what the heck is the edutest thing and how do you study for it? + questions about jrahs (considering to try get in for year 11 2025 jrahs entry :')) (1 Viewer)

niecoups

HSC
im sure this is greatly helping this girls aspiration of getting into ruse and studying. hopefully, she doesn't misread and start studying 4 science subjects for the edutest.
😰 erm i cant even study that effectively or well for my shatty science assessments at school

C_master

HSC
wtf is a 3 limitation thing can someone pls explain
Yes, the maximum you can do is 6 units worth of science (3 subjects since each is worth 2) - As aforementioned, the only way you can do more is if you accelerate it (accelerating Science Ext for example) but no sane kid would do that so dont worry

Sethio

HSC
thank you sososoosos much, your message has just internally slapped me in the face bc this was kinda like a wake up call for me considering i have never rethought my education decisions this thoroguhly before. i dont have any siblings nor anybody who has been able to tell me their experiences at school and how their school has been able to benefit them or not but this has rlly educated me so again, thank you so much.

regarding the being 'dragged up by the cohort' and stuff, could you pls elaborate? i didnt know that this was a thing and again, this has been a reason why i have also considered relocating to another school as i have heard from other kids in my school that that if the school you go to performs poorly for the hsc, then that your overall hsc mark gets scaled down a lot to be relative with the rest of your school or smth.

also regarding nsg, nsg has never really been an option i have considered considering in the first place bc i know nothing about them other from that they are forced to abide by bizzare strict guidelines for their english hsc stuff (same with st george girls). are they rlly that strong of a school 😭😭😭
ill talk in dm's

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Yes, the maximum you can do is 6 units worth of science (3 subjects since each is worth 2) - As aforementioned, the only way you can do more is if you accelerate it (accelerating Science Ext for example) but no sane kid would do that so dont worry
stop spreading false information 2025 man

niecoups

HSC
science ext???? i thought hsc sciences were only based on branches of science like biology, phsics and chemistry and stuff

niecoups

HSC
wdym they have no 'bizarre' guidelines, I have friends who go to both schools and trust me they aren't as strict as you're assuming.
oh no i go to eng hsc tutoring and my teacher said that about their schools

WeiWeiMan

HSC
science ext???? i thought hsc sciences were only based on branches of science like biology, phsics and chemistry and stuff
The sciences are split into a few categories:
Good Sciences:
-Physics
-Chemistry

Bad Sciences:
-Biology
-Dirt

Fake Sciences:
-Investigating

Extension science:
-Science Extension

lolcti

HSC
N/A
oh no i go to eng hsc tutoring and my teacher said that about their schools
Sydney girls and sgghs are declining so bad, if they were in the top 1-15 I'd understand what you mean but only like 10% of them band 6 English anyways.

C_master

HSC
Nah in year 12 you can take the 'Science Extension' along with two other sciences if you want. Its basically for those who are intensely passionate for science. Don't believe @WeiWeiMan- 6 units of science is the max YEAR 11(UNLESS ACCELERATING)

Last edited:

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Good Sciences:
-Physics
-Chemistry

Bad Sciences:
-Biology
-Dirt

Fake Sciences:
-Investigating

Extension science:
-Science Extension
WEI WEI MAN DONT DO EARTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE THAT DIRTY :mad:

niecoups

HSC
Good Sciences:
-Physics
-Chemistry

Bad Sciences:
-Biology
-Dirt

Fake Sciences:
-Investigating

Extension science:
-Science Extension
GOOD AND BAD SCIENCES HELP ME BAFHUAHFUBUFBAUh 😭😭😭😭
what is dirt scienceis that something you do at your school?

also is it bad that im planning to undertake biology for my hscs or whatever

niecoups

HSC
Nah in year 12 you can take the 'Science Extension' along with two other sciences if you want. Its basically for those are intensely passionate of science. Don't believe @WeiWeiMan- 6 units of science is the max YEAR 11(UNLESS ACCELERATING)
i dont even get how units work but alright i understand...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)