Where do HSC examiners come from (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
omg that thread title..

bound to get troll answers lol

but yeah I'm also curious

mreditor16

HSC
do you mean the supervisors or the people who set the exam?

HSC
HSC examiners - I think they can be anyone (teacher blah blah) not too sure though. People who set exams are unable to teach that subject for the year.

For 4u maths, I was told that the exams were made by Uni professors. (not to sure if correct though)

britaker

HSC
My Chemistry teacher said you have to teach the course for a consecutive number of years (can't remember how many). She was complaining because despite the fact she's been a teacher for about 1 million years, she's only done 2 consecutive years of chemistry and thus isn't eligible?

Wait I may have mixed that up with HSC marker. Idek man. idek.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
My Chemistry teacher said you have to teach the course for a consecutive number of years (can't remember how many). She was complaining because despite the fact she's been a teacher for about 1 million years, she's only done 2 consecutive years of chemistry and thus isn't eligible?

Wait I may have mixed that up with HSC marker. Idek man. idek.
That would be a Marker lol

Machiavelli1

HSC
HSC examiners - I think they can be anyone (teacher blah blah) not too sure though. People who set exams are unable to teach that subject for the year.

For 4u maths, I was told that the exams were made by Uni professors. (not to sure if correct though)
Nah i know one of the people who wrote the 4U paper this year (Family friend). She is just a normal teacher. I think they source them from various types of schools. ie catholic, private, comprehensive etc

HSC
nah i know one of the people who wrote the 4u paper this year (family friend). She is just a normal teacher. I think they source them from various types of schools. Ie catholic, private, comprehensive etc
and you didnt get any questions from her before hand?

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
HSC examiners are simply Martians that have no life whatsoever, sitting there watching us slowly crumble from stress and pressure. My examiners are from an Arabic speaking background, and they seriously do not give two shits when someone speaks, or they break the HSC examination rules. The reason why they don't do anything, is that I highly believe that they're scared of all the boys together, seems intimidating to them lel. They just say, "I can give you zero if you want?". They're also all female, and one of them is pretty hot as well, so much for distractions!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
HSC examiners are simply Martians that have no life whatsoever, sitting there watching us slowly crumble from stress and pressure. My examiners are from an Arabic speaking background, and they seriously do not give two shits when someone speaks, or they break the HSC examination rules. The reason why they don't do anything, is that I highly believe that they're scared of all the boys together, seems intimidating to them lel. They just say, "I can give you zero if you want?". They're also all female, and one of them is pretty hot as well, so much for distractions!
I helped supervise the BoS trials. Many people can confirm I am indeed a martian. I started showing up a bit too green and had to leave early.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Supervisors are not necessarily ex-teachers. The supervisors at my school over the last 20+ years have never been teachers but have been local people who are interested in helping out at the school - often parents of ex-students or even grandparents.

Examiners - those who set the exams - usually current teachers who have experience in teaching the subject but in the year/s that they are writing the paper they can't teach that course. The exam committees for the 2015 HSC have already had their first meeting I believe from something I heard from a colleague in the holidays.

Markers - current or very recent teachers of the subject. Should have at least a couple of years experience in teaching the subject although there can be exceptions (e.g. I started marking the first year I taught Year 12 and have marked every year since - until this year when I was 'rolled' due to over 20 years marking experience so am going to enjoy my first November to myself in over 20 years)

Judges - small group of markers who form the committee to do the aligning of the subjects to the bands.

Last edited:

IR

HSC
Bro, date er. Although you will have to wait a bit, depending on age.

mreditor16

HSC
Supervisors are not necessarily ex-teachers. The supervisors at may school over the last 20+ years have never been teachers but have been local people who are interested in helping out at the school - often parents of ex-students or even grandparents.

Examiners - those who set the exams - usually current teachers who have experience in teaching the subject but in the year/s that they are writing the paper they can't teach that course. The exam committees for the 2015 HSC have already had their first meeting I believe from something I heard from a colleague in the holidays.

Markers - current or very recent teachers of the subject. Should have at least a couple of years experience in teaching the subject although there can be exceptions (e.g. I started marking the first year I taught Year 12 and have marked every year since - until this year when I was 'rolled' due to over 20 years marking experience so am going to enjoy my first November to myself in over 20 years)

Judges - small group of markers who form the committee to do the aligning of the subjects to the bands.
this, this, this, this.

cem, you are the best :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)