2020-HSC chat (2 Viewers)

thatgaegoth

HSC
Damn that’s unlucky what did they say? Did they give that whole spiel about how ur getting reported and everything? Hope it all turns out well!!
yeah i've been reported to nesa, they have photocopies of the notesTM and I had to fill out a student statement, eventually I have to somehow tell my parents and then i have to have multiple meetings with NESA people and my parents

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
yeah i've been reported to nesa, they have photocopies of the notesTM and I had to fill out a student statement, eventually I have to somehow tell my parents and then i have to have multiple meetings with NESA people and my parents
They do literally say before the start of every exam to check your pockets if you accidentally have a phone/notes on you and that you can still hand it in. I hope this is a joke and not real pls

thatgaegoth

HSC
They do literally say before the start of every exam to check your pockets if you accidentally have a phone/notes on you and that you can still hand it in. I hope this is a joke and not real pls
it's real, I sit with separate supervision from a majority of the exam takers (further away) and am hard of hearing and the exam attendants for special needs students don't exactly repeat what they said unless you ask. I did ask a couple times what they had said but they just repeated the stuff about which section is what.
(which was useful because there are always quite a few booklets and it can be a bit overwhelming to me)

It's not a joke I'm just a fuck up. I feel like shit and am currently preparing a series of for and against evidence so I can prove I didn't cheat.

I received a phone call from a NESA person today and I have a skype meeting soon to talk to NESA people as well any adults I'd like to invite for supervision/ help, I was thinking of inviting my phycologist, my disability carer and this teacher at my school that knows about how my depression + excessive cramming 4 exams who could back me up on how shitty my short term memory is these days. I mean ffs I forgot to bring any writing materials into my Religion exam because I was so worried, same thing for Maths (no calculator+ ruler), Geo (no calculator+ruler+protractor+string+magnifying glass) and Business Studies (no pencils+calculator)

tbh I'm not even entirely sure what they have on me? The lady on the phone said that I may have cheated on the BS exam and one of the exam attendants said they found notes on the day of maths + BS exam. pretty crazy tho cause I have my BS syllabus memorised

Last edited:

shashysha

HSC
damn im just enjoying my life after hsc and realise our assessment ranks come out today :(

大きい男

HSC
Do you know what they tell us? Like is it our school rankings but moderated by NESA?
It's just your internal ranks for your subjects, no marks or anything pertaining to the HSC exams (iirc from last year). I think the purpose of it is to check them against your report to make sure they're correct.

Nikolerak

HSC
It's just your internal ranks for your subjects, no marks or anything pertaining to the HSC exams (iirc from last year). I think the purpose of it is to check them against your report to make sure they're correct.
Why only ranks? Where will 50% percent of our final HSC come if they don't know our internal marks?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Why only ranks? Where will 50% percent of our final HSC come if they don't know our internal marks?
Internal marks mean nothing in sense of direct contribution. What matters is your rank and the gaps in marks between the ranks. Using how your cohort performed in the HSC exam NESA is able to compare your cohort to other schools cohorts and determine what your internal mark should be. It’s fair but not straight forward.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Because your school may set easier exams then the HSC, so there is a process called "moderation" that takes into account how your cohort performs in the HSC, and their respective ranks within the cohort to work out what marks they will assign you for "internals".

Nikolerak

HSC
Internal marks mean nothing in sense of direct contribution. What matters is your rank and the gaps in marks between the ranks. Using how your cohort performed in the HSC exam NESA is able to compare your cohort to other schools cohorts and determine what your internal mark should be. It’s fair but not straight forward.
Do people who are ranked lower than me also affect my final mark?

idkkdi

HSC
Do people who are ranked lower than me also affect my final mark?
again, as they said, the process is kind of complicated. answering this question may likely give you a wrong idea. Those ranked lower affect your marks, but they also don't.

thatgaegoth

HSC
Okay, but do I need to look at my HSC results?
Do I miss out on anything if I simply don't look at my marks?

thatgaegoth

HSC
GUYS I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY

I'M THE FIRST IN MY FAMILY TO FINISH HIGH SCHOOL AND I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED, I DON'T REALLY HAVE PEOPLE TO SHARE THE NEWS WITH SO HERE! I HOPE THIS MESSAGE SPREADS HOPE BECAUSE I NEVER FUCKING THOUGHT I'D GET IN GUYS I'M SO HAPPY

I'M SPREADING THE GOOD ENERGY YOUR WAY I HOPE ALL OF YOU GET ACCEPTED INTO THE UNIVERSITIES YOU'RE MOST INTERESTED IN

<<<<<<<<<<<<33333333333333333

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

I'M THE FIRST IN MY FAMILY TO FINISH HIGH SCHOOL AND I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED, I DON'T REALLY HAVE PEOPLE TO SHARE THE NEWS WITH SO HERE! I HOPE THIS MESSAGE SPREADS HOPE BECAUSE I NEVER FUCKING THOUGHT I'D GET IN GUYS I'M SO HAPPY

I'M SPREADING THE GOOD ENERGY YOUR WAY I HOPE ALL OF YOU GET ACCEPTED INTO THE UNIVERSITIES YOU'RE MOST INTERESTED IN

Wonderful job! Congratulations!

Go and celebrate with your family! I’m sure everyone must be really proud.

And best of luck for this new and unfamiliar journey of yours.

popjin

HSC

Congrats! That's a massive achievement, looks like all your hard work has paid off!

shashysha

HSC

congrats im hella happy for you after your hsc period!! what course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)