Welcome '05rs - Whats your individual project? (1 Viewer)

Which Project Are You Doing?

• Total voters

ash_earth

HSC
Hi

Hi,

I started drama in year 11 as a fresh student, kinda went in over my head, but I have my prelim results back and I’ve done really well 96 out of 100. I love drama and everything in it, my class is a bunch of drama queens but that’s a good thing. They have really shown me the ropes!

I am pretty strong at performance, I think and hope, and theory I go ok in.

My favourite aspect of drama so far though is Theatre of Cruelty. We had to do a group performance task on this theatre type and I have never had more fun, anywhere.

Drama keeps me sane.

I was thinking of doing performance for my individual but since reading some of the comments here I think I might change my mind, I really would like a good mark.

I have already written a monologue, its self devised. I was wondering if a could get any feedback for it?

Ash_earth

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Hey all,

I just found this website and I feel like I'm gunna settle here. Everyone here has some really good opinions and when I read how much everyone is trying so hard, I get motivated, you know, because the rest of my year are a bunch of deadheads (well, mostly) and I want to go well.

I want to do performance as well, I made my mind up at state drama camp this year. I'm an 05'er by the way. I just think I should play to my strengths. I want to do a funny monologue, partly because I'm just a comedy loving guy, and partly because comedic monologues are SO much easier to interact with the audience with than serious ones.

Can anyone recommend any good monologue sites for Aussie context, preferably with some witty ones?

Thanks guys! You guys have some good advice, expect me to annoy you all often!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Hey Logain,

Cool to see a 05' State Drama Camper in here. Me, Val_Dramaqueen and _eosr_ were all at the 04' State Drama Camp. Val and I did performance so you'd like any help...finding pieces, interpretation of pieces or whinging feel free to give us a bell.

As for sites, I'm big on NOT reccommending you get a monologue from a website. Most are aboslute poo and are unoriginal (the Markers TOTALLY dig originality)...Monologues from plays/screenplays/adaptations from novels are best. PM/email me some specific details on what you're looking for and I'll send you back a list from my monologue collection...which is vastly growing!

Katie...(the alias is Skillo....indeeed the alias is)

P.S: Dunno if _eosr_ did performance...

Last edited:

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
unnecessarily verbose intro

Helloooooo,

well, I generally like all aspects of drama (which is why I chose it in the first place), so that makes it fairly difficult to decide on what aspect is my favourite! But at the moment, I'm liking theory. Woo hoo how exciting.

Anyway, in class we're studying "Bush and City" (Summer of the Seventeenth Doll and Touch of Silk as texts) and then we go onto American theatre, where I think we're studying Streetcard Named Desire and... another one whose title I can't recall.

For my IP I've selected Applied Research Project, which is already starting off nice enough because I've got a fairly good idea of what the hypothesis is going to be, as well as well-connected drama teachers who can actually help me get in contact with people who can act as primary sources to what I'm researching. I was initially going to do Poster and Promotions, but then I realised that I am hideously crap at anything visual.

That's all for now!
-Courtney

lollee

sweet as
HSC
Hi all new member alert its me lollee (kira)
brand spanking new to the site but have been doing drama for a while
my ip is video drama and im doing contempory aus theatre and brecht
im using the school video camera for my ip coz i dont own one spose im really lucky to have access to that in a public school hey? does anyone have notes on cont aus theatre particularily seven stages or garys house ive gotta do a viva on them and im a bit worried bout the questions

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
lollee, Check the resources section on the main site, about 4 sets of Cont. Aust. notes have been uploaded in the past week, and I'm only going to assume more will be up soon (if the 04s get their act together :p)

Crowie

HSC
N/A
hey all im doing Performance , bush and city and brecht
did ne one go to the state drama festival
wat did u think?
outta curiosity is any one doing lighting design?

thack

HSC
Heyyyo all, new here, only just discovered the wonder that is a board filled with drama nerds. Bloody awesome.

We're doing Bread and Puppet and Welfare State International theatre, and god I wish we were doing absurdism.

For my IP, I'm thinking that a directors folio for Oedipus Rex would be pretty damn good. I love the whole greek drama thing, something I'm good at, and we studied it in ancient history in year 11. Did the greek drama festival at Maquarie Uni earlier this year, and we got second overall, good fun.

Love my drama I do. :)

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
kristie87 said:
the names kristie...just started HSC drama this term...

im doing Publicity/Promotion for my IP...

we've started on Summer of The 17th Doll by Ray Lawler, cos we're doing Australian Bush and City for our first unit and second one's absurdism...

im like looking forward to HSC drama...it's gunna be totally awesome
I'm in the same class as Kristie. Much love for drama here. Highlight of my week, it really is (we have four hour long lessons on Monday afternoons until five) and strangely, I'm not sure if there's any sarcasm there anymore. I think, I'm starting to like it. for much of the first half of this year I used to dread it, and the late sunday night homework stints that saw me awake until four in the morning.

I'm doing Costume Design for my IP, going to do the Judas Kiss.

