Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

albertcamus

HSC
Just curious, what's the point of scaling since (I assume) you all sat common assessment tasks?
Yeah the 'A' doesn't mean shit, it's just the rank that matters.

Can't see it as anything other than a morale booster for the students haha!

Coetez

HSC
One term left... wow hahaha
Still, it'll be good to finally get on with it. Burning out is for the weak.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah they must've changed it then... this year both were out of 25. Do you remember how you went? haha
Got 20/20 for Othello (apparently Curic distributed my 'shitty' essay to her class) and 23/25 for EE1 Gothic essay.

Pretty much the only time I killed English :haha: (Not doing as great now, as I was back in Year 11, for English + MX1)

Surprisingly enough, my Physics has improved since Year 11 at the cost of my deterioration in maths.

Eco + Business have stayed quite consistent though.

There's so much learning/revising/memorising to do during these holidays for all my subjects. :(
Dw bro, it's not that intense.

I last minuted nearly most things in Year 11 e.g. memorising English essays last minute or looking at Business/Physics textbook the night before (only consistently studied for MX1 + Economics) and still survived. In fact, my Year 11 half yearly report was pretty much similar to my Year 11 yearly report. (A in everything except a B in Physics)

I pretty much did barely anything during Year 11 holidays.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
There's so much learning/revising/memorising to do during these holidays for all my subjects. :(
Optimistically, you could compare your situation to the year 12s who are about to confront their trials in ~2 weeks so it's not too bad :) (as enoilgam mentioned)

Break up study sessions to manageable bits - study for 2 hours, go for a 15 minute jog, another 2 hours..rinse and repeat. You'll do fine!

Capo

HSC
Got 20/20 for Othello (apparently Curic distributed my 'shitty' essay to her class) and 23/25 for EE1 Gothic essay.

Pretty much the only time I killed English :haha: (Not doing as great now, as I was back in Year 11, for English + MX1)

Surprisingly enough, my Physics has improved since Year 11 at the cost of my deterioration in maths.

Eco + Business have stayed quite consistent though.

Dw bro, it's not that intense.

I last minuted nearly most things in Year 11 e.g. memorising English essays last minute or looking at Business/Physics textbook the night before (only consistently studied for MX1 + Economics) and still survived. In fact, my Year 11 half yearly report was pretty much similar to my Year 11 yearly report. (A in everything except a B in Physics)

I pretty much did barely anything during Year 11 holidays.
Yep and i happen to be in her class this year :D I know who you are now :)

deloving

HSC
Optimistically, you could compare your situation to the year 12s who are about to confront their trials in ~2 weeks so it's not too bad :) (as enoilgam mentioned)

Break up study sessions to manageable bits - study for 2 hours, go for a 15 minute jog, another 2 hours..rinse and repeat. You'll do fine!
2 hours straight not sure if serious can we have it the other way around

mrs_missile

HSC
Currently doing:
Business Studies
Economics
Biology
Maths
Physics
English Standard

Planning on dropping physics for the hsc..gud idea or not?

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Currently doing:
Business Studies
Economics
Biology
Maths
Physics
English Standard

If I were in your position, I would actually keep it until the half yearlies in year 12 then look at my performance to see whether it is a good idea to drop it or not. You never know, you could do better in the year 12 course and it's always good to have a back-up subject.

enoilgam

HSC
If I were in your position, I would actually keep it until the half yearlies in year 12 then look at my performance to see whether it is a good idea to drop it or not. You never know, you could do better in the year 12 course and it's always good to have a back-up subject.
This pretty much - it's always good to keep your options open and experience a subject at the HSC level before deciding on whether to drop it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Currently doing:
Business Studies
Economics
Biology
Maths
Physics
English Standard

I would wait till the end of the year results first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)