are you dropping (1 Viewer)

Answer

• Total voters

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Trying to decide whether to drop IPT or EX1, seeing as I don't really like either of these courses.

Not very sure on what to do yet.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
:O that is so unfair! far out, I'd be so mad if my parents said that. The worst I get is, "Oh...that marks a bit disappointing but you'll do better next time right?" Maybe you should try to let them know how serious you really are about your HSC and that you're perfectly capable of making decisions about your education.
agreed, seconded and motioned

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
My parents usually say stuff like:
"You failed to get into selective in Year 6, there is no second chance in HSC."
"You know you have to study more than other people, go study."
"You are still not serious and mature at your age."
"It would be good to put you in Africa/with a drug abused family to see how you really handle life."
That's better than my parents. I constantly get verbal abuses from my parents (especially my mum). She is making a ridiculous comparison between I and some random Korean guy who got 99+ UAI. She is commenting on how he got into Selective High School and got that awesome UAI. On the other hand, I get occasionally teased purely because I do not attend Selective High School. (I didn't have any opportunity in the first place)

She is acting as if she will be surprised if I get over 70 UAI. I don't like being treated like a academically retarded kid. And she keeps making decisions on my subjects and my overall academic life. It sucks to be myself.

Good ranks at my school apparently does not mean anything to my parents...

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
thats ok, and thats a bit sterotyped isn't it?
No, I'm just asking because that's what my parents used to be like until I convinced them otherwise, sorry, not trying to stereotype but the line of lecturing seems similar even though much harsher.

blackglitter

HSC
lyounamu said:
That's better than my parents. I constantly get verbal abuses from my parents (especially my mum). She is making a ridiculous comparison between I and some random Korean guy who got 99+ UAI. She is commenting on how he got into Selective High School and got that awesome UAI. On the other hand, I get occasionally teased purely because I do not attend Selective High School. (I didn't have any opportunity in the first place)

She is acting as if she will be surprised if I get over 70 UAI. I don't like being treated like a academically retarded kid. And she keeps making decisions on my subjects and my overall academic life. It sucks to be myself.

That's just...harsh...
But YOU believe in yourself right? That's what will really matter in the end, and that's what will help you prove her wrong.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
blackglitter said:
That's just...harsh...
But YOU believe in yourself right? That's what will really matter in the end, and that's what will help you prove her wrong.
It does have an emotional impact sometimes. Only way I can prove her wrong is by getting my UAI back next year which is a light year away. I just have to ensure that I emotionally survive by the time I get my UAI.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lyounamu said:

Aplus said:
"It would be good to put you in Africa/with a drug abused family to see how you really handle life."
:jaw:
no offence; but My Gawd WTF, your parents are so vindictive sounding, there is no use comparing someone to someone else cause we are all different. Do you parents ever say
'We're/I'm so proud of you well done"?
My parents have been so supportive my entire life, no i hear of very pushy parents that appear to try to live through their kids.

no offence but MY GAWD!:jaw:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
No, I'm just asking because that's what my parents used to be like until I convinced them otherwise, sorry, not trying to stereotype but the line of lecturing seems similar even though much harsher.
lol i understand sorry :I

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
marcquelle said:
no offence; but My Gawd WTF, your parents are so vindictive sounding, there is no use comparing someone to someone else cause we are all different. Do you parents ever say
My parents have been so supportive my entire life, no i hear of very pushy parents that appear to try to live through their kids.

Well, welcome to the world of having Asian parents who tend to use reverse-psychology to put their kids up. It doesn't always work, I need to say.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lyounamu said:
It does have an emotional impact sometimes. Only way I can prove her wrong is by getting my UAI back next year which is a light year away. I just have to ensure that I emotionally survive by the time I get my UAI.
and i hope you do survive and prove her wrong

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, welcome to the world of having Asian parents who tend to use reverse-psychology to put their kids up. It doesn't always work, I need to say.
That so harsh, i have an asian friend who killed herself cause her parents were like that, she was in her 3rd year of medicine and left a note telling them that it was all their fault, but not all asian parents are like that though, are they?

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:

Lol :p my parents are really supportive now, but just a few months ago when I got my school cert results back, this was their reaction:

"Oh! All band sixes...and a 100% in geography...Why didn't you do better in maths and science? You really need to improve your marks you know. How do you expect to become a doctor with these marks?'

lol, yeah, exact reaction pretty much. But they're 'cured' now and understand I do try my best and that's what's important

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Aplus said:
lol.

I don't think Asian parents will discourage you from doing 4 unit maths (assuming your parents are asian) cause they'll think the maths in Australia is finally coming up to standard to the maths in their home country.

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
That so harsh, i have an asian friend who killed herself cause her parents were like that, she was in her 3rd year of medicine and left a note telling them that it was all their fault, but not all asian parents are like that though, are they?
:jaw: OMG! That's so horrible. And no, thank god, not all asian parents are like that...

blackglitter

HSC
kaz1 said:
lol.

I don't think Asian parents will discourage you from doing 4 unit maths (assuming your parents are asian) cause they'll think the maths in Australia is finally coming up to standard to the maths in their home country.
So true, so true :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
lol.

True. Even if I do MX2, I will easily get pwned by my cousin who does normal maths in Korea.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
:jaw: OMG! That's so horrible. And no, thank god, not all asian parents are like that...
yeah i know, they are so supportive of the other daughter now who came out the other day actually, and she was so scared by their reaction. And i'm so glad to hear that not all asian parents are like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)