• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
they are definitely expecting at least 95 from the amount of work i've put in but wouldn't be kicked out if otherwise

not.addie

HSC
two years ago, a girl at my school got 98.5.
her dad made her repeat.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
not.addie said:
two years ago, a girl at my school got 98.5.
her dad made her repeat.
while i feel sorry for her, what a weak bitch for not standing up for herself

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
while i feel sorry for her, what a weak bitch for not standing up for herself
my thoughts exactly.

how can you MAKE a person of that age repeat?

not.addie

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
my thoughts exactly.

how can you MAKE a person of that age repeat?
thats what we all thought as well...but the bizarre thing was that she actually agreed with her parents. she didn't make it into the medicine course so she saw herself as a failure.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
not.addie said:
thats what we all thought as well...but the bizarre thing was that she actually agreed with her parents. she didn't make it into the medicine course so she saw herself as a failure.
I wonder why she felt like a failure? *cough* parents living dreams through children *cough*

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Nope! lol

But the only thing is, I may not end up enjoying our family vacation overseas though! :(
It may have an effect....but hopefully I'll do heaps well. :D

Advv

HSC
not.addie said:
-____-; Jeez. Honestly, does she have issues? Not making it into Medicine does not equal failure. It's not like the only good career out there is Medicine anyway. With her UAI, she could've done almost anything she wanted.

I know I'm not her and I don't think the same way but I can't see why someone would repeat the whole HSC course again just for Medicine.

Just out of curiosity, was she Asian?

Crates

Banned
HSC
Hagaren said:
If i don't get into uni i will be kicked out of home.
Really? Your parents will literally send you packing if you achieve a 'below-par' UAI? Insanity.

SimonLee13

HSC
As if you'll get booted out. If so, I expect to see a lot of asians on the streets eh.

madamecabaret

HSC
i pride myself on being realistic, and the course for media at sydney uni is 98. so, knowing I wasn't going to reach that kind of mark, i didn't put it on the UAC. my dad yelled at me for being pessimistic and dragging myself down. I think both my parents are shit scared that i'll get anything lower than a 98, and i wouldn't be surprised if they did kick me out. if not that, then they'd give me a huge lecture on responsibility and how disappointed they are in me.

first child in the family doing the hsc, woop de fucking do :angry:

henry08

HSC
N/A
Yes, I will be booted if I don't get a UAI of 100 or more.

lauraamarie

HSC
It's actually illegal to be kicked out of home, no matter what age. If there is substantial proof to show that you cannot support yourself..

:uhhuh:

Numbers

Banned
HSC
lauraamarie said:
It's actually illegal to be kicked out of home, no matter what age. If there is substantial proof to show that you cannot support yourself..

:uhhuh:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sweetheart, your parents are free to boot you out of the house after you turn 18. Sorry to break it to you. :rolleyes:

GET FREE

HSC
I consider myself lucky as all my parents want me to do is the best that I can in the HSC. They'll be content with whatever I get just as long as they know that I put in some effort.

But I think threatening your kid if they don't get a particular mark is just ridiculous.

If they got a really low UAI because they just gave up and said 'fuck the system' then it'd be understandable if the parents were angry, but even then, wanting to kick them out just becasue of that is absurd.

Unless your friend sells his Mum's jewellry to pay for a habit and is secretly a hitman or something, I can't understand why his parents would want to get rid of him.

Are they really that uptight on his success? Obviously if they're expecting a high 90's rank, he's been getting decent marks at school, so it can't be as though this threat is a last straw or anything.

I just can't understand why someone's parents would be so serious about this. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)