• Yes

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.8%

• Total voters

yy

HSC
N/A
definitely abort. and for numerous reasons. i don't see the logic behind against early term abortion at all. just because it has the potential to life doesn't mean anything. sperm has the potential to become part of a foetus, so we shouldn't waste it? each egg has the potential to become part of a foetus, so women should be pregnant at all times?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i'm so against abortion. i think i can honestly say i would NEVER abort a child. ever. no matter what the circumstances are. although i CAN understand why women would chose to have one. im not trying to offend anyone who think its acceptable. this is just my opinion. i just couldnt ever do it. Im pretty sure that if i fell pregnant now, i'd have the support from so many people, including my parents. its not like the baby i would be choosing to have would live the most horrible life

SmokedSalmon

HSC
frezzel said:
I'm sure this thread has already been posted somewhere before, but just because i am curious, would you have an abortion?
Yes I would have an abortion if I fell pregnant today. I'm not at all interested in having my own children, I prefer to adopt... there are so many orphans in this world as it is. And besides, I'm young (20), I have university to complete, a fun and active life, I want to do so many things right now before I want to 'settle down' and look after children.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Master Yoda said:
i personally think its really selfish 4 all the girls saying that theyd keep the baby regardless of what the father thinks.....and that they'd just go on and have the baby anyway, and just free up the father from child support and all that

sure, u might think its the right thing to do now and not 'kill a child'. and the woman (in my opinion) definitely gets a say. but a 50% say

its not good for a kid to grow up not knowing their father or having a good parental relationship with them..........its also not good for the father if he has a kid he doesnt want, if he used contraception and everything and then didnt get a say in it

this is my opinion and its equally as valid as everyone else's......i just think it's incredibly selfish for a girl to keep a baby and bring it up in less than optimal circumstances, wen it screws up two lives in the process

however i can c how it could be a really tough thing killing ur own baby inside u so its obviously a subjective and pretty hard topic

i just personally dont think its the right thing to do, not to abort, if thats what the prospective dad wants

i use contraception and shit and if i found out any of the girls i was with were pregnant with my child and they wouldnt abort i dunno wot id do, its a pretty fucked up predicament really

but i think that unless both parents want to raise the kid then its an incredibly selfish thing to do to raise it without the dad, even if u think ur doing the right thing by it

thats my opinion.........not necessarily right but thats it anyway
but its not selfish to abort the child just because the father wants an abortion??? ultimately, the parents of the child should come to some agreement about whether to abort it or not. If they cannot agree, i'd say that the majority of people would say that it is up to the mother of he baby on what to do. It just happens that way. whatever happens to the baby, the mother goes through the worst.

HSC
wow i cant believe that more than 60% of voters would have an abortion.

dang

HSC
Master Yoda said:
yea there are two sides to the coin
that jsut happens to be the one i fall on
i just think a kid should be brought up wiht both parents wanting the kid...........if thats not the case, then i dont think it should be brought into the world
its not like you cant have babies later on when its planned and you're both ready anyway
so are u trying to say that if the father doesnt want the child and the mother does, then it should be aborted anyway?

karoooh

HSC
I'm pro-abortion as well and I have no judgement against people who have done it/will do it when the time arises, but I'm not sure if I could actually do it. If I didn't want a child in my life at a certain moment, because I wanted my career over a child, I might have the child and give it up for adoptio n or keep it... It would just have actually happen for me to actually know what I'd do...

As for rape, I don't know what I'd do. I'd abort the child because it was the result of a rape and I wouldn't be able to live through it and because it's not an actual baby yet, not a foetus. But I don't, it'd be because even if it's not a baby yet, it's still living thing, so if I had it, then I'd give it up for adoption, indefinately. Then again, who knows for sure.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i'm pro-choice

but while i used to say that i would have an abortion if i EVER got pregnant i'd probably have to think about it very hard these days. there's so many individual opinions and concerns that it'd be a very complex situation. more than likely though i would get an abortion.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Master Yoda said:
yes im saying exactly that

coz a kid comes from a sperm and an egg

it is equally the mother's and father's, which is y it is and should be equal

and in the case that the baby isnt wanted by eihter parent then it shouldnt be brought into the world, its not healthy 4 it's upbringing and its unfair to whoever the parent is that doesnt want it, and its unfair to the kid to bring it up with a parent that doesnt want them too
its not going to be fair to one person if the parents don't agree. people shouldn't be having sex if they aren't ready for the consequences.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Master Yoda said:
its a crock of shit

if the father wanted to keep the baby and the mum didnt, then she'd just go get an abortion and its all sorted

but if anyone swaps the situation aroundd they're suddenly sexist and arrogant
its because the mother has to carry it!!! the mother has to give birth to it! its NOT equal. the father gives the sperm, you are correct, but thats it!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I don't want to give birth to children, nor do I ever want to be pregnant. But I wouldnt mind adoption if my husband wanted them to.... as for abortion....

It really depends, right now I still have university and travelling and just so many things to do, Im a teenager (19) and Ive seen how teen mum's struggle. My child would have a crappy life and I would have one also. I'm still a virgin and plan to remain that way til... I dunno probably marriage.

Either way I dont want to be rasing a child on my own, and thats exactly what I would be doing if I got pregnant at the moment. However if I DID get pregnant before fulfilling my dreams etc... it would really depend on a lot of things i.e. how old I was, If he was gunna help support it, if I could still live MY life the way I have it planned... then yes I'd keep it...maybe.... I have tocophobia (not other peoples childbirth just mine) so I dunno how I'd cope mentally either.

