What should i eat/do to reduce the wrinkles/dry skin (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Meh they aren't that bad. They fade after a while. But yeah my cat scratched my eyelid about 6 months ago and it left a scar....I think bio oil had helped a bit with that. Or it could just be time healing it.

boris

Banned
HSC
hungryaussieyum said:
hello im 19yrs old only and my skin is aging at a shocking rate.

my face has lots of visible wrinkles. what should i eat? tomato/carrot/oranges/vegetables

here i'll post an attachment of where the wrinkles are located.

i've indicated the red lines where the wrinkles are.( i obviously wont post a picture of myself).

creams/moisturizers dont work well. ive got sensitive skin.
oh hey there
cbf reading other responses, but it's basically like this

YOU NEED TO;
- DRINK A LOT OF WATER. 2L A DAY ATLEAST.
- WEAR SUNSCREEN EVERY DAY, EVEN IN WINTER. IF YOU LIKE MAKE UP, BUY A MAKE UP THAT IS SPF 15+ ATLEAST
- MOISTURISE. IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO BE EXPENSIVE, CHEAP SHIT WILL DO
- EXFOLIATE. GET RID OF YOUR DEAD SKIN CELLS, IT WILL REPLENISH THE NEWER SKIN AND YOU WILL GLOW

boris

Banned
HSC
chelsea girl said:
drinking lots of water being a way to make skin more beautiful is a myth. the food we eat is made up largely of water anyway, so unless you're severely dehydrated water won't do much.

if you have very dry skin (my skin has a tendency to be dry, esp around my mouth and nose) then invest in a very good, thick face cream for sensitive skin. i doesn't need to be expensive - i have found olay to be the best for my skin when it's dry, and they have a sensitive skin line. :)
it's not a myth.
i know science. science of the body especially. it's what i do.

Donski

HSC
N/A
boris said:
- EXFOLIATE. GET RID OF YOUR DEAD SKIN CELLS, IT WILL REPLENISH THE NEWER SKIN AND YOU WILL GLOW

what sort of brand, how often blah blah...scientically proven?

cheers

boris

Banned
HSC
Donski said:

what sort of brand, how often blah blah...scientically proven?

cheers
any brand. you dont even have to use a brand name exfoliant if you dont want.
get some sorbolene cream in your hand, put a teaspoon of sugar in and rub it into your face. it will get rid of the dead skin cells that stay there, it will unclog most pores (because the sand is big and rough) and it will moisturise at the same time.

just test it once and don't tell me your skin didn't feel really smooth afterwards.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
boris said:
it's not a myth.
i know science. science of the body especially. it's what i do.
lol no.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

"The current infatuation with water as an all-purpose health potion - tonic for the skin, key to weight loss- is a blend of fashion and fiction and very little science"

Drink only when you're thirsty, maintain correct electrolytic balance kids!

boris

Banned
HSC
hahahaha what the fuck, i actually bothered to read that shit. what a load of misinformed fucking bullshit.

Donski

HSC
N/A
sorbolene.face.sugar. the fuck?

im using advantan...vaseline the jelly....cetaphil for facewash.

what do u recommend for soap?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
boris said:
hahahaha what the fuck, i actually bothered to read that shit. what a load of misinformed fucking bullshit.
Here's a journal article, says the same thing

http://ajpregu.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/283/5/R993#BIBL

ABSTRACT

Despite the seemingly ubiquitous admonition to "drink at least eight 8-oz glasses of water a day" (with an accompanying reminder that beverages containing caffeine and alcohol do not count), rigorous proof for this counsel appears to be lacking. This review sought to find the origin of this advice (called "8 × 8" for short) and to examine the scientific evidence, if any, that might support it. The search included not only electronic modes but also a cursory examination of the older literature that is not covered in electronic databases and, most importantly and fruitfully, extensive consultation with several nutritionists who specialize in the field of thirst and drinking fluids. No scientific studies were found in support of 8 × 8. Rather, surveys of food and fluid intake on thousands of adults of both genders, analyses of which have been published in peer-reviewed journals, strongly suggest that such large amounts are not needed because the surveyed persons were presumably healthy and certainly not overtly ill.... large body of published experiments that attest to the precision and effectiveness of the osmoregulatory system for maintaining water balance.

boris

Banned
HSC
Um, dude. I never said anything about 8 glasses of water. I said 2Litres.

Luckily I have the day off today, I can't wait to post 10 more reliable sources than that.

boris

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
Here's a journal article, says the same thing

http://ajpregu.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/283/5/R993#BIBL

ABSTRACT

Despite the seemingly ubiquitous admonition to "drink at least eight 8-oz glasses of water a day" (with an accompanying reminder that beverages containing caffeine and alcohol do not count), rigorous proof for this counsel appears to be lacking. This review sought to find the origin of this advice (called "8 × 8" for short) and to examine the scientific evidence, if any, that might support it. The search included not only electronic modes but also a cursory examination of the older literature that is not covered in electronic databases and, most importantly and fruitfully, extensive consultation with several nutritionists who specialize in the field of thirst and drinking fluids. No scientific studies were found in support of 8 × 8. Rather, surveys of food and fluid intake on thousands of adults of both genders, analyses of which have been published in peer-reviewed journals, strongly suggest that such large amounts are not needed because the surveyed persons were presumably healthy and certainly not overtly ill.... large body of published experiments that attest to the precision and effectiveness of the osmoregulatory system for maintaining water balance.
I like how you neglected to post the rest of the abstact, especially a few key points highlighted by myself.

It is to be emphasized that the conclusion is limited to healthy adults in a temperate climate leading a largely sedentary existence, precisely the population and conditions that the "at least" in 8 × 8 refers to
- It is nearly impossible, and I'd be interested to see the study group conditions if they were to replicate 'ideal conditions' where the person did not exert themself or require fluid maintenance of atleast 1.5L

Equally to be emphasized, lest the message of this review be misconstrued, is the fact (based on published evidence) that large intakes of fluid, equal to and greater than 8 × 8, are advisable for the treatment or prevention of some diseases and certainly are called for under special circumstances, such as vigorous work and exercise, especially in hot climates.
- Last time I checked Australia was a hot, dry continent and it's irresponsible and moronic to believe that as soon as it's winter we don't have to drink as much water anymore. Physiologically that doesn't make sense. Fuck, it's not even common sense.

Since it is difficult or impossible to prove a negative---in this instance, the absence of scientific literature supporting the 8 × 8 recommendation---the author invites communications from readers who are aware of pertinent publications.

That sentence pretty much shows me how reliable this source is. You're trying to show me literature that disproves the 8x8 rule, when infact you've just shown me literature that can't disprove the 8x8 rule.

boris

Banned
HSC
Donski said:
sorbolene.face.sugar. the fuck?

im using advantan...vaseline the jelly....cetaphil for facewash.

what do u recommend for soap?

I don't recommend using soap on your face. Most soaps dry out the skin and make the skin more flakey or irrtitated. If you're going to use a soap to get rid of acne or if you have greasy skin you can go to the chemist and get a medicated soap. I think Nutrogena has a few that aren't expensive.

Don't knock the sorbolene and sugar till you've tried it. It's a fantastic exfoliant.

Last edited:

ainthatinnocent

HSC
Oh, and something this facial woman told me:

Don't use product with oil in it, especially around your eyes, or you get oil seeds.

Then my mom points out the oil seeds around her eyes, and I got freaked out. Never using greasy stuff on my face. Ever. So go non-greasy moisturisers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)