2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Cheers.

Good luck everybody. About 39 weeks of school left, no?

Anyone stressing already? 'cause I'm so relaxed it's not even funny, when I see people stressing or being all serious I just laugh.
I was super chill-my parents weren't sure if it was a good or bad thing because my sister did really well being an absolute psycho, my brother was chill and didn't do well...luckily I selected my sister's marks with my bro's attitude (third child has the best blend). They were particularly like ummmm you've been in Africa a month and have trials now and a MW due and you're still relatively chill.

Aw LoveHateSchool <3 It doesn't feel like so long, I can't believe we've already started the HSC course.

Yeah, what a great practical foundation for my med chem degree... /endsacasm
Oh yes I didn't reply to your visitor message...but I'm surprised your school only has one copy of showcase. I recommend borrowing lots of copies of it and reading all the poetry in it. And gl, my sister did poetry for her major work back in the day.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Modern you don't wrote the syllabus though-you don't need to know every fact.

Some of you have been posting for ages and are on this thread in yr 12 and naw I'm sentimental. Like SuchSmallHands, Kurosaki, BLIT2014, deloving, rumbleroar and people like Fawun/Demento that don't post anymore-I'm cheering y'all all on.
:inlove: hehehe thank you ^o^

celtics

HSC
Cheers.

Good luck everybody. About 39 weeks of school left, no?

Anyone stressing already? 'cause I'm so relaxed it's not even funny, when I see people stressing or being all serious I just laugh.
Haha im kinda freaking out, just workload wise cause i've been cruising all through school so far. Little bit premature but we'll see how it goes

Haruka

HSC
My main concern atm is Music... mostly because I'm not your typical Music student (no formal vocal training, narrow tastes, not planning to have anything to do with it in the future). Had to bullshit my way through the course because reading music does not come naturally to me at all. Not stressed about English at all, though, since I don't do too badly and have already found one of my related texts, and have already got an idea of my visual rep.

Anyone else gotten the talk about jerseys yet, and decided on a name? My school lets us put anything on the back as long as it's not dirty, so I've got it down to two choices: Shin-nichi (means a non-Japanese person interested in Japanese culture) and Hideyoshi (my hero from Japanese history). They've given us three design choices. Personally, I like the old-school rugby jerseys best, but everyone else probably disagrees.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
My main concern atm is Music... mostly because I'm not your typical Music student (no formal vocal training, narrow tastes, not planning to have anything to do with it in the future). Had to bullshit my way through the course because reading music does not come naturally to me at all. Not stressed about English at all, though, since I don't do too badly and have already found one of my related texts, and have already got an idea of my visual rep.

Anyone else gotten the talk about jerseys yet, and decided on a name? My school lets us put anything on the back as long as it's not dirty, so I've got it down to two choices: Shin-nichi (means a non-Japanese person interested in Japanese culture) and Hideyoshi (my hero from Japanese history). They've given us three design choices. Personally, I like the old-school rugby jerseys best, but everyone else probably disagrees.
I did music in Year 11 and a bit of Year 12, and it's quite similar to analysing visual representations in English, except using sounds.

I like the 1st name better. The second one sounds too much like the word 'hideous'.

guys the wifi went out at our school and the whole school went into shutdown mode.
Haha, just goes to show how reliant we are now on technology.

Haruka

HSC
Carrotsticks said:
I like the 1st name better. The second one sounds too much like the word 'hideous'
I had that reservation about it too. Shin-nichi, though, sounds like Shinichi, which is a guy's name in Japan... so maybe neither of them are that good. I don't want anything related to my name on there, since I don't think my name really fits me (it's one of those old-fashioned names, since my parents are Inner West hipsters) and don't identify with it at all. No idea what else to put, though. Something related to Japanese culture would be nice, but it might come across as an anime-fan thing when it isn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Fiend v1.0.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure we'd not be able to access some classrooms if the electricity failed :O

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Also for those who are doing senior science are you enjoying it?

Haruka

HSC
Anyone else's school have that system where a teacher is chosen to be your mentor? (to discuss your progress, concerns about the HSC, subjects etc.) I'm happy with the teacher I ended up with, since it was exactly who I expected. If anyone else here is at a school that does this, what do you think of yours?

turnthepageoftime

HSC
Anyone else's school have that system where a teacher is chosen to be your mentor? (to discuss your progress, concerns about the HSC, subjects etc.) I'm happy with the teacher I ended up with, since it was exactly who I expected. If anyone else here is at a school that does this, what do you think of yours?
I wish we did this! We have 'tutor groups' with 18 or so people in each, and a teacher, but we've had that since Y7. It sounds really good, but not so much if you get a 'bad' teacher...

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Not really, we have a year adviser but we're not personally assigned a specific teacher.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Our school will start doing that! I'm hoping I can pick teachers, because there's some I realllllly reallllllllly want haha! Especially since they're no longer my teacher. I think it's a great program, because you need to talk to people and take a break from school sometimes.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Our school will start doing that! I'm hoping I can pick teachers, because there's some I realllllly reallllllllly want haha! Especially since they're no longer my teacher. I think it's a great program, because you need to talk to people and take a break from school sometimes.
P. you can't pick teachers hehehehe.

bluecrisps

HSC
i have this awesome system where i mentor myself to get stuff wrong :p

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yeah we have this, but we choose the mentor.

Sheep_Stacker

HSC
I got my textbooks in the mail, they came in a massive box and on the bottom was Chem MORE THAN TWICE the size of the prelim textbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)