We've just finished Australian Bush & City- Summer of the Seventeenth Doll and the infernal pit of hell that is Brumby Innes, though both make for some amusing moments when talking with the last three years of year 12 who've been taught the same texts.
We're moving onto Absurdism for next term- I'm sure we're doing Waiting for Godot, Im not sure about the other text.

steffo

steph
HSC
hey, new 05er here.
i have only ever imagined doing performance. sometimes, i dont think it's a choice. it's a given.
im so so excited about it all though. im extremely pumped for theatre of the absurd, and i started my log book and all i can do is write how excited i am.

oh bless drama's cotton socks.

iamcool

HSC
i am tres new to this

howdy all.. ive never posted on any of these forum things.. so you may say im a bos virgin.. muahah

buuuuut

the drama forum excited me!!

how von-coolio!!!!!

but yes... im madly in love with drama.. it rocks my socks.. ALL of them!!

except, my stupid fag-cheese of a Principal has no appreciation for the arts, and totally discourages my beloved dramallama.. our drama class has 4 people!
all girls!

but anyway... we're doing cont. Australian... 7 stages of grieving and Gary's house.. Absurdism.. Zoo story, waiting for goto, and the dumb waiter...

aaand im doing performance..!

im playing lisa from girl, interrupted..
and yes yes i know it sounds like im just doing her cos she's crazy and it sounds 'good'... buuuut i really actually love her character!!

anyway.. this forum-y thing is damn cool!

and as John Mayer didn't say...

"Your body is a dramaland"

teeheh!! we stuck a picture of him on our door.. and have that written there

ooooh ooooooooh AND they finally funded drama at our school :D and we got a set of professional lights :D it is soo super cool!! we're treating them like our first born child!

aaahh... anyway.. this post is rather long, but im excited, i cant help it..

i am a tad worried about performance.. just cos its so riskae.. but alas.. its too good to give up...

any pointers will please me muchly

farewell!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
iamcool said:
howdy all.. ive never posted on any of these forum things.. so you may say im a bos virgin.. muahah

buuuuut

the drama forum excited me!!

how von-coolio!!!!!

but yes... im madly in love with drama.. it rocks my socks.. ALL of them!!

except, my stupid fag-cheese of a Principal has no appreciation for the arts, and totally discourages my beloved dramallama.. our drama class has 4 people!
all girls!

but anyway... we're doing cont. Australian... 7 stages of grieving and Gary's house.. Absurdism.. Zoo story, waiting for goto, and the dumb waiter...

aaand im doing performance..!

im playing lisa from girl, interrupted..
and yes yes i know it sounds like im just doing her cos she's crazy and it sounds 'good'... buuuut i really actually love her character!!

anyway.. this forum-y thing is damn cool!

and as John Mayer didn't say...

"Your body is a dramaland"

teeheh!! we stuck a picture of him on our door.. and have that written there

ooooh ooooooooh AND they finally funded drama at our school :D and we got a set of professional lights :D it is soo super cool!! we're treating them like our first born child!

aaahh... anyway.. this post is rather long, but im excited, i cant help it..

i am a tad worried about performance.. just cos its so riskae.. but alas.. its too good to give up...

any pointers will please me muchly

farewell!
you are cool.

what school you from?

4 people is a poor effort...
at the begining of the year at my school, we got a whole new building dedicated to music and drama. The Dramam room is sweet, its go wall length mirrors at ether end (with slidable currtains in front of coarse) those mad ballet rail attatched to the walls, 6 piece lighting (and thats awsome considering its just a classroom) mad sound system, HUGGGGGE closet thingo, like, its on of those sliding ones, its like 10 meters long, and like a million drama blocks.

Fuck i love it.

iamcool

HSC
Egronk said:
4 people is a poor effort...
at the begining of the year at my school, we got a whole new building dedicated to music and drama. The Dramam room is sweet, its go wall length mirrors at ether end (with slidable currtains in front of coarse) those mad ballet rail attatched to the walls, 6 piece lighting (and thats awsome considering its just a classroom) mad sound system, HUGGGGGE closet thingo, like, its on of those sliding ones, its like 10 meters long, and like a million drama blocks.

Fuck i love it.

well waaay to go rub it in gronk of the E!!

I go to girraween high..
ohh and get this

mr-superior-principal-with-stupid-sideburns-and-no-brain didnt let a year 11 drama class go ahead!! he claimed there wasn't enough people.. but there was 5! and the minimum is 3!!

we had 7 to begin with.. but what a stupid smellatron 2000!!!

soo we figured that theres gonna be money in the school account to pay for the yr 11 production thats supposed to be every year.. and because theres no class.. we're gonna start a drama club! and we'll put that money into a mini-production kind of thing for them. It shall be von-coolio

We're resorting to drama-propaganda

tis fantastical.

tverd

Hey funky drama ppl!

Ok, i think i've finally decided what I'm doing for my IP, so I thought i'd log on here and introduce myself since you asked so nicely *insert cheesy grin here*

My name's Tim, and I'd be alcoholic if I drank lots. I'm prbably doing lighting design for my IP (so I suppose there won't be much competition..) and again probably for Holy Day scenes 4 and 15 (the one with the 3 women and the rape one). Sounds like fun anyway.

Umm, our class is doing bush/city (17th doll/mother and son) and irish drama (lughnasa/beauty queen).

If you want to know anything else, please feel free to contact me, office hours are on my window, and if pain persists, see your local pharmacist.

Keep it real, cause it looks like i haven't ;)

Have fun ppl, and good luck!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
all you 05'ers rock! lol

it's so true, you guys will all fit in. We're a big bunch of Drama Queens (and Kings for those sexually challenged :p) [kidding lol]

anyway, I think maybe we should make a Help Thread so that you guys can ask past student questions. :)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
grk_styl said:
it's so true, you guys will all fit in. We're a big bunch of Drama Queens (and Kings for those sexually challenged :p) [kidding lol]

NO WAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)