Whats 'hot' for you? (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
grammer is important, spelling not so much......If I could remember how to spell all those words, I'd be a biologist
Personally, I would think that authors and writers would have a greater need for better spelling than biologists, but hey, that's just me.

You know what else annoys me though? ELLIPSES. ESPECIALLY WHEN NOT USED AT AN APPROPRIATE TIME, NOR EVEN USED CORRECTLY

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
Personally, I would think that authors and writers would have a greater need for better spelling than biologists, but hey, that's just me.
It's a play on an enrico fermi quote
Enrico fermi to a student asking him about a particle in the standard model said:
If I could rememeber all these names, i'd be a biologist

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Because everyone knows who Enrico Fermi is.
If you are going to paraphrase someone, at least make sure it's someone worthwhile and put the damn quote in inverted commas.

pman

Banned
HSC
If you are going to paraphrase someone, at least make sure it's someone worthwhile and put the damn quote in inverted commas.
sorry....I should have put it in inverted commas, and given that fermi was the guy who invented nuclear fission, the first man to split the atom...he's fairly worthwhile in my book

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Your book isn't the same as everyone else's novel.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
grammer is important, spelling not so much......If I could remember how to spell all those words, I'd be a biologist
Actually, I think spelling is incredibly important. A new cafe was opening where I live and its employees were giving out fliers in the mall. As well as capitalising every word, Wollongong was spelled Woolongong.

Even though I get it's a common mistake, frig you are opening a business and advertising to locals. First impressions are paramount.

Same goes for boyfriends and text messages :eek:

boganxcore

HSC
Actually, I think spelling is incredibly important. A new cafe was opening where I live and its employees were giving out fliers in the mall. As well as capitalising every word, Wollongong was spelled Woolongong.

Even though I get it's a common mistake, frig you are opening a business and advertising to locals. First impressions are paramount.

Same goes for boyfriends and text messages :eek:
so in a text message they must use proper spelling and grammar? so no 'hi how r u?' ?
even i do this in sms haha, just to avoid sending multiple messages because the text is larger

but everywhere else i care

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
so in a text message they must use proper spelling and grammar? so no 'hi how r u?' ?
even i do this in sms haha, just to avoid sending multiple messages because the text is larger

but everywhere else i care
lax punctuation is fine and abbreviations are acceptable if used sparingly. i will sometimes abbreviate your to yr purely out of laziness. but "T 2mr nite cu ther xx lvy" and rubbish like that which will probably take me a year to decipher just makes me frustrated unless it's a joke done on purpose

boganxcore

HSC
lax punctuation is fine and abbreviations are acceptable if used sparingly. i will sometimes abbreviate your to yr purely out of laziness. but "T 2mr nite cu ther xx lvy" and rubbish like that which will probably take me a year to decipher just makes me frustrated unless it's a joke done on purpose
oh okay yeah, fair enough

hscishard

HSC
hy sxc i lyke ur stile. :p

Miss Successful

HSC
LOL at above post ^

hmm my 'list' would be:
-distinguished/confidant
-intelligent
-brooding [but has a warm side as well]
-dark haired/dark eyes
-tanned
-firm jaw

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
worhtwhile?
lol dude enrico fermi is one of the most important men in 20th century physics

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
worhtwhile?
lol dude enrico fermi is one of the most important men in 20th century physics
Except not everyone enjoys physics. I respect physicists, and realise that their work is incredibly useful and important to society, but I don't find their work, nor the people themselves, interesting.

Zee Zappo

HSC
- surfy styled hair
- knows how to dress...YD clothes is highly preferred :p
- funny, witty & smart
- abs or at least firm stomach
- stubbleee on hot jaw line haha
- laid back

oh and dream guy would be
+ dark blue eyes .
yum.

but yeah good luck in finding that aye :L

lychnobity

HSC
Good face
Collarbone
Neck
Shoulders
Long dark hair put to one side of the neck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)