• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (3 Viewers)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
it's not in 4u i just saw the formulae and thought they were sinh and cosh
also cosh was in the 3u sample paper (the catenary)
yeah u can use 4u methods i think just don't get the wrong answer so it's better to use 3u methods
oh dam was it given w hints and stuff tho? bc like I never learnt it at du or anything and I was just given that out of the blue lmao. never thought itd be its own little subtopic

WeiWeiMan

HSC
oh dam was it given w hints and stuff tho? bc like I never learnt it at du or anything and I was just given that out of the blue lmao. never thought itd be its own little subtopic
you were given the equation cuz it's just a function that you were asked to integrate
it's not a subtopic it's just integrals (for the 3u sample question)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
in b) ii tho, they wanted the proof for dy/dx=... be4 finding the inv when y=cinv(x). so they used implicit diff in there, but idk if im doing it wrong or if im doing something dumb bc I keep getting the original equation back

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
you were given the equation cuz it's just a function that you were asked to integrate
it's not a subtopic it's just integrals (for the 3u sample question)
Oh shite, mb, the next pic in the post dud, part (a) was provided just so then yk what the subparts of the qn were

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Hey, everyone :).
I‘m scared for maths ext 1 next year. If anyone has completed prelim, is it hard 😅?
FYI, I was in 5.3 maths this year but I failed two of the assessments and barely scraped by in passing the course overall.😬 (I ended up with B7 on my RoSA, which I’m pretty sure is kinda bad if you’re in 5.3).
I tried really hard in my study towards the assessments but during assessments my mind shuts off and I forget EVERYTHING istg.
Does anyone have any tips on how to combat test anxiety, along with addressing careless errors.

Sidenote, I am aiming for a 99+ ATAR and getting into med school to become a GP (I know it’s very ambitious and very unachievable) along with getting all - rounder in HSC. I am willing to put the work into achieving this. My family is not in the financial position to afford tutoring so I will need to work hard.

In summary, is it possible to have an ‘academic glow-up’ such that I achieve a 99+ ATAR, or am I just delusional and in denial and what should I do over the holidays to prepare?🤡

I wish everyone the best of luck and pray for your successes going into prelims next year!

P.s - Sorry for my very unorganised writing (my brain ain’t functioning after my traumatic y10 yearlies 💀
P.s 2 - I’m planning on taking 4u.
Where do I get my Rosa ?? I didn’t get anything ??

WeiWeiMan

HSC
nah, but my ist teacher threatened me w it in t1 but 3 30%s later mf wasn't able to do shit so im guessing its rlly hard to fail.
You’re calling your teacher mf? Ok
If your teacher threatened with a fail they prob just want you to actually pretend to care about the subject idk?
They prob won’t actually fail you cuz they could have some implications (idk)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)