Accounting Cadetship Night - 21st of May, THIS THURSDAY! (1 Viewer)

s2Vicki

[untitled]
HSC
It would be really useful to go:

- if you are unsure of what's required if you DO become a cadet.
- if you are unsure whether double degree is allowed or if certain uni combination is allowed or not...
- if you are unsure of what's the benefit & cost
- if you are passionate about accounting
- 1000+ other reasons (including freebies...:rofl:)
But I seriously doubt that I would even be able to achieve the UAI needed to receive a cadetship or even to get into a good uni.
I know it's not all about the UAI but I would be competing against people with UAIs of 99+ and who have had more experience and skills than I have.
Btw is it too late to register? I checked the website and I don't think it's too late to register but its's tomorrow... and I heard people got texts and emails already about it...

Timelord09

HSC
woo cadetships

let's hope they are desparate for me.

i'm in short supply.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
But I seriously doubt that I would even be able to achieve the UAI needed to receive a cadetship or even to get into a good uni.
I know it's not all about the UAI but I would be competing against people with UAIs of 99+ and who have had more experience and skills than I have.
Btw is it too late to register? I checked the website and I don't think it's too late to register but its's tomorrow... and I heard people got texts and emails already about it...
I am fairly sure that you can register ON THE DAY. I will just indirectly (and also little bit inaccurately) quote what seremify said:

"the reason why they ask you to register is to predict the number of people enrolling and also to get the name tags and etc. organised"

I also remember from his post that you can reigster ON THE DAY.

About being accepted in or not. You don't know that. As I mentioned earlier, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR FUTURE UAI will be. Schools give estimate but we all know that many are not entirely accurate. So I reckon you are pretty much on equal ground with others in terms of academic perf. unless your reports are crazily good or you accelerated in some subjects (which would be a GOOD INDICATOR of your performance)

s2Vicki

[untitled]
HSC
I am fairly sure that you can register ON THE DAY. I will just indirectly (and also little bit inaccurately) quote what seremify said:

"the reason why they ask you to register is to predict the number of people enrolling and also to get the name tags and etc. organised"

I also remember from his post that you can reigster ON THE DAY.

About being accepted in or not. You don't know that. As I mentioned earlier, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR FUTURE UAI will be. Schools give estimate but we all know that many are not entirely accurate. So I reckon you are pretty much on equal ground with others in terms of academic perf. unless your reports are crazily good or you accelerated in some subjects (which would be a GOOD INDICATOR of your performance)
ok on the day. i get it. no need for upper case.
and i did read the previous posts. i was just making sure.
trust me, i am not on equal ground. more like the opposite.
i have hardly done any extra activities and my rankings are not that good.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ok on the day. i get it. no need for upper case.
and i did read the previous posts. i was just making sure.
trust me, i am not on equal ground. more like the opposite.
i have hardly done any extra activities and my rankings are not that good.
At the end of the day it all comes down to whether or not you fit in. It's not always the smartest, brightest or most extra-curricular-filled-resume who gets the cadetship. After all, it is a job, and like most jobs out there, there are certain skills and attributes which you need to do the job well. These things may sound waffly when HR guys say that you need strong interpersonal skills, good time management, willingness to learn, etc... but it's the truth. This is what we use on a day to day basis and it should be second nature. Even if you don't have a billion things on your application, if you can demonstrate in some way or another that you excel in the areas which we need in our field of work, then you're an ideal candidate. Simple right?

... now all you have to do is figure out what it is we actually do, and see if you fit into that :)

adidasboy

weee
HSC
I'll unleash my friend who does Kung-Fu on you :D

My best bet for tomorrow is that it will be boring. My sister said that you'll be wanting to leave early :mad1:
haha i know for sure that i will be very occupied =P *stretches eyes* hehe
too much to see ^_^

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
At the end of the day it all comes down to whether or not you fit in. It's not always the smartest, brightest or most extra-curricular-filled-resume who gets the cadetship. After all, it is a job, and like most jobs out there, there are certain skills and attributes which you need to do the job well. These things may sound waffly when HR guys say that you need strong interpersonal skills, good time management, willingness to learn, etc... but it's the truth. This is what we use on a day to day basis and it should be second nature. Even if you don't have a billion things on your application, if you can demonstrate in some way or another that you excel in the areas which we need in our field of work, then you're an ideal candidate. Simple right?

... now all you have to do is figure out what it is we actually do, and see if you fit into that :)
accounting is basically defined as being boring, so does that mean your looking for boring people?

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Was this tonight? How many people from our school went ?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
did you go namu?
i'm pretty sure i saw you, or at least one of the 52345892352345 lookalikes that were there.
ye i was there with rugby boys and with a dude who wore thongs and really casual stuff haha

i was basically surrounded by those boys so u might have seen me but i dun know.

freaking awesome day, met all the bosers i planned to meet and got driven by my friend =)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
OMFG
I freaking hate james ruse now... I was at the unsw co-op stand thingy and I just started to talk to the guy there, then all of a sudden some freaking james ruse chick came behind me and then the guy literally pushed me aside and started talking to her half way through our convo ==''

btw, did anyone notice that there were like atleast 50 james ruse people there??? my friends were like wtf?!?!?!

Timelord09

HSC
what colour uniform was j.r?

i found i liked the mid-tier firms better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)