• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yr 11 performance (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
foram said:
I'm going to have to do so much more work over the holiday to keep at the top of my subjects, i shouldn't have been slacking off so much, only Math, Chemistry and Economics have been in the 90's so far, that means i'm going to have to fix this by studying ...:read: :read: :read: ...:D
I hope to do the same :).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
i meant standard deviation, as telling everyone on this forum you got 99% in a test and getting lauded for it is meaningless if everyone else got 100%. so even if your school is your standard, each individual test is different, hence saying congratulations without knowing the statistics of the test is invalid...
Sorry, I thought it mean StanDard. For my results, I have vaguely commented on how I got exam results that are over 20% above average.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
i meant standard deviation, as telling everyone on this forum you got 99% in a test and getting lauded for it is meaningless if everyone else got 100%. so even if your school is your standard, each individual test is different, hence saying congratulations without knowing the statistics of the test is invalid...
The average S.D for our exams was around 12... :/

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah92 said:
3 unit maths is pretty tough, yeah?
Depends. I am actually cruising really well through the course even though I am doing HSC Mathematics Extension 1 which is like few times harder than Preliminary Extension 1 which is like a joke if I look at it now.

To do that, I put enormous amount of time. As lisarh said, investment into studying pays the most interest.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Depends. I am actually cruising really well through the course even though I am doing HSC Mathematics Extension 1 which is like few times harder than Preliminary Extension 1 which is like a joke if I look at it now.

To do that, I put enormous amount of time. As lisarh said, investment into studying pays the most interest.
Yr 11 math is definately a joke. Its all laid back and relaxed... but then you get hit with yr 12 projectile motion, and you have to learn a whole bunch of weid looking formulars, and then you realise you can just derive them, and it's really not very hard at all, and you can learn the whole topic very quickly although you should still memorise the formulars to save time.

Yr 12 is mostly harder, although inverse trig doesn't really seem hard apart from that graph y=cos(sin^-1 x) question my friend showed me.
lolz, i know how to do it now though. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
Yr 11 math is definately a joke. Its all laid back and relaxed... but then you get hit with yr 12 projectile motion, and you have to learn a whole bunch of weid looking formulars, and then you realise you can just derive them, and it's really not very hard at all, and you can learn the whole topic very quickly although you should still memorise the formulars to save time.

Yr 12 is mostly harder, although inverse trig doesn't really seem hard apart from that graph y=cos(sin^-1 x) question my friend showed me.
lolz, i know how to do it now though. :D
True. In my opinion, mathematical application of physics is the hardest topic of entire Extension 1.

P.S. I didn't know you were accelerated in Extension 1. How do you know projectile motion???

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'll stick to projectile motion in Physics. :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I didn't know you were accelerated in Extension 1. How do you know projectile motion???
Remember, my tutor covered all of 2U and 3U math with me, including all of the prelim and HSC course.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
In general, I am happy with what I have achieved in this term. I will try harder next term and turn all the ranks around.

foram said:
Remember, my tutor covered all of 2U and 3U math with me, including all of the prelim and HSC course.
Yeah, forgot about that. But you are doing Preliminary 3 Unit right now aren't you?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, forgot about that. But you are doing Preliminary 3 Unit right now aren't you?
yea, im only accelerated in 2u because its the only course my school offers acceleration in, not that it will matter once i do 4u math :D

I find that school teaches much too slow, and i get bored easily, so i decided to learn at my own speed with a private tutor :D

lisarh

HSC
lyounamu said:
As lisarh said, investment into studying pays the most interest.
Damn right. :)
Even though you guys are so smart, you still strive to your full potential. An extremely admirable conduct.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
foram said:
apparently i came fourth in 2U math with 90%, although the teacher assured me that it would be scaled over 95%. 90% in a 2U test is pretty dissapointing, although i feel sorry for all those year 12's that i beat, because some of them were crying after the test, so they failed harder than me.

I'm going to have to do so much more work over the holiday to keep at the top of my subjects, i shouldn't have been slacking off so much, only Math, Chemistry and Economics have been in the 90's so far, that means i'm going to have to fix this by studying ...:read: :read: :read: ...:D
impressive... When you try to study:read: do you ever find yourself procastinating?
I find it so hard to concentrate ==" so annoying.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
adidasboy said:
impressive... When you try to study:read: do you ever find yourself procastinating?
I find it so hard to concentrate ==" so annoying.
i procrastinate a lot. i procrastinated so much, i ended up having to write a 7min english speech during class, and i didn't end up finnishing it, so i had to improvise half my speech, and it was soo bad, i'm sure i'm getting less than 25% in that. oops.

I've also never studied much, because I cruise though school by doing very little work, but this year since everybody else working hard, i've needed to start studying, else i won't be at the top anymore.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
i procrastinate a lot. i procrastinated so much, i ended up having to write a 7min english speech during class, and i didn't end up finnishing it, so i had to improvise half my speech, and it was soo bad, i'm sure i'm getting less than 25% in that. oops.

I've also never studied much, because I cruise though school by doing very little work, but this year since everybody else working hard, i've needed to start studying, else i won't be at the top anymore.
Your attitude needs to change. Preferably before we go back to school next term. :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I was telling myself that last year :rolleyes:
Yeah - been there, done that. Back in Year 9 - for the SRP, we had about two terms to do it. My friend and I kept going: "We'll start this weekend". We did that for about a term and two weeks. :p

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aerath said:
Yeah - been there, done that. Back in Year 9 - for the SRP, we had about two terms to do it. My friend and I kept going: "We'll start this weekend". We did that for about a term and two weeks. :p
Oh damn... I've been doing that for ages now... :(

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
Sarah182 said:
I thought I was doing really well till the exam and now I'm not so confident MUST STUDY MORE!!:read: :read:
Same with me! What topic was your exam based on? Mine was Trigonometry, so the day before I studied for about 5 hours straight, and to be honest I don't think it did me any good, I'm expecting to get less than 20%...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)