Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
How is everyone going with Year 10 right now anyways? Everyone good? Yearlies are coming up for me so gotta get on the grind but something tells me I'm gonna procrastinate my days away asdgyshj.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
How is everyone going with Year 10 right now anyways? Everyone good? Yearlies are coming up for me so gotta get on the grind but something tells me I'm gonna procrastinate my days away asdgyshj.
Already am procrastinating as we speak! I genuinely don't really know what do, if I should 'grind' on all of my subjects, or if I should focus more just on science, math (accelerated), and english. Right now, i'm really disappointed because for 2 years, i've had to endure a class where, the teacher, literally did not teach (not an exaggeration). For the sake of the school's reputation, they simply put it aside and didn't care. As a result, I've been getting literally the most 🤮 marks possible, which ultimately lead me for last yr and this yr to not recieve an academic excellence award and 0 chance of duxing. This is IST... and somehow despite my sci math and eng being pretty solid, this crap has somehow seriously bordered me for the last 2 yrs.

From someone who isn't in y10 (pref higher grade), does academic prizes rlly do much in yr 10?

Last edited:

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
Already am procrastinating as we speak! I genuinely don't really know what do, if I should 'grind' on all of my subjects, or if I should focus more just on science, math (accelerated), and english. Right now, i'm really disappointed because for 2 years, i've had to endure a class where, the teacher, literally did not teach (not an exaggeration). For the sake of the school's reputation, they simply put it aside and didn't care. As a result, I've been getting literally the most 🤮 marks possible, which ultimately lead me for last yr and this yr to not recieve an academic excellence award and 0 chance of duxing. This is IST... and somehow despite my sci math and eng being pretty solid, this crap seriously bordered me for the last 2 yrs.

From a someone who isn't in y10 (pref higher grade), does academic prizes rlly do much in yr 10?
Oh no, that sounds like it sucks! I hope you'll get a better teacher next year that'll actually help you. Teachers that don't teach literally suck urgh. They suck the joy out of learning and it's part of the reason why I've hated maths for so long (still do but I just learnt to grit through it)

I think while it's good you do a bit of everything and grind, it's ultimately up to your priority and especially what subjects you're taking next year. I'm not saying don't try, but if you find yourself struggling to get everything done, I think you should prioritise those subjects (stuff like science, maths and English yes).

As for the academic excellence award, I get that feeling. Especially when you know you could do better if you had more support (which you SHOULD have had in the first place). I'm in Year 10 so that last bit isn't targetted at me, but as someone in your year who is trying their hardest to get academic prizes, awards and certificates (but failing, competition is hard), while I think they do matter, I don't think they matter overall. They're just a shiny symbol. You're progressing well even without them, but they don't hurt to have. I don't think that they matter much in year 10.

Good luck with studies and I hope everything goes well!!!

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Already am procrastinating as we speak! I genuinely don't really know what do, if I should 'grind' on all of my subjects, or if I should focus more just on science, math (accelerated), and english. Right now, i'm really disappointed because for 2 years, i've had to endure a class where, the teacher, literally did not teach (not an exaggeration). For the sake of the school's reputation, they simply put it aside and didn't care. As a result, I've been getting literally the most 🤮 marks possible, which ultimately lead me for last yr and this yr to not recieve an academic excellence award and 0 chance of duxing. This is IST... and somehow despite my sci math and eng being pretty solid, this crap has somehow seriously bordered me for the last 2 yrs.

From a someone who isn't in y10 (pref higher grade), does academic prizes rlly do much in yr 10?
No, not really :) but statistically for those who do well in junior years and perform consistently well that will reflect in their senior studies. Make sure not to fall behind in maths but your other subjects are important too. IST is an elective right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)