Uni Grad
^ hehe sky

100.00 UAI is the limit in regards to HSC

lol I'm just kidding around :)

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
hey everyone,
i was just thinking how would you study for prac exams?? i have a prac exam comming up n i dont no how to study it 4 chem
thnks
Know how to write up a report i.e what makes an experiment reliable, accurate etc.

xtcy

HSC
hahaha yuk look at the OP's sig

umm idk i just study whenever i feel the need to or i don't understand the work

tehrobzorz

HSC
hey everyone,
i was just thinking how would you study for prac exams?? i have a prac exam comming up n i dont no how to study it 4 chem
thnks

A good idea to study for those is to have a portfolio of all your practicals so you can refer back to them. I don't know how your science is taught, but generally when we have practicals, we have to write up a report and hand it in then we get feedback etc.. so if you're not getting feedback i suggest you start!

I hope that made some sense? =X

goodluck! :wave:

Lucifer8745

HSC
;) Study smart, not hard.

In terms of UAI, I didn't do that well. The only reason I got into my course is 'cause they had additional selection criteria (ie. interview) that I aced.

I got 98.5, which is a lot lower than the median UAI for UNSW med but you'll find that quite a few people got UAIs a bit lower than mine and still got in.
how can you say that you didnt do well with a UAI that good??? id say i did well if i got 80+

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
maths is the only subject i find needs to be 'studied' for
even then its really just exercises

shazAmM_x3

HSC
im in yr11 now ; and wot i do is :
- i usually get home around 3:30 - 4:00 so i relax for an hour, eat something. msn/net shower w/e.

- after that hour i do 30minute blocks of work. First i do Math. then 30mintues of English. Do some of my assignments & homeowork for about an hour. then take a break and eat dinner. watch tv w/e. leisure time.

- then i go over my class notes & maybe simplify some of them. 30minutes each subject.

. If yu want, straight after school yoyu can go through your notes for the day & refresh yur mind. & the night before go through your notes for the next day.

on Sunday i go through my planner and make sure im pretty up to date with most assignments & h/w.

If you dont have a planner BUY ONE !

Gunner_Fly

HSC
I do no regular study at all. I do what I like after school, hang with mates, play sport, then get home at around 7pm. From there, I sit down, and get all my homework done in one block. Doesn't matter if it takes me 30 minutes or four hours all up. Because I divide my day into work and play, and once its 7pm and dark out and I can't "play", there's nohing to do but work.

Its really helpful not watching regular television either, I found that since I stopped a while ago im having a much better time doing my work.

Oh by the way, the only time I ever study is the night before any class test we have, or around 2 weeks before major exams. And I seem to be doing alright.

*Make sure you get enough sleep so that when you are in class you are awake engouh to take it all in, then there really should be no point in daily study and going over your notes.*

K

khorne

Do you actually have to study everyday? OMGGGG
How do you think a majority of people getting High UAI's did it? Through magic?

Regular study is great! You have a pattern all ready for the HSC, you get all your work done, and your understanding of the topic is very strong. Plus, you can accelerate studying by yourself, and strengthen weaker topics.

pillar

HSC
Seems like quite a few people in Year 11 are already starting to get into the pattern of regular study. I dunno, I don't really find it that neccessary yet because I'm disillusioned by the fact that within my school I still do really well with only cramming a bit the night before..

Might start stepping it up a bit with Maths/MX1. That would probably be the best subject to really get a thorough understanding of in Year 11, wouldn't it?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Seems like quite a few people in Year 11 are already starting to get into the pattern of regular study. I dunno, I don't really find it that neccessary yet because I'm disillusioned by the fact that within my school I still do really well with only cramming a bit the night before..

Might start stepping it up a bit with Maths/MX1. That would probably be the best subject to really get a thorough understanding of in Year 11, wouldn't it?
Well maths is the most obvious, because 30% of hsc maths can come from preliminary, but I think its important for other subjects as well. Chemistry certainly builds on prelim knowledge.. Other subjects with completely different contents may be easier to pick up on in yr 12, but you should still be practising the skills this year, such as writing essays and refining study techniques.

pillar

HSC
Yeah, I'll probably step it up to like an hour of Maths study a night soon. Probably Chem/Physics as well. Anyone have an idea of how much Bio builds on prelim knowledge, or is it basically just new topics?

suzlee

HSC
Yeah, I'll probably step it up to like an hour of Maths study a night soon. Probably Chem/Physics as well. Anyone have an idea of how much Bio builds on prelim knowledge, or is it basically just new topics?

Apparently it's possible to do HSC bio without knowing any prelim content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)