Who else can't find work? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I've been looking for bar type work.

I put out 4 resumes with no response (other than one "no positions available").

Put out another 4 last thursday, went in to meet the manager on friday, got a trial shift on sunday (which I think went well, I can pour a beer now haha). They said they'd call me during the week so I think I've got a job now.

Hurrah!

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
For each position you apply. Write a long and detailed cover letter, saying why you are dieing for the job. What you offer...your skills and experiences.

You can write one and modified in some way for each different job.

Make it sound smick and perfect.

Make it compelling and deep! DEEP!

Its a the law of effect I tell ya. Tell them to give you a job NOW!

pjiggy

HSC
tutoring kids is THE job
its good pay,cash in hand and not as stressful.u just need to set up a syllabus ,get a lot of good resources,talk non-stop throughout the lesson.:D
ive been private tutoring 9 kids a week plus a class ever since my HSC ended a few months ago, which comes up to almost $200 a week
try it!
o and for jobs,a lot of the michels patisseries are looking at the moment...

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I've applied for about 25 positions online... I've handed out about 10 resumes, and I've walked around to about 15 more places to ask if they have any work available.

Not one callback. Not one place had anything available. So damn frustrating...
Anyone in the same position?
they never do. you always chase them up, ALWAYS

rajputsingh

HSC
You need to start at the bottom of the shit heap and work your way up. Start in hospitality or retail then move up to the indusrty where you actually want to have a career.

Flissty

Hicksville, between a mountain and a paddock full
HSC
I've been asking for less hours. Even making bullshit excuses so I can get a day off in the week.

But I do have over 4 years exp in 8 different jobs.

Bullshit some position, like data entry/ kitchenhand etc on your resume, and have a mature, well-spoken friend play the reference.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Opposite for me, juggling 2 jobs these holidays, probably will quit one after Uni starts up.

Epic

HSC
Apply to every McDonald's within a 50km radius. You will surely get employed.

SpoonSamba

HSC
GAH tomorrow morning i'm applying at the michels pattisserie near me cos i saw theyre hiring and i have an application being processed for a job as ward clerk where i have some connections and if neither of those work then im gonna start mugging school students.

the worst thing is not having the option of giving up cos i dnt even get centrelink shit. fuck this.

flaminwaffle

HSC
yeah, im having trouble finding work. i've applied to around 20 places online and i've only gotten rejections. But to be fair im not trying very hard. i haven't handed in anything in person and i have no plans for a cover letter. i'll settle for a shitty maccas job if im offered one ;)

Freakstyler09

HSC
Woah, dunno, maybe u need to work on ur resume more? or maybe it really is tough out there...
At any rate goodluck

One word. Maccas. They hire everyone, from the scum of the earth to uni students.[/quote]

Not these days, they want cheaper staff.

ashllis92

HSC
I recently got a job at mcdonalds kingsford over the road from uni, i was talking to the manager and he said the only reason they employed me over a 14 yo was because i had 3 years experience and one hell of a referee... so no, getting a job at maccas becomes exponentially harder with age...

musing

HSC
I'm losing hope at the same time whilst I'm reading this thread.

So far, I handed out resumes at 15 places at my local area.

:(

pman

Banned
HSC
epic pub crawl, 32 resumes handed in, 2 months later, not one job....I keep applyign everywhere and nothing has come up!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Woah, dunno, maybe u need to work on ur resume more? or maybe it really is tough out there...
At any rate goodluck

One word. Maccas. They hire everyone, from the scum of the earth to uni students.
Maccas said i was too old.

EDIT: I applied for NewStart so hopefully someone will hire me.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
if ur getting nothing, redo your resume and cover letter.

i did my resume/cover letter about 5 times in 2 month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)