• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I feel like my performance in all my subjects has an inverse relationship. I do well in one thing, and go down in another. I rectify not doing well in sem 2 and I go down in the subjects i did well in sem 1.

Aysce

HSC
Guys for my creative, I've included the use of some French words in order to make the story seem more...realistic. But, how can I convey the translation of these words whilst still maintaining a nice rhythm/flow? I've just done the English translation in brackets - is this good enough?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Guys for my creative, I've included the use of some French words in order to make the story seem more...realistic. But, how can I convey the translation of these words whilst still maintaining a nice rhythm/flow? I've just done the English translation in brackets - is this good enough?
Yes - should be fine.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't have the translation. If it doesn't make sense contextually with the french, then use the English. Sacrificing clarity for realism is not the way to go.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guise are we allowed to do this for auxiliary angles rather than expanding it out using the compound angle expansions?

http://i.imgur.com/2wiXG.jpg
Yes, I've seen a lot of students use that way. I still stick to the expanding it out, using the compound angle expansions to ensure that I'm doing it right (surprising for a r0ter like myself though). It may be slow but it's what I'm comfortable with.

@Everyone else: I need help with Exercise 9J Question 21. b. in the Year 11 Cambridge book.

bleakarcher

HSC
Yes, I've seen a lot of students use that way. I still stick to the expanding it out, using the compound angle expansions to ensure that I'm doing it right (surprising for a r0ter like myself though). It may be slow but it's what I'm comfortable with.

@Everyone else: I need help with Exercise 9J Question 21. b. in the Year 11 Cambridge book.
PQ is tangent to x^2=2ay so solve simultaneously x^2=2ay and y=(1/2)[p+q]x-apq to form a quadratic equation and set the discriminant of the quadratic equal to 0.

Aysce

HSC
Don't have the translation. If it doesn't make sense contextually with the french, then use the English. Sacrificing clarity for realism is not the way to go.
Okay - thanks for the advice.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Are there any good websites on how to write a smashing creative?

Because for my trials, creative was quite low and I was actually surprised to be honest. My teacher really liked it but another teacher marked mine and though I understand her feedback, I was a bit concerned...

Bianca Laurens

HSC
Hello everyone. Very interesting website. Don't know how I wasn't aware of it during my HSC year.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Nonsense Thread

Yes - very true - only disadvantages are that the travel is quite a bit, the lessons go on for only 1 hour (but because he makes everything intuitive, we get through stuff quicker) and he's pretty expensive, but the 1-1 nature, his tutoring knowledge, tricks of HSC papers, explaining ability and his ability to make maths fun is priceless.
price rate?

I find TIPPS expensive even though it's only 20 an hour. But then again, 3U + 4U = 4 hours so 80 bucks a week. And in a holiday week, you'd have to attend a holiday lesson for both so per holiday week is like.... 160 a week.....

Not to mention Physics tutoring as well.... Still deciding whether to go English tutoring or not...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Nonsense Thread

Rivalry, did you go to UNSW open day?

Is it today or tomorrow where you're packed with tutoring?
nope.

Tomorrow - 3U & 4U - Basically, it's like another school day.... nearly...

It's not packed as it could possibly be cause Physics is on Thursday night now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)