what TYPE of school do u go to? (1 Viewer)

what TYPE of school do you go to??

• Total voters

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Re: Public School vs. Private

I've been to a private and I'm now at a selective school
I'd have to say that people work harder at the school I'm at now
People also seem less pretentious and more 'real'?
I do miss the air conditioning though...

c-rudd

HSC

Public school are definately better...we dont have the snobby students or teachers for that matter and the teachers we do have actually give a damn about the students unlike private schools where they are interested in their pay packets.

I think u get a much better education at public schools because the teachers do care and set up extra lessons and do a lot of extra work when they really dont need to. Public schools all the way
WRONG! it depends on how much you want to learn for yourself. ive been to both, at the public school I was highly ranked and got great grades and now at the private school im only an average student cause the standard is much higher cause of the atmosphere and teachers help
it all depends on yourself though!

k2nv

HSC

Oh hold your horses! Trust me - private school isnt as good as you may think. Yes, they do have good facilities but with teachers - there's not much difference. In my opinion, my school academically fails - the school is too caught up on how they present themselves like with uniform and behaviour. Oh the things I would do to go to a public school. Oh and btw - year 8 & 10 we never got camps. Yet somehow we ALWAYS had INscursions.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

I've been to a private and I'm now at a selective school
I'd have to say that people work harder at the school I'm at now
People also seem less pretentious and more 'real'?
I do miss the air conditioning though...
That depends on the type of private school you go to.
I go to a catholic-private school (well we're systemic but yeah) in the South-West of Sydney and we're not snobby or pretentious. We're pretty 'real'. The only difference is we have better resources and generally we get better results than our public counterparts in our area.

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC

yeah, got to agree
my old school wasn't a GPS school, far from it in fact
but there was definite pretentious vibe
i didn't intend to generalise, sorry for the wording

rokkuguhyo

HSC

I go to a public school in western sydney, and the teachers there are great, and not as lazy/crap as you'd think.

HSC

I go to a public school in western sydney, and the teachers there are great, and not as lazy/crap as you'd think.
my mum works at a public school & i know she isnt lazy!!

but still id prefer private

tku336

HSC

it depends what sort of private school.

im pretty confident ours has the best facilities and teachers in nsw. but other private schools may not be that affluent.

HSC

im pretty confident ours has the best facilities and teachers in nsw. but other private schools may not be that affluent.
what makes you think yours has the best teachers?

Mithead

HSC

Quite right, everybody sat down and somehow took an independent predictor of the quality of teaching in every single school. And a completely non-biased body decided that YOUR school's faculty are THE BEST teachers in Australia. EXACTLY RIGHT! I'm so glad that lies on your school's prospectus are now irrefultable fact!

/sarcasm.

Brontecat

HSC
Just interested in what type of school most people go to and why they think it could be better than another eg. is catholic better than christian why or why not??

Last edited:

kara42

HSC
Anglican College.

Don't really have an opinion on whether it is better than other types or not.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Catholic (although I used to go to a Public Primary in early years).

Based on my experience, Catholic schools are a LOT more strict on rules and policy and have a strong tradition which they want to live up to - i.e. in sport, religious, academic etc.

Also (this is purely based on the dodgy primary school I went to), there is a lot more emphasis on education and a lot more dedication from teachers in Catholic Schools than comprehensive public schools (I'm not too sure about public high schools, but I'm inclined to assume it's the same).

Brontecat

HSC
yeh i agree that there's a lot more dedication i've been to a catholic, public and christian high school (in that order)
from my experiences i find that the christian school has the best balance its relaxed but also focused on academics, at the public school i went to it was very laissez-faire and at the catholic school i went to it was pretty strict

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Academically ... umm extremely supportive, in year 12 if you get a band 6 in any subject you get a $500 cheque :D (each subject) and the top 5 students in the class get these prizes ranging from laptops,digital cameras, ipods. lol pretty motivating:p
are you fucking kidding me????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)