• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

Stuck In 2020

HSC
Hullo :3
Can anyone give me feedback on my Idea for a Prac as part of my Depth study for Physics (Please <3)
(Its meant to either be on Mod 2 or 3).
The Idea is currently testing the Conductivity of different materials by heating them over a bunsen and seeing how long it takes for them to reach a set temperature, however I worry that this is too simple... (aiming for 85%+ marks 🙃) Is there a way I could make this more complex? / Should I Just give up on this Idea (and if so... any Ideas are appreciated lol)
Danke sehr :3

HSC
guys how do yous pick which subject to drop in yr 12? it's confusing cuz i go to a public school with very few band 6's ever :blink2: anybody in the same boat?? i also am on 14 units

sakinluvo

HSC
guys how do yous pick which subject to drop in yr 12? it's confusing cuz i go to a public school with very few band 6's ever :blink2: anybody in the same boat?? i also am on 14 units
typically people drop their lowest or most boring subject (cuz its harder to have motivation to study for them). Im personally gonna drop biology because I don't need it for later studies and I find it really boring even though I got a good mark on it

melanie_o

HSC
Does anyone think it's a good idea to pick my English-related text as a modern adaptation of the original? For context, my school studied Othello and the related text that I wanted to choose was New Boy by Tracy Chevalier, which poses the tragedy of Othello within a contemporary setting. Will I be marked down for using a modern adaptation? Thank you.

v.tex

HSC
Anyone know if i can switch to a distance ed at this point in time?I know its an extreme long shot, but Modern History is so boring for me and I really regret not doing Chemistry. I talked to my school about switching from my Earth class to Chem (as it was on this line) but they didnt let me because it would be two hard and detrimental to my other subjects apparently. If I switch to a distance ed course from modern, I could argue that if it goes bad I will just drop it at the end of the year. Plus, I have quite alot of insurance as I am debating doing science extension at the end of the year so could drop 4 units. Idkk though. From some general research dont think this switch to a distance ed course is even possible, but worth a try I guess.
My reason is is that I barley am botherd to do work in modern- is it worth me giving chem a go if i would feel i would enjoy it- i just drop if it goes bad right

d.goomeister

HSC
Does anyone think it's a good idea to pick my English-related text as a modern adaptation of the original? For context, my school studied Othello and the related text that I wanted to choose was New Boy by Tracy Chevalier, which poses the tragedy of Othello within a contemporary setting. Will I be marked down for using a modern adaptation? Thank you.
Yes, you can go down the hole of appropriation and recontextualisation. My school decided to do Geoffrey Saxes' Othello

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)