What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

HSC
the night is for hunting - john marsden

i've been going through the series pretty quickly, they're really good. also excited about the trailer for they released for the movie version of the first book.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
russianROULETTE have you read them before?
I read them Grade 6-8 and oh my god I was so in love. Still am, actually, it's just a bit uncool now I'm over 18 to confess it.

I always held grand visions of directing the motion picture(s). Still will if they majorly stuff it up.

HSC
no, i just started reading last week. oh really? they're just in the 'young adult' section so i never really thought of them as kiddy's books haha. the series started going down a little after no4 (though the attack on the airfield in 5 is pretty good), but i have to know what happens so i bought the whole series.

have you read the ellie chronicles? i'm not sure whether i want to read them or not when i'm finished the series, from the description it doesn't sound as good...

yeah it would be an awesome movie to be involved in, wish i could act, i could have auditioned haha. have you seen the trailer yet? it actually looks quite decent, though the girl who plays ellie sometimes sounds a bit emotionless... but i thought it looked ok and i'm a pretty savage critic of book adaptations (i started a thread with a link to the trailer if you're interested :)).

yoddle

is cool
HSC
no, i just started reading last week. oh really? they're just in the 'young adult' section so i never really thought of them as kiddy's books haha. the series started going down a little after no4 (though the attack on the airfield in 5 is pretty good), but i have to know what happens so i bought the whole series.

have you read the ellie chronicles? i'm not sure whether i want to read them or not when i'm finished the series, from the description it doesn't sound as good...

yeah it would be an awesome movie to be involved in, wish i could act, i could have auditioned haha. have you seen the trailer yet? it actually looks quite decent, though the girl who plays ellie sometimes sounds a bit emotionless... but i thought it looked ok and i'm a pretty savage critic of book adaptations (i started a thread with a link to the trailer if you're interested :)).
No they're not kiddy. But they're awesome. No no yeah I stopped reading Frost for about two years because it was boring and then BAM got back into it and finished the series in like 2 months. From Burning for Revenge (probs my fave) it goes uphill rapidly. The Night is for Hunting is particularly emotional.

I have read the Ellie Chronicles and while they aren't as good as the initial series they are compulsory reading just to know how everything ends up. They are a good read, just not as good as the others.

Re the trailer: Two words: Dial Up.

Almost everyone has already read them, it's great that some people are just discovering them! You'll find it lurks in the background and you often think "what would ellie do in this situation?" etc etc. Did you watch the episode of Q&A that had John Marsden on it? It was really good.

Currently reading : Tender is the Night

HSC
No they're not kiddy. But they're awesome. No no yeah I stopped reading Frost for about two years because it was boring and then BAM got back into it and finished the series in like 2 months. From Burning for Revenge (probs my fave) it goes uphill rapidly. The Night is for Hunting is particularly emotional.
i know what you mean, it slows down a bit then gets addictive again. yeah burning for revenge was good, the story gets more suspenseful once the colonists start to really take over. that's the one i've just started, promising as usual.

I have read the Ellie Chronicles and while they aren't as good as the initial series they are compulsory reading just to know how everything ends up. They are a good read, just not as good as the others.
oh cool, was debating it before but i'll definitely pick them up now, thankyou kindly :) would rep you but it says i have to spread some around.

Re the trailer: Two words: Dial Up.
ah, say no more.

Almost everyone has already read them, it's great that some people are just discovering them! You'll find it lurks in the background and you often think "what would ellie do in this situation?" etc etc. Did you watch the episode of Q&A that had John Marsden on it? It was really good.
yeah i'm thinking that when the movie comes out it'll become wildly popular. yeah it does haha, i've started applying some concepts in the book to my uni work, which is both sad and somewhat scary. no i didn't, might have to dredge it up on youtube it would be interesting to hear him discuss the novels.

steph xx

HSC
i'm reading a few books at the moment:
on the road - keruoac.
middlesex - eugenides

i don't know which one to read the most, they're both giving me literary orgasms

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I am in love. With a book. The Secret History. I bought it because I'm a tight-ass and it was an attractive and very fat Penguin Classic. IT IS SO GOOD.

I want to go to an exclusive college in Vermont and murder a friend. It seems so stylish.
fuck YES

I cried when I finished that book. The idea of not being able to plunge into the characters' lives any more was so thoroughly depressing.

It is one of those books I will recommend to anyone immediately.

Also, one really has to appreciate all the research that went into that book. Donna Tartt is a literary goddess.

Have you read The Little Friend? Ostensibly very different in style but if you appreciate Ms Tartt's writing I am sure you will love it; it certainly has that extra depth of character that made The Secret History so fucking brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)