Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Lol, I might end up at galaxy world or something aye?
haha dont worry man, do you know where china town is? where all the "stereotype" asian hang out? yaah well Darling Harbor is pretty close. Have some dim sum then go for short walk to darling harbor

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
my prime objective = scabbing freebies :D
nah seriously, this cadetship thing sounds pretty interesting, though theres a very low probability that i'd get in (calculated after using permutations and combinations as well as binomial expansion) it still could be beneficial...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
haha dont worry man, do you know where china town is? where all the "stereotype" asian hang out? yaah well Darling Harbor is pretty close. Have some dim sum then go for short walk to darling harbor
now I gotta follow a lot of chinese people...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yayyyyy :D
well school finishes at 12:10pm tommorow but I gotta go to parra to buy something and walk around lol, so how about we meet at central at ~4pm?? it starts at 4:30...
yeah that sounds good man.

if we are going to meet, townhall should be alright.

alternatively, we can just meet at sydney convention centre at around 4:30, that way, i can actually find u lol

i will wait u around at 4 and if i cannot see u, oh well, there is always a sydney convention centre

pearling

HSC
N/A
Hey guys sorry if this is a really silly question but I went thru the whole PwC website and couldnt find the answer. For the PWC cadetship, there are 2 placements - one in assurance and another in tax and legal. Can anyone explain what these two areas do and what are their differences since they both req a bachelor of commerce majoring in accounting. Maybe I missed it but I swear PwC didt actually go into details about the two programs. Also can you apply to both of the two areas? or do you have to choose one? And I also heard a rumour that you cna do a double degree program with PWC cadetship - but I couldnt find any nfo confirming this on their website. Hope someone can clear up my confusions!! Thanks in advance :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys sorry if this is a really silly question but I went thru the whole PwC website and couldnt find the answer. For the PWC cadetship, there are 2 placements - one in assurance and another in tax and legal. Can anyone explain what these two areas do and what are their differences since they both req a bachelor of commerce majoring in accounting. Maybe I missed it but I swear PwC didt actually go into details about the two programs. Also can you apply to both of the two areas? or do you have to choose one? And I also heard a rumour that you cna do a double degree program with PWC cadetship - but I couldnt find any nfo confirming this on their website. Hope someone can clear up my confusions!! Thanks in advance :)
Assurance services reduce the information risk; risk that the information provided is incorrect, on more than just financial data. The major purpose of assurance services is to provide independent and professional opinions that improve the quality of information to management as well as other decision makers within a given firm.
whereas legal & tax part looks at legal and tax aspects of the business.

Basically assurance -> audit

BTW doing UNSW commerce will cover what's required from both or one of them.

I personally think that you have to choose one...but I am not too sure. It will be great if someone could carify this issue. BTW, it's highly recommended that you DON'T do a double degree. It's possible, yes. However, it's very very unlikely.

My Q to fellow BoSers: does anyone know the rough intake of cadets for each big 4? I have asked each Big 4 and I got:

50 for PwC, 40 for KPMG, 20 for E&Y and 10 or thereabout for Deloitte. Can someone confirm this for me?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
whereas legal & tax part looks at legal and tax aspects of the business.

Basically assurance -> audit

BTW doing UNSW commerce will cover what's required from both or one of them.

I personally think that you have to choose one...but I am not too sure. It will be great if someone could carify this issue. BTW, it's highly recommended that you DON'T do a double degree. It's possible, yes. However, it's very very unlikely.

My Q to fellow BoSers: does anyone know the rough intake of cadets for each big 4? I have asked each Big 4 and I got:

50 for PwC, 40 for KPMG, 20 for E&Y and 10 or thereabout for Deloitte. Can someone confirm this for me?

Audit is cooler as an undergrad. You get wireless internet for your laptop and move around to dozens of clients feeling important. It's where you want to be XD

*bias*

Intakes... 50 for pwc? mmm.. sounds a little high to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to 30-40... good luck either way.

Also there's never a fixed number.. if you guys are terrible they'll take less of you and vice versa...

leoyh

mic`
HSC

Last year at Deloitte the HR ladies said they got about 550 applications, and they narrowed it down to about 70 people, which came in for their assessment day. From there, if you performed well, they called you back for an interview with a partner in your nominated division. They said they'd end up taking about 12-15 people

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^yep that sounds about right. That's what I was told by the lady too. That's a very small intake for a Big 4 tho...I wonder why

Audit is cooler as an undergrad. You get wireless internet for your laptop and move around to dozens of clients feeling important. It's where you want to be XD

*bias*

Intakes... 50 for pwc? mmm.. sounds a little high to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to 30-40... good luck either way.

Also there's never a fixed number.. if you guys are terrible they'll take less of you and vice versa...
hm lol interesting...

Yep, I thought 50 was little bit high too but from what I have read in other threads about cadetship, they did say it's about 50-60. But considering the global financial crisis, I reckon it would be safe to assume that it's about mid to low 40s.

BTW, I feel that I need to clarify this issue:
while I was applying for assurance for PwC, I briefly came across the "time schedule" and it says - 1st year full-time study, 2nd-3rd years full-time employment and 4th year full time study. I wonder if this is correct...I always though it was 1-2nd year full time work and 3-4 year full time study...

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
shouldnt that be better?

the jump from being a senior from highschool to being the dog at work should be pretty big

pearling

HSC
N/A
At the KPMG presentation @school they said they're taking 22 for assurance, and 7 for another category, so in total 29. Btw did anyone apply to the UBS cadetship?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
At the KPMG presentation @school they said they're taking 22 for assurance, and 7 for another category, so in total 29. Btw did anyone apply to the UBS cadetship?
yep I did.

I put in so much effort into that. That's my "perfect" application. I really hope I get in =)

cassieagill

HSC
hey can you guys help, ive applied for all the big4, but also wanted to apply for mid tier firms, so far i have only found moore stephens and pkf who are taking cadets in melbourne, know any more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)