• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Idol (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so why is simon the 'main' judge? coz he's the mean american? as in, the mean one is the main one, and americans are always the main ones

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hmm i guess he's just the dominating one out of the judges? *shrug* and i guess coz of his reputation as being harsh....

remember that we probably didn't get to hear all of the comments :p

Fry

i dont know if this is true or not but i think that every judge made a comment but they just edited out all the lame, boring ones and kept the controversial, juicy ones. since Simon always had something nasty to say, they kept his comments in to make the show more interesting. just my theory..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i really hope paulini auditions for aussie idol 2. as much as i think it's crap for people to do it twice, she totally deserves to win. and guy did deserve to win this one. just paulini has an amazing talent.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I hope that the guy from Germany wins, Alex ... he is soooooooooooooooooooo hot. I HATE Kelly and I hope that she looses!!!

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cape
I hope that the guy from Germany wins, Alex ... he is soooooooooooooooooooo hot. I HATE Kelly and I hope that she looses!!!
lmao, that german sucked soo bad

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
CRAP I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY POST FROM PG 19! i didn't even check the box though!!! hmm... but luckily i've got it on notepad [experience, "submit reply" doesn't work for me sometimes]:

agreed with lillaila: AUSSIES, DON'T VOTE AT ALL SO GUY CAN WIN :D

my thoughts:
germany: good voice.... but baaaad song choice, baaaad outfit, baaaaaaaaad dancing. he should've sung robbie williams, he sounded so good in the audition :p
netherlands: can't remember much about his performance, so i don't think i liked it much :D
south africa: cutie :) smooooth performance, i ADORE that song, but i was expecting more of a steven tyler performance than a smiley, happyface one.... he has a good chance, though.
poland she tried too hard :p
UK i'd never heard his voice before, but now i understand why the runner up is more famous than he is :p what was so great about his voice?! simon cowell, canada and the UK judge loved him... uh, but why? i agree with dicko, he said in an interview that the only exciting thing about will young is that he came out of the closet within weeks of winning pop idol.
USA probably guy's main competition. she was brilliant.
AUSTRALIAAAA!!! hmm don't think it was guy's best performance, and i was very worried about his arrangement of wodnerful world, but it was still brilliant, he was natural and the judges seemed to love it... :)

keep in mind that they might not've shown ALL the judge's comments on guy's performance.... there may've been some negative views too. though i guess if simon cowell said that he's got the best voice so far, that's definitely saying something :)

i'm wondering if each country sees exactly the same show.... or if it's edited slightly so that their idol gets good comments? *shrug* not that i'm saying guy wasn't great :D

the polish judge was cool! a bit wacked in the head, but yeah, i liked him :p and hey, he told guy he had a "great voice"!!

GO DICKO! "you have a voice of an angel but you look like a hobbit!" oh, what a classic. he's brilliant.

i'm so proud of guy, i don't know how good a chance he has because of kelly clarkson's popularity, but i do hope that they show who came 1st, 2nd, 3rd... or at least a runner up :)

Last edited:

Barbie_Bitch

OK...that German guy sucked and ppl only liked him coz he was hot!!! LOL...nah...i really liked the guy who sang Lithium but thats coz Nirvana is my favouritest band EVER so I'm biased...but in sense of their actual performances I thought it would have to come down to Guy, Kelly and Kurt, the last hobbit guy!!! They were all really good although I'm gonna have to say GO THE FRO!!! He really did us proud and I think he has a good shot at winning!!! Plus, if we Aussies don't stick together who will???

Last edited:

Fry

Originally posted by iambored
i really hope paulini auditions for aussie idol 2. as much as i think it's crap for people to do it twice, she totally deserves to win. and guy did deserve to win this one. just paulini has an amazing talent.
she deserves to win but she won't win. she's just not popular enough.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
that's true in a sense, but not in another. because they are ranking the votes, it means that you should try and get the unpopular people to have more votes, so they take over the ranks of worldwide popular people such as kelly.
yep!, that tru. so u gotta be smart if we want guy to win. to do this our best option is to vote 4 the ppl who we know wont get the votes (Germany, Belguim), and no votes for the popular ones (Kelly, Norway)

remember they come from small countries, so they could very well have been the best. that's why ameria's idols are so outstanding - the country has more people, therefore more competition
im not sure bout this, but our population jst reached 20 mill, so we're one of the smallest countries there, (if not then the smallest), but we still produced one of the favourites in the world idol comp

and was it jst me, or did ne body else find the hosts annoyin at times, sometimes i couldn't understand what they were sayin, some of there jokes were ok, but other jokes were lame

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
OMG....the WORST performer and Idol is the Belgium one....He looked like Meat Loaf.
Crap Voice, Crap look, and Crap Idol!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
OMG....the WORST performer and Idol is the Belgium one....He looked like Meat Loaf.
hahaha the one who had long hair and sung 'its okay, i shaved my hair'

ahahaha i found that funny...

bex

HSC
how weird was the polish judge?! and the girl was just as much of a fruitcake!- good voice tho..

i was really proud of guy!! wooo go aussie!! and yeah i agree with that judge.. he does look weird and i reckon its his eyebrows not the fro thats the prob.. theyre huge!! not fat, but long and flat.. i dunno..

Is it that all the judges said stuff and we were only shown some of their comments?? if thats the case i would like to see what some of the other judges had to say.. it seemed everything was about Dicko and the guys from poland, the usa and the uk.. the show obviously wasnt live..

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by bex
it seemed everything was about Dicko and the guys from poland, the usa and the uk.. the show obviously wasnt live..
yeah it was pre-recorded... a few days ago acutally
the announcement of the winner will be live
6.30am on jan 2... but they will repeat the show 7.30pm the same day..

im pretty sure u heard this :)

Barbie_Bitch

Originally posted by Survivor39
meh...thats sooo wrong....the Belgium guy didnt suck...he just sang a completely different kind of song well...he's definitely worthy of a band i just dont get why he's on an idol show...other than that i'd go mosh to him if he got some good songs and a band... and meat loaf??? have you seen meat loaf??? thats such an insult....he's more of a grungy look and that may be so 1990's but Kurt Cobain got away with it even after his death so yeah....but he's not gonna win I'll give you that...he didnt really fit in a competition called World Idol...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i missed it!! :( i got real drunk and forgot about it.

damn you family bbq, damn you

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I thought guys performance was dissapointing. The song he chose was alright but his version did not stand out at all.
The girl from Arabia or something, her performance was dull and boring as well.
The polish girls perfomance was good. She may have a chance I think
The guy with the long hair had a good voice, though I think he is most suited for a band, I know his already in a band, he reminded me a little of that guy from creeds voice
The south african guy was good, nice and talented.
The guy they called a hobbit was really good, his voice was great, i thought his version of beautful day was better than u2's
Kelly was good.
That german guy spoilt himself. He has a really good voice, though the song he chose didnt allow him to show how good his voice was. And his outfit and dancing sucked. He looked like he was prancing around the stage, but i think he could still have a chance because from his auditions which they showed he seemed really talented.
Will from the uk, was ok..
That guy with the glasses was alright too
Its gonna be interesting to see who wins. The competition is tough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)