I would DEFINATELY doit if it was effecting my health in a fatal way, or if I were raped and got preggers because of it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Master Yoda said:
its a crock of shit
if the father wanted to keep the baby and the mum didnt, then she'd just go get an abortion and its all sorted
but if anyone swaps the situation aroundd they're suddenly sexist and arrogant
The fact still remains that it is the woman's body - the issue should be discussed by both parties, but the final decision is and should always be the woman's alone (and no matter the decision she is more than entitled to the support of all involved).

Pierotte

HSC
Yes, and i wouldnt hesitate for even a second.

Theres no way i want a baby, not now, not for MANY years, if ever.

Its much better to have an abortion than have the baby and adopt it out, plus thats cruel (plus that involves giving birth and 5 moths of looking like a whale prior to that...)

alexialight

HSC
I don't think I could say for sure either way because so much depends on the situation. If I were raped, then I'd definately take the morning after pill without giving it a 2nd thought (practically having an abortion anyway). If I were in a steady relationship, I'd have to talk it over with my boyfriend, of course.

A friend of mine recently had an abortion several months after falling pregnant to her boyfriend of now over 2 years, without him even knowing that she was pregnant! In fact no-one knew, except for 2 friends of hers (me included). I can't tell you how much that sickened me because I would consider her boyfriend a friend of mine. They're still going out, but I can't imagine how he would react if he ever found out. So yes, I definately think that a decision should be made in consultation with the guy, but ultimately, it is the woman's choice as she is the one who's going to have to carry it and give birth to it!

karoooh

HSC
Pierotte said:
Yes, and i wouldnt hesitate for even a second.

Theres no way i want a baby, not now, not for MANY years, if ever.

Its much better to have an abortion than have the baby and adopt it out, plus thats cruel (plus that involves giving birth and 5 moths of looking like a whale prior to that...)
LOL

I used to think like that! And I still don't like kids that much! ESPECIALLY when their out with their parents at shopping centres on Saturdays... T_T

I don't want kids for a very long time either! And I used to say that I'd abort them if I was pregnant before 35 but I don't know so much anymore... You do raise some VERY good points though... Hehe, EXACTLY what I used to say! And sometimes, what I still do say! :p

I'm very adament about the 'no kids' thing before 35 - VERY. Career before babies! ME before babies! :p

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
In all honesty i'd like to have a lot of people here on the BOS forum aborted.

I'm still confused as to why post-birth abortion isn't acceptable in this day and age.

On a slightly more serious note, if my girlfriend were to fall pregnant it would be quickly and thoroughly aborted. I don't want her fucking up her life at such a young age. There's plenty of time to have children, but that time doesn't start until you hit your mid to late 20's.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Master Yoda said:
i personally think its really selfish 4 all the girls saying that theyd keep the baby regardless of what the father thinks.....and that they'd just go on and have the baby anyway, and just free up the father from child support and all that

but a 50% say

its not good for a kid to grow up not knowing their father or having a good parental relationship with them..........its also not good for the father if he has a kid he doesnt want, if he used contraception and everything and then didnt get a say in it

oh, right, if the woman decides to put aside her career and life to care for her child, she is the selfish one?
if a guy is fucked up enough to decide he wants nothing to do with his child, he is the selfish one. when anyone has sex, there is the potential consequence of falling pregnant. if you dont feel you could handle this consequence then dont fuck around!

and it is NOT a 50/50 decision. A guy does not own 50% of the womans body. If she feels she doesent want to murder her baby, then thats her choice.
I think that a child would prefer not knowing their father, to being dead.

and for the people saying they wouldnt want to bring a child into a financially unstable environment yad yada, what about adoption?

jennylim

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
oh, right, if the woman decides to put aside her career and life to care for her child, she is the selfish one?
if a guy is fucked up enough to decide he wants nothing to do with his child, he is the selfish one. when anyone has sex, there is the potential consequence of falling pregnant. if you dont feel you could handle this consequence then dont fuck around!

and it is NOT a 50/50 decision. A guy does not own 50% of the womans body. If she feels she doesent want to murder her baby, then thats her choice.
I think that a child would prefer not knowing their father, to being dead.

and for the people saying they wouldnt want to bring a child into a financially unstable environment yad yada, what about adoption?
*applauds*

definitely. i would have the child, and if i couldn't support him/her, adopt him/her out but keep up my contact details with the agency so if s/he wanted, s/he could find me.

however, i would always try my utmost to avoid that so i could be a mother to my baby...to hell with whether the guy wanted me to have an abortion, or didn't want to take responsibility. actually in that case it would probably be "to hell with him", too.

may i add that my uncle (well, half) is actually a child of rape, too - my grandmother was one of many malaysian women raped by a japanese soldier during WWII. he seems to be coping alright, and has a family of his own now...i dunno, you guys say it would fuck up the child's life in such blanket terms, when it may not necessarily be the case. all i can say is that for me personally, i would not consider abortion in any case.

Last edited:
HSC
Shell said:
its not going to be fair to one person if the parents don't agree. people shouldn't be having sex if they aren't ready for the consequences.
glad to know theres a smart one in the crowd

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Pierotte said:

who is it cruel to exactly?
i know someone whose adopted, she is perfectly well adjusted and loves her adoptive parents. I think shed much prefer that, than to be dead. (which she would have been if she had been aborted)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)