Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Would people convert to Christianity, if say absolute, (or close to that) proof of Jesus's existence is avaliable?
Even if he existed, Jesus could just have been a man. Proof of his existence would not be proof of divinity.

BigBoyJames_

Banned
HSC
N/A
would people convert to christianity, if say absolute, (or close to that) proof of jesus's existence is avaliable?
if you give me proof that Jesus is the son of god and that Christianity is the true religion of Moses, Abraham and all of humanity i will convert to christianity instantly.

BigBoyJames_

Banned
HSC
N/A
ffs, if I wasnt muslim and I had to choose a religion ill be a jew.

That fucking says something about Christianity.

Lukybear

HSC
Even if he existed, Jesus could just have been a man. Proof of his existence would not be proof of divinity.

But proof of his existence, and of his teachings would ADD WEIGHT to the proof of his divinty, would you not agree?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But proof of his existence, and of his teachings would ADD WEIGHT to the proof of his divinty, would you not agree?
Not really. There's ample proof that Buddha existed, but it doesn't mean that his teachings/divinity hold any more weight for me.

And there is no proof of Jesus' divinity. Obviously.

Last edited:

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
We've heard crazy religious people spout nonsense that most people no longer recognise it as the crazy nonsense that it is.

It's funny/strange to ask a religious person what they believe, about how Jesus loves them and they know they're going to heaven and realise how self-serving and ridiculous what they're saying is. Imagine if mentally ill people suddenly all had the same delusions and became the majority in society.

BBJames

Banned
HSC
N/A
Does it make me a shit cunt to turn to god when im fucked up in some sort of way?

I dont know, because thats what ive realized ive been doing for the last 2 years now.

HSC
Does it make me a shit cunt to turn to god when im fucked up in some sort of way?

I dont know, because thats what ive realized ive been doing for the last 2 years now.
Makes u a hypocrite if u dont believe in god when ur not fucked up.

i-hate-engrish

HSC
Ok, here's the thing.
I believe in a god, because most people grow up feeling some sort of connection to a 'divine being'. I believe that 'god' is a personal thing it changes for each person, and for this reason god is created by that sense in most people.... 'god' is an abstract concept, like time.

but... I can't follow a religion no matter how hard I try. I feel that to say that to have faith means you need to follow a religion is arrogant.... and thats why i hate the institution of the catholic church - nothing against the people, they're some of the loveliest bunch I've ever met - because it insists that you cannot have one without the other.

one more thing... I hate religion because I have seen so many people grow up without questioning - or at least thinking about the other side of the argument - and therefore they just ACCEPT what they have been told, and then how can we say our society is intelligent if they can't even think about the things they have grown up with.

Sprangler

HSC
Ok, here's the thing.
I believe in a god, because most people grow up feeling some sort of connection to a 'divine being'. I believe that 'god' is a personal thing it changes for each person, and for this reason god is created by that sense in most people.... 'god' is an abstract concept, like time.

but... I can't follow a religion no matter how hard I try. I feel that to say that to have faith means you need to follow a religion is arrogant.... and thats why i hate the institution of the catholic church - nothing against the people, they're some of the loveliest bunch I've ever met - because it insists that you cannot have one without the other.

one more thing... I hate religion because I have seen so many people grow up without questioning - or at least thinking about the other side of the argument - and therefore they just ACCEPT what they have been told, and then how can we say our society is intelligent if they can't even think about the things they have grown up with.
An abstract concept did not create the universe sir - you are talking nonsense.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Ok, here's the thing.
Um, not really.

Arienetta

HSC
Ok, here's the thing.

I agree. I believe in evolution so for me, God is abstract.
'He' (for lack of a better word) is already inside me. When I am stuck, need help or whatever. I turn to 'God' to try and put things into perspective. I know that thousands would fall apart if, for some reason, God was proven to be a myth so I have no problem in some peoples need for a higher being, someone who knows better. I have a problem when people take their hate, their prejudices, their awful extremism and place it on his name.
I don't follow a religion; no one in my family does so I have no influence in my interpretation of God. This is just who 'he' is to me.

Gordy

HSC
Well
if neither of your 5 senses can feel God then he is not there.
What's the point of him being there if he is not known ?

Please don't say afterlife, that stuff isn't proven.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well

It should also be noted that none of my five senses can prove the existence of your higher consciousness either.
Does that mean that you're only a figment of my imagination?

HSC
Well

We can't see, smell, taste, touch or hear magnetic fields either. Doesn't mean they don't exist.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Well

Well he created the earth, he sustains it. Not just that he can be known, christians have a personal relationship with him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)