easier to sort and file everything at home.
when i weighed my bag a couple of weeks ago reguardless my bag weighed 10kg's without my folder which didn't make me too enthusiastic to go to school that morning.
I love using a folder cause for the above reasons and i get to decorate it. i have massive amounts of fun making the art to go in the sleeve. it always shows what im obsessed with at the time, and the amount of people who steal my folder to go over it is hilarious.
despite this i've found that the one one unit subject i do (ext. Hist) has the most crap, and it wont fit in the folder. but i only have that once a week. Honestly one day i want the adults who tell us to stop complaining to carry it all around for one day. see how they feel.

MTP

HSC
I would only put stationary, my psp, mobile, calculator and other little things in my bag. My schoolbooks and textbooks usually are in my folder. So my bag is usually very light, i would occasionally put my maths texhbook in there. so yeh

seeto.centric

woop woop err i mean somewhere in the Hills
HSC
a bit of a late reply, but another option if you dont mind destroying your books is to slice them up into chapters. that's what i did to reduce the weight when all other options seemed unrealistic. art supplies is what kills u.. 12kg packs of clay haha there's a daily workout :)

on a side note, if anyone's interested in helping out my friend with her major work (designing some sort of "better" schoolbag) it would be awesome if u guys could contact me via PM. doesnt really take much commitment - just a photo of the bag on scales on the worst day. so its just really a photo of the bag and its weight :)

cheers!

whatusername?

HSC
my bag weighed 10 kg in yr 11. it was ridiculous; i didnt even have all my textbooks in it. but then i divided my book into topics in yr 12 and its way lighter

bawd

HSC
My bag is usually 70% empty because I carry all my textbooks and exercise books in a giant folder. I put my water bottle, food, stationary, bus/train passes etc in my bag so I'd estimate it weights about 2 kilos, and about 1 kilo or less at the end of the day after I finish my 1L bottle of water and food.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My bag > 10 kg

It helps my muscle development so I am not complaining.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
My bag > 10 kg

It helps my muscle development so I am not complaining.
Hopefully your back doesn't strain :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)