Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
Well Done, I found the ppl at the group interview at KPMG were friendly, cooperative, positive, and team orientated.

Looks like it could be a great place to work. Could you tell me what the next stage is after assessment day?

Cheers

Huy

HSC
N/A
There is no stage after that. It is the only stage. One big 5 hour hit.

You get the offer after (or perhaps even during) the assessment day, if successful.

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
I felt put in a good performance on the day, but made a few slip ups. Those will probably cost me, but feel better that I didn't make them in the mid-tier interviews coming up.

The free feed at lunch was great too. Probably had about 4-5 cokes that day alone.

I felt the culture at KPMG was a very young, friendly and welcoming. Out of the Big 4, is definately my favourite.

Good luck with it.

dram

i do things
HSC
which mid-tier firms are most people applying for? Korda, Pitcher, BDO are the only ones that i've really looked at.

deakin2009

HSC
What state are you all from? Im in Melbourne and just got a phonecall from KPMG i was accepted into tax so im over the moon!!!!! Have a Deloitte partner interview tomorrow so that should be interesting.
A tough selection process i must say from all the firms, but dont you all get the feeling it was all worth it as soon as you get the phone call

BeeCom

HSC
If a Partner from a certain division of tax is interviewing you, is it safe to assume that you'll be working in said Partner's division?

If such is the case, what would you all do if you were being interviewed by a Partner in an area you don't want to be in?

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
atang2008 said:
sunjet, Huy and DexJnr, just a quick question, when did you guys submit your applications for KPMG and PwC? I submitted mine (I applied audit for both) at the end of last week, but so far I haven't heard from any of them.

And yes, Deloitte IS the saddest of the big4!

I submitted KPMG like 12 or 13th August?

PwC on the 19th.

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Anyone go to the EY Info Night in Sydney last night? Anything of interest from the session?

I missed it cos I been smoked with flu.

Cheers

BeeCom

HSC
DexJnr said:
Anyone go to the EY Info Night in Sydney last night? Anything of interest from the session?

I missed it cos I been smoked with flu.

Cheers
For tax, we were all given name tags with International and Corporate tax on it and during the mingling session we were supposed to ask around the different divsions of tax and find where we wanted to go. It was great, very informative, but we were kicked out smack on 5.30 due to another function taking place next door :p

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
BeeCom said:
For tax, we were all given name tags with International and Corporate tax on it and during the mingling session we were supposed to ask around the different divsions of tax and find where we wanted to go. It was great, very informative, but we were kicked out smack on 5.30 due to another function taking place next door :p

Haha fair enough.

I was meant to be there from 6.30-7.30...assurance.

I really wanted to attend in order to speak to partners/managers before the recruitment day next week but the hr lady told me not to worry as it wont disadvantage me.

Like obviously it would have been better to be there, but it's the recruitment day that counts aye

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Lol I wouldn't worry about it. Last year, I was so stupid that I actually DID attend the info night for EY but in the interview, I said that I didn't cos I didn't know what "information session" the partner was referring to...*head on desk*

Still got an offer though haha

Demandred

HSC
Could anyone be kind enough to tell me what's the partner interview like at Deloitte?

BeeCom

HSC
Demandred said:
Could anyone be kind enough to tell me what's the partner interview like at Deloitte?
Just a chit-chat and behavioural questions mate..not much too it. Be personable and try get the partner to like you. Hopefully you have enough worldly experience to answer the behavioural q's effectively...otherwise you're set

iamabanana

HSC
This may be kinda a stupid question but does pwc have a co op program?
I remember not being able to find it when trying to apply and could only do the vac.
Ive now got the conquest assessment next wednesday and the emails says its for co op. I'm quite happy that is for co op but would that mean its harder to get with less spots.
Any1 got tips for the conquest assessment? Is it just writing task then group discussion then repeat of online test then interview with partner?

Is it just me who absolutely hates behavioural questions, or does every1 feel the same.

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
iamabanana said:
This may be kinda a stupid question but does pwc have a co op program?
I remember not being able to find it when trying to apply and could only do the vac.
Ive now got the conquest assessment next wednesday and the emails says its for co op. I'm quite happy that is for co op but would that mean its harder to get with less spots.
Any1 got tips for the conquest assessment? Is it just writing task then group discussion then repeat of online test then interview with partner?

Is it just me who absolutely hates behavioural questions, or does every1 feel the same.

regarding the conquest day..

the writing test was first and tough cos you only had 5 mins reading time and 25 mins to write it up. ran out of time..

then the group activity where you role-played as various managers of pwc relating to climate change, in this case carbon emissions. speak up and stand firm on your views.

followed by lunch..

then depending on which group you were in....office tour + 2 on 1 interview + numeric test validation (you gotta do the test again 15 mins for 10 qs) in no particular order.

iamabanana

HSC
Thanks for that dex. 2 on 1 interview seems scary :S
BL on not making it, I expect to join you soon.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I didn't get a partner interview for Deloitte =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)