RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Phew

I take comfort in that

But I've put those days behind me

I'm going to prepare well before HSC comes around

Also I wanted to ask you how there was a massive difference in your eco internal and external? Did you study extremely hard from post-trials to HSC? Was it easier than your schools exams? What did you change from post-trials to HSC? Apologies for all the questions I was just really curious :hat:
The thing is, my internals were much better than my externals. Primarily thanks to my cohort which was particularly strong at the top.

For me, I underperformed in externals - primarily because I totally bombed out in MC (I think I got around 12/20 when I'd usually get 18-19/20) for the HSC exam.

For trials, I got low 90s raw/100 for Economics (came 2nd for trials and overall was 3rd internally) but in the HSC, I got an exam mark of 89 (that's aligned - so my raw mark was most likely low or mid 80s).

I wouldn't say that I slacked off for Economics. I think Economics was the subject which I put the most effort into (even more than Business Studies, which ended up being my best subject, or Extension 2 Mathematics). I think I just had a bad day for Economics (yes, bad days do exist).

The HSC exam and my trials were similar, but I guess I found the MC tougher in the HSC exam.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
The thing is, my internals were much better than my externals. Primarily thanks to my cohort which was particularly strong at the top.

For me, I underperformed in externals - primarily because I totally bombed out in MC (I think I got around 12/20 when I'd usually get 18-19/20) for the HSC exam.

For trials, I got low 90s raw/100 for Economics (came 2nd for trials and overall was 3rd internally) but in the HSC, I got an exam mark of 89 (that's aligned - so my raw mark was most likely low or mid 80s).

I wouldn't say that I slacked off for Economics. I think Economics was the subject which I put the most effort into (even more than Business Studies, which ended up being my best subject, or Extension 2 Mathematics). I think I just had a bad day for Economics (yes, bad days do exist).

The HSC exam and my trials were similar, but I guess I found the MC tougher in the HSC exam.
Oh I thought it was the other way around, my bad :/

Yeah a similar thing happened to my brother, he was ranked third in the internal exams and got 92 but performed poorly in the external exam and ended up with an 89 overall :/

I think that this is my biggest fear for HSC Physics; when you read through the SA questions you have to have a really good conceptual understanding (i.e. No rote) and on top of that the key verb in the question can put you off like that time they asked for the "features" of the aether and many people interpreted "feature" as being synonymous with "properties"

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Same here. From assessments 1-3 maths ext for me was outscaling business but after the maths ext trial I'm not so sure anymore :lol:
I've yet to do my business trial but pretty unprepared for that hehehahahah *dies*
At this rate I have no idea what's going to count.

Actual question: how much time would you business people dedicate to studying case studies for the long response (like e.g. 3hours? only after I do all content?) I have today only to study for business, I haven't finished reading through my notes and fuark it's gonna take ages. All I've done is:
- few sets of MC questions (mistakes made due to things I didn't know due to not studying OTL)
- briefly glanced over a few short answers
- Sorted out the syllabus dotpoints into: stuff I can ditch if i run out of time, stuff I need to review, stuff I'm fked for. Rn I've been slowly going through the latter two lists

Should i just fk the case study and make up stats?
You can make up reasonable sounding stats,didn't memorise any statistics for business at all.Not worth spending time on at this stage of the game.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Would it be a major risk to go and learn your own option topic for science? I dont feel we are progressing very far with our current option in biology (Communications) and I figured genetics might be a better option. Im not entirely sure whether I should go through with it though..

Flop21

HSC
Would it be a major risk to go and learn your own option topic for science? I dont feel we are progressing very far with our current option in biology (Communications) and I figured genetics might be a better option. Im not entirely sure whether I should go through with it though..
Communications is so easy. Just do communications. You pretty much just have to rote learn it. There's not really any complicated ideas in the topic, whereas genetics is more complicated because you have to really understand the ideas and concepts on top of rote learning.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Communications is so easy. Just do communications. You pretty much just have to rote learn it. There's not really any complicated ideas in the topic, whereas genetics is more complicated because you have to really understand the ideas and concepts on top of rote learning.
That is quite true too actually. Although genetics seems more difficult, a lot of it seems to relate to blueprint of life.
We've probable covered about half of Communications properly at school, I suppose I may as well just continue it?
Is it true the option topics scale though? Apparently communications doesn't scale too well.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Waot

I find finance one of the more easier topics - I got 28 / 30 and I studied 3 hours before the exam (Don't judge me please I suck at business)

That also got me wondering though

What were your marks for every internal assessment task RoT (if you don't mind me asking and if you remember)?
Whoops, that feeling when you answered a question directed at Rivalry (because I couldn't figure out what RoT meant at that time)

Ekman

HSC
I just realised I need a ruler for my eco trials tomorrow. Which ruler do you recommend me buying? Hitler or Mussolini #punsbecauseisstressedfortrials

HSC
it's chem :/
I think you're me
Since trials is over I know the chem experts in my class would like discussing some of the stuff for me
If you can get some classmates to explain in a way for you to understand, get someone how has improved drastically over the course since they know how you feel in this situation

Chris_S

HSC
Got 6th in biology finally my ranks are climbing up and looking reasonable! A massive improvement compared to 20th in prelim and 12th in half-yearlies!

Chris_S

HSC
Nah but a pretty good cohort! So I am pretty happy with it

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Haha yeah I thought you just wanted to show off those epic marks :p

How did you end up going with your trials result?
Hahaha! No! I wasn't, I thought you actually asked me and then RoT meant something here on BOS but I didn't know what XD!

Didn't get them back, teacher was away --> what a troll.

How are your results for Business :)?

Also, say that you internal ranking wasn't on point, but you did extremely well in the external, what would happen?

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
Hahaha! No! I wasn't, I thought you actually asked me and then RoT meant something here on BOS but I didn't know what XD!

Didn't get them back, teacher was away --> what a troll.

How are your results for Business :)?

Also, say that you internal ranking wasn't on point, but you did extremely well in the external, what would happen?
How well are we talking 95+ then you'd be pretty sweet

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
How well are we talking 95+ then you'd be pretty sweet
My internal rank is alright, I'm not saying I'm at the bottom. But just in case, I'm wondering if external will help drag my overall HSC mark for that one subject up.

Since I'm accelerated, I have the choice of doing HSC Business AGAIN (as long as I drop it before this term ends). So I'm researching and collecting information to have a more informed decision. Obviously, I am okay with doing okay at Business Studies and then focusing on MX1, Economics and Physics.

Ekman

HSC
So screwed for tomorrow. Only God can save me now [emoji24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)