Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

lsdpoon1337

HSC
well for EY, though the lunch thing is on 24th jul, they said you must reply on accepting/ declining the offer by 28 July. So there is a chance you could get the offer after their lunch.

^Also, at this point since all the interviews are done and offers are being made there is no harm calling them up. Don't lose hope, I was in the same situation last week.

pearling

HSC
N/A
I think I am gonna call up too. I'm surprised at the lack of response from KPMG esp after an interview. For other Big 4 they always contact you within 24 hrs of your interview even if you dont make it...

lsdpoon1337

HSC
^No, for EY I was never contacted personally (most likely because I scraped in). They just sent me the contract stuff a few days later.

pearling

HSC
N/A
^No, for EY I was never contacted personally (most likely because I scraped in). They just sent me the contract stuff a few days later.
Congrats on the EY offer lsdpoon! I'm so jealous hehe :)

When you said that you got the mass kpmg email - was that after interview and when did you get it?

lsdpoon1337

HSC
^That was not the interview. I'm ashamed to say it was a rejection email for the online application.

pearling

HSC
N/A
^Not need to be ashamed, you've secured EY :) I'm quite surprised EY didnt call you... so there's still 1 in a million chance in there for me haha. Ty for all your info.

chemmeh

HSC
yeah my friend got KPMG rejection letter today... he didn't get through the 1st stage...

i guess they're so busy

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
Chances getting slimmer unfortunately, especially if you do not have a phone call till 6pm today.

Cadet Post Offer Celebration :
KPMG ---> Thursday tomm. 5-7pm leaving at 6:15 then got to run to
PwC ---> Thursday tomm. 6 - 7:30
EY ---> Friday 12:30 - 2pm

Don't think they will have the 2nd offer after these celebration.

Good Luck Guys !!!

err by any chance dyu know what the attire for the KPMg thing is.. i forgot to ask lol

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
I think I am gonna call up too. I'm surprised at the lack of response from KPMG esp after an interview. For other Big 4 they always contact you within 24 hrs of your interview even if you dont make it...
really? i got my call half an hour after my interviews?

pearling

HSC
N/A
^Congrats on that you were obviously a top candidate and they really wanted you. But for those of us who they dont like so much, they're taking it bit long getting back to us. I just hate it when they dont formally reject you, and you have this silly little hope, gah the suspense =/

Protein

HSC
err by any chance dyu know what the attire for the KPMg thing is.. i forgot to ask lol

From now on I bet everything is formal / business attire. Good during winter though.... c u guys...

chemmeh

HSC
omg ayehann u got KPMG
so much for i'm not gonna get it

btw it's tim from the assessment centre

Mkj

HSC
i just missed a call from pwc...do u think its a rejection call coz they had congrats drinks last night =S

pearling

HSC
N/A
^Hmm I dont know but for KPMG which also had their celebratory dinner last night, the HR lady told me today that they still havent made final offers and said they're still considering applications and told me to hang on til next week... I think some firms are seeing how many ppl accept the offers before accepting more? Hmm I dont know maybe kpmg is really busy atm.Just call them back and good luck :) I'd def want a yes/no so I can focus on other thing snstead of waiting another week.

lsdpoon1337

HSC
btw, how many did the other firms take?
Man, EY had probably less than 20 if you discount the 1st year uni people.

Mkj

HSC
it turned out to be a rejection call...oh well...goodluk for all u others still waitn

chemmeh

HSC
lol pearling...
i hate waiting,... especially after i left them a msg and i haven't gotten a reply since

i'm sure there will be places open... a fair amount of ppl got other offers

e.g. protein

anyway good luck
i doubt i got it... now i have to cram and make up for the lost trial study time!!!!

vanillacream

HSC
i just got a call from kpmg today and i didn't get a position. SIGH
i feel ever worse because from what you guys have said they still have spare spots :(
oh well, i will try out for the scholarship next year if they get that out and for unsw co-op :)
good luck to all of you!

pearling

HSC
N/A
Aww bummer vanillacream but at least the suspense is over :) Did you apply for kpmg audit or mma? And when they called, did they provide feedback on why you werent successful so you can improve on it next time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)