• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

C_master

OG member
HSC
I'm getting traumatised from seeing news of the English papers this year. A 20 mark mod c discursive/persuasive is lowkey cooked, no option for imaginative.
well then for us theres more of a chance that an 'imaginative' option will be available

appleali

HSC
apparently.. but im not 100% cos its a leak but ong if it was the marking is evil for this question 😭
yeah i sat the exam yesterday, it was the question
honestly if you look in the 2024 chat most ppl were pretty happy with the stimulus, maybe not so much about the forced discursive part
it was good for me tho cos i had a discursive that kinda fit the question already memorised so yeah

tvskAXatar

HSC
Everyone in English Advanced 2025 will unfortunately need to read their actual texts in full instead of watching/reading summaries, as they will likely question you with extract(s) in the exam because they didn't this year and didn't last year.

C_master

OG member
HSC
Everyone in English Advanced 2025 will unfortunately need to read their actual texts in full instead of watching/reading summaries, as they will likely question you with extract(s) in the exam because they didn't this year and didn't last year.
oh bruhh

C_master

OG member
HSC
wait what was the last year that did that?

melanie_o

HSC
Serious question + be realistic:

I got an average of 88 in 2u maths in y11 but much less in 3u. I failed the Perms + Combs test and got 62 on the polynomials + further functions test, then 66% on the prelim exam. I did see an upwards trajectory.

Does anyone think I am capable of recovering and able to get an e4 next year if I really try hard to improve? Furthermore should I even consider doing 4u (my school starts 4u next week)?

Solarised

HSC

I got an average of 88 in 2u maths in y11 but much less in 3u. I failed the Perms + Combs test and got 62 on the polynomials + further functions test, then 66% on the prelim exam. I did see an upwards trajectory.

Does anyone think I am capable of recovering and able to get an e4 next year if I really try hard to improve? Furthermore should I even consider doing 4u (my school starts 4u next week)?
Year 11 doesn't matter know that was literally just a trailer for the full screening your about to go through with year 12. You've messed up in year 11 so make up your mistakes in year 12, I did bad in year 11 and am now top of my cohort. Keep 4u the scaling is cracked and you have a lot of room to improve. And a message to all 25ers good luck on your hsc's just remember consistency is key and you can always come back no matter what

oopsie

HSC

Does anyone think I am capable of recovering and able to get an e4 next year if I really try hard to improve? Furthermore, should I even consider doing 4u (my school starts 4u next week)?
I'm 2024
by recovery what do you mean? year 11 doesn't count towards atar, only thing it does is early entry, which btw pretty much everyone does shit in year 11, and the ones who don't, usually burn out in year 12, (though there are some freaks of nature who are the exception)

the only recovery you need to do is revise over those things for year 12, just go over that stuff in holidays so you don't lag behind in year 12

btw I got early entry bachelor of science and my year 11 maths was around the 50% I did well in physics and fine in chemistry which is what helped, if you're doing advanced maths at all you're more likely to get accepted into uni for early entry or even just with ATAR

lolcti

academic liability
HSC
N/A
Btw this year's English Advanced was a blessing I pray for you 25ers cuz they gonna spam extract questions so you can't just have a single essay plan and hope for the best, your gonna literally have to memorise your texts and all your poems gl all 💀 💀 💀
wait that's good omg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)