Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

chemmeh

HSC
sorry to hear that vanilllacream...i'd prlly be rejected too... now ur making me shit my pants more

LOL

goodluck with co-op

pearling

HSC
N/A
^Did you just get the call..at like 10 pm?! Dw there are way more opportunities out there without signing your life away at 18 yo...

lsdpoon1337

HSC
good practice for co-op and future interviews. Anyway, the location of KPMG is kinda a hassle to get to uni.

del_09

HSC
N/A
Similar to question asked by pearling earlier, cna ppl who got calls from KPMG to reject them tll us which service line you applied for and what city too? much thanks!

vanillacream

HSC
i applied for audit at sydney kpmg. they didn't tell me why i didn't get in.

pearling

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that info vanilla :)

KPMG updated their information on the website about its scholarship program and it sounds really awesome, just as good if not better than cadetship. No need to do work/uni part time but you still get generous financial grant and secure employment with kpmg post grad for 3 yrs... I'm def gonna try out for this if I dont get cadet which is really likely since I've heard nothing from them. Oh and do you guys know if other Big4 are introducing similar programs??

HSC
Man, EY had probably less than 20 if you discount the 1st year uni people.
Yeah, i was quite shocked at the number :/ I thought EY would take 30 or so people, but there were only 4 future cadets per table (i think) and there were 5 tables...

lsdpoon1337

HSC
^From just scouring past threads on this forum I read somewhere (can't exactly remember where) that EY takes 20-30 each year. So yeah.

Some people who got PwC told me they take like 40-50. That's crazy lol

vanillacream

HSC
i heard that Deloitte is holding a Development program. is that similar to what KPMG's doing? the scholarship sounds awesome but i think it will be really competitive.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Who got a call from Duncan Dovico? I heard they only accepted 4 people this year.
My friend got it and rejected it immediately -.-

Oh well, he got offers from PwC and UTS which he reckons to be substentially better.

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
Who got a call from Duncan Dovico? I heard they only accepted 4 people this year.
HAHAHA... i got a call for an interview.. booked it for monday last weekk. on sunday night sent them an email sayin im not comin coz id accepted KPMG instead

HSC
N/A
My friend got it and rejected it immediately -.-

Oh well, he got offers from PwC and UTS which he reckons to be substentially better.
can i ask when he got the call?
cos ive just realised i missed a call from them today, too late now to call them
they said they would contact ppl on monday and tuesday tho, so i dont like my chances

did anyone here get a call from duncan dovico?

mr2yen

HSC
can i ask when he got the call?
cos ive just realised i missed a call from them today, too late now to call them
they said they would contact ppl on monday and tuesday tho, so i dont like my chances

did anyone here get a call from duncan dovico?
they called me yesterday saying that they are still deciding and that they will make a decision by friday

HSC
N/A
^ hey dr.jolly, did ur friend get in?
i got a call today and if decisions were already finalised yesterday then it was probably a reject call

n also what's appealing about dd's program, if u dont mind me asking? lol, the partner explained it to me but i cant remember a word he said :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Nah, she didn't, but best wishes to you dom.

From memory (and this is back from the Cadet info night), Duncan's cadet program allows you to work at maximum of 24 hours a week. That's great considering how with other firms you are required to work a minimum of 34 hours. It would be a lot less stressful. And, their application was really easy too - all you had to do was submit your resume in and ta-da. Although, I stuffed that bit up by sending HLB Mann Judd's Cover Letter to them :haha:
Hm, that's actually quite nice.

I wish they had cadetship programs for Actuarial and stuff...even marketing. ah

HSC
N/A
Nah, she didn't, but best wishes to you dom.

From memory (and this is back from the Cadet info night), Duncan's cadet program allows you to work at maximum of 24 hours a week. That's great considering how with other firms you are required to work a minimum of 34 hours. It would be a lot less stressful. And, their application was really easy too - all you had to do was submit your resume in and ta-da. Although, I stuffed that bit up by sending HLB Mann Judd's Cover Letter to them :haha:
haha yeh i guess its common practice to reuse your cover letter
yeh the partner said they only expected around 20 hrs a week
hmm sounds appealing ill prob give them a call tomorrow evening if they dont call back
i dont like my chances but thanks for the info yvonne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)