Why are white people friendlier than asians, in general? (1 Viewer)

kyokaku92

HSC
In my personal experience Asians tend to be more reserved and they don't warm up to people they are not comfortable with. I know some people who are too "defensive" and when you try to engage in conversation, they either ignore you or just say a few words.

I'm Chinese and I quite like to think I'm approachable, outgoing and friendly.

bio_nut

HSC
In my personal experience Asians tend to be more reserved and they don't warm up to people they are not comfortable with. I know some people who are too "defensive" and when you try to engage in conversation, they either ignore you or just say a few words.

I'm Chinese and I quite like to think I'm approachable, outgoing and friendly.
Ignoring is just plain rude though, that's not just shy.

kyokaku92

HSC
Depends, how you interpret what they're thinking. They could be "ummm... is he a good guy or a bad guy or something" and you could think they don't want to talk to you so you leave feeling pissed.

bio_nut

HSC
Depends, how you interpret what they're thinking. They could be "ummm... is he a good guy or a bad guy or something" and you could think they don't want to talk to you so you leave feeling pissed.
It doesn't matter what they're thinking, people can't read minds and it's rude to just say nothing. Just mumble something polite, they don't have to have an actual conversation.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Sweeping generalization. I am an introvert and I ignore people I know on a daily basis. I do not do it to be rude.

bio_nut

HSC
Sweeping generalization. I am an introvert and I ignore people I know on a daily basis. I do not do it to be rude.
I don't mean that YOU have to initiate. I just mean if someone says hello to you, you say hi back, you don't just ignore them.

Otherwise, yes, you are introverted to the point of being rude.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I don't mean that YOU have to initiate. I just mean if someone says hello to you, you say hi back, you don't just ignore them.

Otherwise, yes, you are introverted to the point of being rude.
Sometimes when someone says hi you're so busy thinking about something else that by the time you've realized what's happened, they've passed you by and you think "ah shit, should have said hi, maybe they'll think I didn't hear em".

Or are you talking about situations where they are just standing there and you approach them with a friendly greeting and they stare at you stonily before turning away.

Some people are overwhelmed when strangers approach them, even in a friendly manner.

bio_nut

HSC
Sometimes when someone says hi you're so busy thinking about something else that by the time you've realized what's happened, they've passed you by and you think "ah shit, should have said hi, maybe they'll think I didn't hear em".

Or are you talking about situations where they are just standing there and you approach them with a friendly greeting and they stare at you stonily before turning away.

Some people are overwhelmed when strangers approach them, even in a friendly manner.
The first situation is still rude, except accidently, I do this a lot by accident caught in my own thoughts. I still feel bad, as I didn't do it to be rude, but it IS how it comes across.

I was more referring to the second sitation, yeah.

And whether they've overwhelmed or not, it's still rude. I used to be very introverted, you have to learn to get over it and just speak out, as awful as it seems.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
The asians at my school were so fucking rude. never made an effort to mingle with us, if we spoke to them in class, or god forbid be NICE to them, they gave us that funny blank stare all asians can give.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
The asians at my school were so fucking rude. never made an effort to mingle with us, if we spoke to them in class, or god forbid be NICE to them, they gave us that funny blank stare all asians can give.
Pardon? but how do you get from this to demanding that 'the slanted eyes' must be cleansed? That is what I dont understand, and that is what makes incoherent bigots like you feel tough, isnt it? knowing that, if it was up to you, Asians wouldn't have any rights.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Pardon? but how do you get from this to demanding that 'the slanted eyes' must be cleansed? That is what I dont understand, and that is what makes incoherent bigots like you feel tough, isnt it? knowing that, if it was up to you, Asians wouldn't have any rights.
yeah I totally agree like

MetroMattums

HSC
It's a result of the culture that most Asian parents impose on their children...

HSC
It's just their culture I guess.
And yes they don't mingle, and a lot of them laugh at everything when it's not even funny, and they're mostly like ^____^
BUT I wouldn't generalise and stereotype though.

However...judging from experience...

In primary school, I was in the gifted & talented classes for four years, so I was the only Arab among all the Asians, and they used to treat me like shit!

They always marginalised me, left me out, and looked down on me and thought I wasn't as smart as them because I wasn't Asian. There were a few nice ones, but I knew a lot of them laughed at me behind my back. I hated class because of them, but I just kept to myself. The lonely Arab in the dark corner. :(

And they were always like 'cooties, cooties!' and giggle with each other and talk about pokemon, and I would be like 'what the hell...I WANNA GO HOME!' in my head.

Anyway, I'd escape them at lunch and recess and hang out with my Arab peeps, and we'd eat our pita bread sandwiches together.

Idk. I would never generalise though. It was unfortunate that I was in a class for many years full of really rude ones, and I still come across lots of snobby ones, but I've met some cool/alright ones too...they keep to their own, and so be it. I'm not going to get involved with people who aren't going to be open.

A lot of us connected on facebook last year, and I looked at their pages and was like HA, my life is better than yours lol.

Last edited:

boganxcore

HSC
“Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, beleaguer them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war”(Koran 9:5)

omg this is sooo0o0o polite lulz

HSC
“Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, beleaguer them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war”(Koran 9:5)

omg this is sooo0o0o polite lulz
hoax internet verse.

Hang on...

"Disrespect those who are anothereth coloureth to heaven-lee white. eth. Slaughter teh olives and teh blacks derp derp"(Bible 2.0)

Just w8 for it to go viral.

boganxcore

HSC
are they really hoax? what about these:

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"If you do not fight, He will punish you sternly, and replace you by other men." (Surah 9:37-)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

please dont kill me for being christian l0lolol

HSC
The threads some people make, seriously :S

The funniest thing which caught me eye though, was the fact that this was in the "love-relationships' section ^^ HAHAH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)